What's new

Yungmonster wins Kombat Cup Season 2, Week 7

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Another week of Kombat Cup has concluded, and this week's champion is Yungmonster.

The impressive win is very much deserved, beating both Echo Fox players Scar and Sonic Fox to win the tournament.
The top 8 bracket results are below:

@Bleu231 has also provided us with a transcript about how the night played out:
>> (Covert Ops, Smoke) Echo Fox | Scar vs. cK | KingGambler (Brood Mother)

- Technical Issues are occuring.
- Scar wins the first round. Gambler wins the second round. Gambler wins the first match!
- Scar switches to Smoke.
- Due to technical issues on the stream, the matches aren’t being streamed. Scar is up 2-1.
- The stream is now live again.
- Scar wins the first round, on set point. Scar takes the set.

>> (Full Auto) Yungmonster12 vs. Anbu | Titaniumtigerzz (Balanced, Relentless)

- Tigers gets robbed, allowing Yung to win the first round. Yung wins the first match.
- Yung wins the first round. Tigers clutches out the second round! Yung wins the second match.
- Tigers switches to Relentless Jason.
- Tigers wins the first round with a D2. Tigers wins the third match.
- Yung wins the first round, on set point. Tigers takes the second round. Yung wins the set with a godlike conversion.

>> (Nimble, Sorcerer, Sun God) Noble | ILuusions vs. Echo Fox | SonicFox (Dragon Naginata, Gunslinger)

- Sonic takes the first round. Sonic wins the first match.
- ILuusions switches to Sorcerer Quan Chi.
- ILuusions wins the first round. ILuusions wins the second match quite convincingly!
- Sonic switches to Gunslinger Erron Black.
- ILuusions wins the first round with a chip out. Sonic clutches out the second round. Sonic wins the third match.
-ILuusions switches to Sun God.
- Sonic wins the first round. Sonic takes the second round, winning the set.

>> (Displacer) HARA | Rewind vs. Echo Fox | SonicFox (Hollywood)

- Sonic wins the first round. Rewind wins the second round with Raiden’s big leg. Sonic takes the first match.
- Sonic takes the first round. Rewind regains his composure and mixes Sonic to win the second round. Rewind takes the second match with a B2 mix!
- Sonic wins the first round yet again. Sonic wins the third match with a whiff grab set-up.
- Rewind wins the first round. Sonic wins the second round. Rewind clutches the fourth match with an EX Vicinity Blast! Score is 2-2.
- Sonic wins the first round, on match point. Sonic wins the set with an EX Glow Kick.

>> (Smoke, Hat Trick) Echo Fox | Scar vs. Yungmonster12 (Full Auto)

- Yung obliterates Scar in the corner. Yung wins the first match with a side-switch backwards throw.
- Scar wins the first round. Yung takes the second round. Scar takes the second match with a Trident AA.
- Yung wins the first round. Yung takes the third match!
- Scar switches to Hat Trick Kung Lao.
- Yung wins the first round, on set point. Yung steals the match from Scar when he had something going, taking the set.

>> (Full Auto) Yungmonster12 vs. Echo Fox | SonicFox (Hollywood)

- Yung wins the first round quite strong. Sonic wins the second round, however. Sonic takes the first match.
- Sonic takes the first round. Yung wins the second round. Yung takes the second match.
- Yung wins the first round. Sonic wins the second round. Yung takes the third match with a Brutality!
- Sonic takes the first round with an IA JIP Anti-Air. Sonic takes the fourth match! Score is 2-2!
- Sonic wins the first round, on Tournament Point. Yung clutches out the second round! Yungmonster denies Sonic a comeback, taking the set and tournament.

1. Yungmonster12
2. Echo Fox | Sonic Fox
3. Echo Fox | Scar
3. HARA | Rewind
5. Noble | ILuusions
5. Anbu | Titaniumtigerzz
7. cK | KingGambler
7. cE | OD FullAuto (DQ)

Also, head over to their YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/streammevids for all their Kombat Cup and Konquest matches on demand.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby
The Winner's name is in the title as these are weekly events and the winners deserve to get recognition publicised
Lol. Maybe you should just add this as a disclaimer to the end of these weekly posts. A comment about the winners name being in the thread title still manages to be one of the first 10 posts every week...

Noob
The breakdown is in a spoiler box to avoid a big wall of text.

The Winner's name is in the title as these are weekly events and the winners deserve to get recognition publicised
No doubt. Congrats to the winner. Still doesn't need to be in the title.

Lol. Maybe you should just add this as a disclaimer to the end of these weekly posts. A comment about the winners name being in the thread title still manages to be one of the first 10 posts every week...
Disclaimer Shmishclaimer. Its just unfair to those of us who want to watch the event. It isn't necessary to be in the title is all. Anybody who wants to open the thread and read it will see who won. Those who don't want to know the results yet can still come to the site without having to edge around and try avoid spoilers.

I can only watch the event after it is posted on Youtube and I have had a chance to download it. And then still find some time to watch. Its weird how it is even an issue. Just don't be a dick, be a dude.

Shaka

Tier Whore.
First Dragon now YungMonstah, Nice!

it has started to get interesting, more and more players getting to Fox level. more competitive and fun to watch.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

Disclaimer Shmishclaimer. Its just unfair to those of us who want to watch the event. It isn't necessary to be in the title is all. Anybody who wants to open the thread and read it will see who won. Those who don't want to know the results yet can still come to the site without having to edge around and try avoid spoilers.

I can only watch the event after it is posted on Youtube and I have had a chance to download it. And then still find some time to watch. Its weird how it is even an issue. Just don't be a dick, be a dude.
Since I2 news has picked up, interest in MKX and particularly Kombat Cup has dropped dramatically.

The fact that it was the same people winning each week also played a part.

When something unexpected like this happens, it makes sense to broadcast it as much as possible to draw in more attention.

Madog32

PSN: ImaGiveItToUBaby

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you think that was me being a dick, I dunno what to tell you. I couldn't care less one way or another. I don't even play this mess of a game. It was simply a suggestion for the OP, considering this very issue has been discussed ad nauseam before

podizzler3000

http://streamable.com/ti5z
i just dont go to this site until im done watching. it sucks imo. congrats to yungmonster most impressive play out of him yet ive seen! titaniumtigerz also brought the hype jason so honorable mention there. i would say sonic played great but thats a given

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Love how mods are going out of their ways to be dicks.. It's really not that hard to make a simple change and not put the winner in the title

"But broooo it's a kompetitive mk website!!" I don't give a fuck. Some of us come here for injustice news as well. Literally doesn't affect you guys in any way by making this small change

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
Love how mods are going out of their ways to be dicks.. It's really not that hard to make a simple change and not put the winner in the title

"But broooo it's a kompetitive mk website!!" I don't give a fuck. Some of us come here for injustice news as well. Literally doesn't affect you guys in any way by making this small change
Yeah you're right, I clearly just love being a dick, which is why I give up a lot of my time for users of the site, covering injustice news and MKX events.

I've already explained in the thread why I've put the winner in the title.

You guys can go harass the StreamMe Twitter account, and players and commentators Twitter accounts too for making twitter a spoiler filled environment as well.

When the Jynks bill appeared TYM united and opposed the idea of not putting the winner in the title of a thread TYM voted come again when you're not in the small minority

Indecisive

We'll burn you all—that is your fate!
@24K @dribirut Do yall just wait for someone to post winners in titles to post in these threads. I always see yall complaining about it for the most part.

As for me i like it in the title. Saves me the trouble of caring sometimes. Just click and see it and either see SF win and not care or see someone else and click on the thread and see what happens. Also its a weekly kinda so i don't understand the issue.

Just a warning but i will be purring the winner in my weekly articles when Inj2 comes out. So ya. i probably don't do it for the montlies though.