What's new

zatanna vs aquaman unwinnable or am i just bad?

etativel into MB teleport (either cross up or non cross up) is good against chars with not so good anti-airs (i.e. not aquaman or wonder woman)

Well given my limited experience, most characters with not so good anti-air I wouldn't even want to get close to with Zatanna so I can just play my zoning game. But I think that might just be my preference. I've got enough of being in people's faces with my main (Bane).

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Well given my limited experience, most characters with not so good anti-air I wouldn't even want to get close to with Zatanna so I can just play my zoning game. But I think that might just be my preference. I've got enough of being in people's faces with my main (Bane).
Yeah, fair enough. I just like being able to instant overhead from full screen.

Then, I link it into vortex and there comes damage =D

Yeah, fair enough. I just like being able to instant overhead from full screen.

Then, I link it into vortex and there comes damage =D

One problem is that sometimes the Teleport does not MB even though you know you put the input. Which leads to "poor Zatanna's day off" And the fact that you have to execute and excute while characters like Batgirl ans Supes are just "Lol.. what's execution?"

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
One problem is that sometimes the Teleport does not MB even though you know you put the input. Which leads to "poor Zatanna's day off" And the fact that you have to execute and excute while characters like Batgirl ans Supes are just "Lol.. what's execution?"
Yeah, know what you mean. Batgirl is my main, but I just love Zatanna in DC so much I'm gonna rep the hell out of her.

Why couldn't teleport be something like dd2 :(

Yeah, know what you mean. Batgirl is my main, but I just love Zatanna in DC so much I'm gonna rep the hell out of her.
Me too. But I fought 5 F23mans today and I didn't lose to them since I can teleport their lasers... But then I fight Batgirl and its like. Okay so if my opponent goes Batgirl, Delete Zatanna as an option (In other words Bane)

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Me too. But I fought 5 F23mans today and I didn't lose to them since I can teleport their lasers... But then I fight Batgirl and its like. Okay so if my opponent goes Batgirl, Delete Zatanna as an option (In other words Bane)
I usually just mirror batgirls. Or go with Frost. My Zatty isn't really good enough to take on anyone.

However, against batgirls, trait is surprisingly effective. db3 teleports on reaction, out zone with her better projectiles, absorb any batarangs or bolas thrown at you. Not to mention Zatty can vortex babs back.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
This matchups is definitely 8-2 in Aquaman's favor

Zatanna has no options post trident rush, she cannot jump at him, she cannot zone him, she cannot teleport, she can't beat him in footsies, she can barely open him up ever and when she finally does once in a blue moon he has trait to save him.... She really can't do much of anything to an Aquaman that knows the matchup

Basically all the Aquaman has to do is counter zone with FTD, d2 all jump ins, punish all teleports on reaction, and play footsies with d1~trident rush and b2~trident rush and he wins

8-2 Aquaman

KillaGthug4Life

Believe in Magic yet? Let us Dance
As much as this matchup sucks, honestly the MMH one pisses me off more. Aquaman (despite his BS b3 and trident range) is a fair character in my opinion. Yes he may have a few more advantages than other and easy high damage, but his wakeups are all easily stuffed and trait takes a pretty long time to reload. For Zatanna players it's just a keep them at full distance and try to work your way into trait safely. Zatanna's trait can do good work on AM depending on the distance (has to be about mid screen so sparks stuff trident).

MMH however can wreck Zatanna all day long with that god damn teleport of his. We can't dash in anticipation and only counter is via mbb3, which is awfully difficult to do on reaction tbh. And Pillars blow up the teleport pretty well. AM can be teleport d2 on reaction to from the deep, do able but still not great.

dagga

Noob
I think this 5-5 with Superman business is bullshit; I'll take Aquaman over Superman any day.