What's new

Yungmonster wins Kombat Cup Season 2, Week 7

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Only clicked cause I saw the winner in the title.

Knew petty drama would ensure.

If winner wasn't in title I wouldn't give this a second thought. Thanks Sneaky
Nah man, I didn't do it because I knew it would draw attention and that people would have just assumed sonic, scar or dragon won and wouldn't bother clicking if there was no result in the title.

I clearly did it because I just wanted to be a dick. Obviously.

thank you for being one of the smart ones

Shaka

Tier Whore.
Yeah you're right, I clearly just love being a dick, which is why I give up a lot of my time for users of the site, covering injustice news and MKX events.

I've already explained in the thread why I've put the winner in the title.

You guys can go harass the StreamMe Twitter account, and players and commentators Twitter accounts too for making twitter a spoiler filled environment as well.
on a free forum on top of it lol.

this is a mk forum with a sub forum for inj2 anyway.

Noob
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you think that was me being a dick, I dunno what to tell you. I couldn't care less one way or another. I don't even play this mess of a game. It was simply a suggestion for the OP, considering this very issue has been discussed ad nauseam before
Sorry dude. Wasn't referring to you or anybody in particular. It's just uncool to put the winner in the thread.

It may be the competitive hub, but why alienate people from the site because you don't want to put the winners name in the thread. Its clearly an issue to people who do care about the game and the competitive scene.

If you miss a professional sports game and do not want spoilers, why go on ESPN.com?

Either watch it live or shut up and stop crying on a forum that covers the things you do not want spoiled. Mods do a good job here.
I can't watch it live. As stated I have to download it off YouTube and then make time to see it. Normally over the weekend that follows. I am used to the vids going up on Youtube on Thursdays. So from Thursday morning I do stay off TYM. This one popped up early.

And what difference does it make if its a weekly or not. We watch them for the games. And don't wat a spoiler on it any how.

Besides. I was in the IJ forums. I definitely didn't need spoilers popping up there.

@24K @dribirut Do yall just wait for someone to post winners in titles to post in these threads. I always see yall complaining about it for the most part.

As for me i like it in the title. Saves me the trouble of caring sometimes. Just click and see it and either see SF win and not care or see someone else and click on the thread and see what happens. Also its a weekly kinda so i don't understand the issue.

Just a warning but i will be purring the winner in my weekly articles when Inj2 comes out. So ya. i probably don't do it for the montlies though.
I don't care much for posting in a tournament break down thread. It serves no purpose. But speaking up about the winner being in the title does. Some people are sensible about such things and some aren't. It is unfortunate that we have to see it when we care. It's not something you could even vote on allowing or not allowing, because the people that don't give a shit would always vote negatively. And there is always more Negative Nancy's than decent people. That's just live.

Only clicked cause I saw the winner in the title.

Knew petty drama would ensure.

If winner wasn't in title I wouldn't give this a second thought. Thanks Sneaky
There is nothing petty about it. It's about being considerate to the people who come to the site. I also only clicked on the thread because the winner was in the title. But there is no need to just draw in a ton of people for something they aren't interested in enough to go watch the matches. People who give a dam would read the thread, those who don't wont.

Nah man, I didn't do it because I knew it would draw attention and that people would have just assumed sonic, scar or dragon won and wouldn't bother clicking if there was no result in the title.

I clearly did it because I just wanted to be a dick. Obviously.

thank you for being one of the smart ones
Dude, you totally did it draw attention. And it worked. That was your intention. It just happens to be a dick move.
So own it or don't own it but being sarcastic about being a dick is still very dickish. But that's the way it is isn't it. Make the site a mine a field for those who are interested in the matches and the game play footage and the community, so that the others who don't care can just go about as they please. Ye I am sure you give a lot of your time to the forum and the community. And thanks for that. It's nice to have a place to come to where there are people doing that. I didn't say you love being a dick. I said its dick to put up the winners name in the title. You took it the way you took it.

Is there no sub forum where match results can be posted on so that the ones who want to go see it can go to it. And a way to keep it off the recent feed on the forum homepage. Instead of having it forced on us like we are living under a North Korea dictatorship.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
Sorry dude. Wasn't referring to you or anybody in particular. It's just uncool to put the winner in the thread.

It may be the competitive hub, but why alienate people from the site because you don't want to put the winners name in the thread. Its clearly an issue to people who do care about the game and the competitive scene.

I can't watch it live. As stated I have to download it off YouTube and then make time to see it. Normally over the weekend that follows. I am used to the vids going up on Youtube on Thursdays. So from Thursday morning I do stay off TYM. This one popped up early.

And what difference does it make if its a weekly or not. We watch them for the games. And don't wat a spoiler on it any how.

Besides. I was in the IJ forums. I definitely didn't need spoilers popping up there.

I don't care much for posting in a tournament break down thread. It serves no purpose. But speaking up about the winner being in the title does. Some people are sensible about such things and some aren't. It is unfortunate that we have to see it when we care. It's not something you could even vote on allowing or not allowing, because the people that don't give a shit would always vote negatively. And there is always more Negative Nancy's than decent people. That's just live.

There is nothing petty about it. It's about being considerate to the people who come to the site. I also only clicked on the thread because the winner was in the title. But there is no need to just draw in a ton of people for something they aren't interested in enough to go watch the matches. People who give a dam would read the thread, those who don't wont.

Dude, you totally did it draw attention. And it worked. That was your intention. It just happens to be a dick move.
So own it or don't own it but being sarcastic about being a dick is still very dickish. But that's the way it is isn't it. Make the site a mine a field for those who are interested in the matches and the game play footage and the community, so that the others who don't care can just go about as they please. Ye I am sure you give a lot of your time to the forum and the community. And thanks for that. It's nice to have a place to come to where there are people doing that. I didn't say you love being a dick. I said its dick to put up the winners name in the title. You took it the way you took it.

Is there no sub forum where match results can be posted on so that the ones who want to go see it can go to it. And a way to keep it off the recent feed on the forum homepage. Instead of having it forced on us like we are living under a North Korea dictatorship.
There is a forum where you can watch the matches without 100% spoilers although you will have to deal with some spoilers. its called youtube. A site where you can watch the matches and find out for yourself who won or lost. Even though the name of the vidoes says who wins. And the time of the video. Also horrible comparison. You are not being forced to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to log onto TYM before viewing the videos yourself. Sneaky did not tie you down at your computer and force you to go onto the site and watch the videos. When i actually cared about who won the cup i would wake up and go onto their youtube channel to watch the matches before going onto tym.

Noob
There is a forum where you can watch the matches without 100% spoilers although you will have to deal with some spoilers. its called youtube. A site where you can watch the matches and find out for yourself who won or lost. Even though the name of the vidoes says who wins. And the time of the video. Also horrible comparison. You are not being forced to do anything. Nobody is forcing you to log onto TYM before viewing the videos yourself. Sneaky did not tie you down at your computer and force you to go onto the site and watch the videos. When i actually cared about who won the cup i would wake up and go onto their youtube channel to watch the matches before going onto tym.
I have all ready said I watch the matches off Youtube. And going to where the matches are and getting a spoiler is all on me. Though it is very rare to get a spoiler off YouTube. I search for the tournament I want. And its generally the first thing that pops up. I don't need to go look through the other vids on there. And the first few titles seldom carry the winners name. A good comparison, they get there news and media pushed on them in the way the person doing the pushing wants it. No, you are very smart to notice he hasn't tied me down or forced me to come to the site. But he has made it more difficult to navigate it. And if you don't have a problem with the spoilers then good for you man. But its a bit closed minded of you to think that it's an issue that others may have.

If posting the winner of a tournament in the thread title is alienating to the people of the site, I would please beg that those people leave so the site can continue to do like it has been doing for the past seven or eight years with no issues.
Again, just because you don't mind spoilers doesn't mean everybody will be fine with it. Having spoilers does alienate people. And there is no reason for them to leave. Because not having spoilers doesn't effect the people who don't mind spoilers. So why get some people upset doing it one way, when nobody gets upset if it is done the other way.

It will of course take a mature mind to grasp this. And people who want to be negative will always be negative. It's just the issue with the internet nowadays. No etiquette anymore for the way things are done. But I do suppose you are right. Why should we worry about others and their experience on the site. How stupid am I to think care for the community is even a thing.

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
I have all ready said I watch the matches off Youtube. And going to where the matches are and getting a spoiler is all on me. Though it is very rare to get a spoiler off YouTube. I search for the tournament I want. And its generally the first thing that pops up. I don't need to go look through the other vids on there. And the first few titles seldom carry the winners name. A good comparison, they get there news and media pushed on them in the way the person doing the pushing wants it. No, you are very smart to notice he hasn't tied me down or forced me to come to the site. But he has made it more difficult to navigate it. And if you don't have a problem with the spoilers then good for you man. But its a bit closed minded of you to think that it's an issue that others may have.

Again, just because you don't mind spoilers doesn't mean everybody will be fine with it. Having spoilers does alienate people. And there is no reason for them to leave. Because not having spoilers doesn't effect the people who don't mind spoilers. So why get some people upset doing it one way, when nobody gets upset if it is done the other way.

It will of course take a mature mind to grasp this. And people who want to be negative will always be negative. It's just the issue with the internet nowadays. No etiquette anymore for the way things are done. But I do suppose you are right. Why should we worry about others and their experience on the site. How stupid am I to think care for the community is even a thing.
I'm not closed minded at all about it. But going into threads to have people comment to just complain about the title is terrible discussion. I have had this discussion with you before probably. Like i said before the same people come in and say spoilers ruin their experience not maybe thinking that complaining about the spoilers in the thread ruining the thread experience for people and derails the thread. hell i'm derailing the thread right now talking about this. Also we do the people who don't care about spoilers have to accept people who don't like spoilers. Its just a stupid and pointless argument that leads to the winner being the none spoiler people

Thingy

Retired account
@24K This is a dumb thing to be so upset about. It's simple, learn from this. ;)

Stop expecting the world to revolve around you and very few others. You have the date ahead of time, come here after you have watched the event. Take the necessary steps to get what you want. Calling out a guy who donates their time to posting news for us is more of a dick move than posting a spoiler to such an unimportant online tournament.

Last edited:

Noob
I'm not closed minded at all about it. But going into threads to have people comment to just complain about the title is terrible discussion. I have had this discussion with you before probably. Like i said before the same people come in and say spoilers ruin their experience not maybe thinking that complaining about the spoilers in the thread ruining the thread experience for people and derails the thread. hell i'm derailing the thread right now talking about this. Also we do the people who don't care about spoilers have to accept people who don't like spoilers. Its just a stupid and pointless argument that leads to the winner being the none spoiler people
Nope, we have never discussed this previously. I agree, it is ruining the experience for them. And it wouldn't be an issue if the spoiler wasn't there. And you are correct. The non spoiler way will win because its fair. Spoilers or no spoilers wont effect the people who don't care about them. But it does effect the ones who do care. And now this is going in circles and these discussions often do. If you go out with a mate to grab some fast food. And he wants a burger and you don't care what you get. Will you make him get a pizza. No, you will just go along and get the burger. I am just assuming you would of course because you would rather the both of you are happy with what you get instead of one of you being disappointed. If taking spoilers away affected anybody in a negative way then I would understand people fighting their point that its fine to have spoilers. But its irrelevant to all of them who don't care, except the trolls.

@24K This is a dumb thing to be so upset about. It's simple, learn from this. ;)

Stop expecting the world to revolve around you and very few others. You have the date ahead of time, come here after you have watched the event. Take the necessary steps to get what you want. Calling out a guy who donates their time to posting news for us is more of a dick move than posting a spoiler to such an unimportant online tournament.
I am not upset about this in particular. It has irritated me because I would have liked to enjoy the match with a surprise outcome. But the reason I am upset is more about how frequently it happens. And it is not necessary.
I donate a lot of my time to support and grow the FGC in my country. So I know what it takes to be a part of it. But I also understand passion. And passionate people do care. But I can understand your side of it, you don't care. You get your enjoyment the way you get yours. And others get theirs the way they get theirs. So why infringe negatively on others to do it your way for no other reason than just because. When the other way doesn't infringe negatively on you. Not being a dick at all. He wasn't called out. Simply bringing how ridiculous it is to his attention. And the tournament being important to any body or not is irrelevant. You wouldn't just watch the final match in the NFL season. You would watch all the games with the teams you support because that is the sport you choose to watch. And that is how watching sport is done. They are playing for points to get their places in the finals. If the weekly isn't important then why even bother streaming it. Just let them play in the back ground and stream the grand finals.

Its as simple as saying, should I cut off one of my hands, or none.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
It is pretty sad that the state of this game in its own forums is so fucking buns that mods can only clickbait people into giving half a shit about these events by posting that someone other than Sonic Fox won in the title.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

That post wasn't directed at you. If you look earlier on I am blatantly called a dick by dribirut (or whatever).

I have explained why I did it, and people have reaffirmed my reasoning for doing so as they have said that they wouldn't have entered the thread if the winner's name had not been in the title.

We can't please everyone all of the time, and as I don't believe that there are any religious followers of Kombat Cup anymore (you can go check the activity of the previous weeks' threads), I stand by my decision.

FinalBoss_FGC

Day -4MONTHS Dual Jin main
No doubt. Congrats to the winner. Still doesn't need to be in the title.

Disclaimer Shmishclaimer. Its just unfair to those of us who want to watch the event. It isn't necessary to be in the title is all. Anybody who wants to open the thread and read it will see who won. Those who don't want to know the results yet can still come to the site without having to edge around and try avoid spoilers.

I can only watch the event after it is posted on Youtube and I have had a chance to download it. And then still find some time to watch. Its weird how it is even an issue. Just don't be a dick, be a dude.
LMK when ESPN says "We will cover who won the Super Bowl"...no...they'll say "Patriots are your new Super Bowl champions, highlights next"

You had the choice to watch it, you didn't watch it. So there.

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
Some of us are busy and can't catch everything live.
I wouldn't want spoilers in the title of a TV show when I'm trying to catch the rerun, you know?

Reactions: 24K

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
When I didn't want to get spoiled about FFXV I didn't go to r/FinalFantasy
Yes, I'm sure there were dozens of threads there telling you what happens to Noctis and the gang directly in the title.

Granted there's more to viewership than merely an ending, like there's more to a game than the conclusion of its narrative. As an aspiring player you could watch the Kombat Cups to learn from the best players and see how they use their tools. Maybe you're more concerned with how someone wins as opposed to who.

When I see "Kombat Cup Week 7 Results" I'm alerted to it and I make sure to stay away in spite of all the other ongoing topics on TYM, at least until I've watched it. I have other reasons to be here besides checking threads like these. No reason to spoil it other than for attention which, while successful, is also inconsiderate.

Yes, I'm sure there were dozens of threads there telling you what happens to Noctis and the gang directly in the title.

Granted there's more to viewership than merely an ending, like there's more to a game than the conclusion of its narrative. As an aspiring player you could watch the Kombat Cups to learn from the best players and see how they use their tools. Maybe you're more concerned with how someone wins as opposed to who.

When I see "Kombat Cup Week 7 Results" I'm alerted to it and I make sure to stay away in spite of all the other ongoing topics on TYM, at least until I've watched it. I have other reasons to be here besides checking threads like these. No reason to spoil it other than for attention which, while successful, is also inconsiderate.
The ending is really important in story focused games not knowing the conclusion changes the experience in those games same thing If you don't want to get spoiled avoid the places with possible spoilers

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
The ending is really important in story focused games not knowing the conclusion changes the experience in those games same thing If you don't want to get spoiled avoid the places with possible spoilers
I agree wholeheartedly. You're making my same point. I'm just taking the extra step by saying that spoilers should be avoided if possible. It's a simple fix whose only outcome (as far as I can see) would prevent people from being pissed off on a video game forum. What's the harm?

Surely if you want to discuss Final Fantasy-related inquiries then you should be able to go to Reddit or any other website without someone saying "Hey, save your time, this happens, the end."

Wouldn't you, as someone who only wanted to visit the website to check message or replies or something like that, be a little irritated?

I agree wholeheartedly. You're making my same point. I'm just taking the extra step by saying that spoilers should be avoided if possible. It's a simple fix whose only outcome (as far as I can see) would prevent people from being pissed off on a video game forum. What's the harm?

Surely if you want to discuss Final Fantasy-related inquiries then you should be able to go to Reddit or any other website without someone saying "Hey, save your time, this happens, the end."

Wouldn't you, as someone who only wanted to visit the website to check message or replies or something like that, be a little irritated?
My point is different it seems normal to me to avoid going there If I haven t finished the current game. I'm not going to try to force them to do like I want I'll follow the rules they have set and just avoid the place. The same thing apply with TYM it was decided that spoilers have their place here and that the majority of people want them( See the backlash in the Jynks incident). It's not right to expect a forum to bend other to your taste and ignore what the majority of the members of the forum want.