What's new

Zatanna Advanced Strats - Vortex, Levitate mix-ups + combo extension, & more...

Drake7

Noob
Any character with a projectile or teleport will blow up Zatanna's trait easy. Aquaman and KF will knock her out of that trait faster than she can even get into it.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Guys, she is complete bullshit. You can cover approach with Fireballs, or go into MB safe teleports, throw out 50/50s, that are safe...VORTEXS, KEEP AWAYS, MAGIC....

this is some fucked up shit man.

Icebaby

Ice Queen
Icebaby

So, because you're going to use Zatanna, you don't bitch about her dirt?

#HypocritePolice
Um what is there to bitch about? She doesn't look to have every tool in the game. She looks hard to use and master. She also looks very tricky and her specials come with weaknesses...

Am I missing something here?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Um what is there to bitch about? She doesn't look to have every tool in the game. She looks hard to use and master. She also looks very tricky and her specials come with weaknesses...

You made a thread about MMH MB Pillar being TOO GOOD.

MB PILLAR.

BEING TOO GOOD.

ASKING FOR NERFS.

Then you see this character, who has way better tools than MB Pillar.

"OH IT'S OK, TRAIT ACTIVATION IS SLOW"

Could you please never ever voice an opinion about what's fair or not in a fighting game. Ever? kthx

jaym7018

Noob

MB PILLAR.

BEING TOO GOOD.

ASKING FOR NERFS.

Could you please never ever voice an opinion about what's fair or not in a fighting game. Ever? kthx
I lol'd

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
they said she can't jump and her dash is slow, so if you have a teleport you force her to block and it gets rid of here trait, as of right now i see zataana vs lobo 10 - 0 MU maybe even 10- 0's grundy too. at least with flash i can speed dodge, but those projectiles are fast and i think one hits high, and she has a ground version one too, like iceberg or AM trident in trait that launches on hit. yeah she looks top tier material.
If blocking causes her trait to disappear then wake up swamp hands and ex swamp hands will make it impossible for her to use her trait against grundy at all. The MU will still be reeeeally shitty for grundy, but her trait will suck in it.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
If blocking causes her trait to disappear then wake up swamp hands and ex swamp hands will make it impossible for her to use her trait against grundy at all. The MU will still be reeeeally shitty for grundy, but her trait will suck in it.
can she teleport while i trait? if so then bait the swamp hands and full combo punish grundy for doing so, if not then idk.

Icebaby

Ice Queen

MB PILLAR.

BEING TOO GOOD.

ASKING FOR NERFS.

Zatanna having way better tools than MB pillar? Um please go ahead and point to me on what Zatanna has that is unavoidable and guaranteed like MB pillar. :confused:

MMH also has a safe sky falling teleport that puts you in the air for a combo.... Do I need to go on?

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
can she teleport while i trait? if so then bait the swamp hands and full combo punish grundy for doing so, if not then idk.
Aparantly she can teleport. Still waiting for her on PSN.

What I'm interested in is seeing if you can combo into trait for some nice damage. Looks like damage output in trait is pretty crazy. If you could get the vortex setup get them into MB trance then activate trait, continue the combo and fuck them over with a 50% that'd be sick. Even a 45%er would be good. Means she could kill you off two resets (3 bars though :/).

I'd be interested to see that corner combo with the levitate cancels. OMG It's like 2:30 in the morning here and I can't get to sleep cause I'm so hype for Zatanna. Why does EU PSN always get shafted :(

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
She can tele on the ground and use her three mirror move while in trait so she has option to avoid attacks too. EXCELLENT!

The stance is for zoning. vs most characters you don't need to block/crouch or jump when you're far away. Plus she has an absorb special to build meter if you try and throw something at her.

If you thought Black Adam's backdash was annoying wait until you deal with Zatana's teleports lol.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Zatanna having way better tools than MB pillar? Um please go ahead and point to me on what Zatanna has that is unavoidable and guaranteed like MB pillar. :confused:

MMH also has a safe sky falling teleport that puts you in the air for a combo.... Do I need to go on?
Ok.

1:43.

I'm really tired of reading your nonsense, and apparently every time I tell you to stfu, I get a shitton of likes, so I can't be alone on this one... Do I need to go on?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
they said she can't jump and her dash is slow, so if you have a teleport you force her to block and it gets rid of here trait, as of right now i see zataana vs lobo 10 - 0 MU maybe even 10- 0's grundy too. at least with flash i can speed dodge, but those projectiles are fast and i think one hits high, and she has a ground version one too, like iceberg or AM trident in trait that launches on hit. yeah she looks top tier material.
No no, when shes in trait she can't jump, MB Swamp hands has one hit of armor and ill gladly trade 7 or 9% for a shit ton of damage. It is her backwards teleport out of a string I am worried about, Flash not lex can punish that.

"Hard to use and master" lolz. That's what people said about Kabal.

Personally I'm not bitching about Martian Manhunter or Zatanna. I like them both a lot. But I just find it really sad that most characters weren't designed like them. Everyone else looks primitive compared to the last 2-3 DLC characters.