What's new

Youtube Doesn't Care About Mortal Kombat!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Every time I read your posts I see you write question mark and just stop reading.
Apparently, I'm not even gonna dive into all the stupid shit YOU post that caused me to stop reading. But I just do me and keep it pushing. I suggest you do the same. It will make you a happier person ;)

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
The tag "Mortal Kombat" and various other tags surrounding it are not enough to get a video demonetized. I test this out in many of my videos (I am Rooflemonger on YT) and sneak in various tags at times to see what works and what does and have for the last 6 months or so.

That said your invisible YT standing also plays a huge part into this. You don't get to know what your YT standing is at all either so that's fun. Used to be during around the marvel vs capcom infinite launch, i'd have every third or fourth video demonetized. After I very literally complained 50+ times via email and YT direct line, I haven't had a single video demonetized for my last 100 or so videos, so I now know I am in the higher tier of "YT friendliness" where the demonetization algorithm cuts me more slack than the usual YT channel.
YOU are Rooflemonger !?QUESTION MARK?! Sir, I'd like virtually shake your hand! Your content on DBFZ is superb and I've learned alot of mechanics I had no idea about in the game. You're one of a great content creators and I appreciate your work. Very RIghteous! ;)

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I'm confused. I mean, they've been demonetizing MKX vids for over a year already, at least mine. Why is this just now coming up?
Because everyone expects MK11 to be announced soon and youtube personalities are option selecting the "waaah i don't see enough fatalities on your channel" comments they're about to get. It's all just gonna be on twitch now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Because everyone expects MK11 to be announced soon and youtube personalities are option selecting the "waaah i don't see enough fatalities on your channel" comments they're about to get. It's all just gonna be on twitch now.
Besides the demonetizing, won't that content just get flagged and removed ???

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
YOU are Rooflemonger !?QUESTION MARK?! Sir, I'd like virtually shake your hand! Your content on DBFZ is superb and I've learned alot of mechanics I had no idea about in the game. You're one of a great content creators and I appreciate your work. Very RIghteous! ;)
Well thanks friend.

But just because I gone legit doesn't mean around when MK11 launches I ain't gonna troll the hell out of TYM. Rooflemonger is the nice guy now, Evil Canadian is still the shitposter.

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
I don't get it. So it is a copyright thing? Isn't streaming a game creating your own content? How's that gonna work? And what about tournament videos?
After the thing with Logan Paul (or PewDiePie) Youtube changed its policy in regards to monetizing "explicit content". So a lot of things just get auto-flagged for demonetization now (incidentally, not the content from assholes like them) and it's a bit of time to get things sorted out. The copyright thing is a bit different, that's a company having a bot automatically flag anything possibly related to the company regardless of ads. You can make the argument, but Youtube isn't going to side with Joe Schmoe and nobody has the resources to take things to court.

I'm confused. I mean, they've been demonetizing MKX vids for over a year already, at least mine. Why is this just now coming up?
People aren't putting out MKX content on the regular now like you will see for MK11 when that game drops.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Its basically impossible to get content removed on YT short of showing actual crimes. 99% of a time a content flag just means your ad money is gone.
AH....i see now. Well in that case, I don't care much about the money aspect. Lil ol' me dont have 1000s of followers so I guess i can create some content when I can. But this still shits on veteran content creators who release quality content that the FGC really need. ESPECIALLY to keep interest in the NRS franchise.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
AH....i see now. Well in that case, I don't care much about the money aspect. Lil ol' me dont have 1000s of followers so I guess i can create some content when I can. But this still shits on veteran content creators who release quality content that the FGC really need. ESPECIALLY to keep interest in the NRS franchise.
My plan is just cut out fatalities/other -alities and keep tagging appropriate. My channel isn't the kind of "TOP 10 MOST BRUTAL FATALITIES" kind of channel so for the most part I feel very confident I don't got much to worry about.

Other channels who are more "entertainment" focused though and want to show off all the usual silly MK violent shit though, ehhhh they might be run through the wringer.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
This is so fucking stupid! As a YouTube content creator myself, who focuses on NRS games 99% of the time and mainly about MKX (in fact MKX was the only game I've covered on my first year on YT, and FYI in just one week I will celebrate 2 full years on YT) I'm super pissed off at it. Yes my channel is still super small, and I don't get paid from making vids on YT, even though I've considered it in the past but even back then the whole guidelines was already very unfriendly to content creators and I wasn't sure I should go for it, but regardless, even though I made my channel in order to support the NRS and the community, whatever is it through online matches, single player vids, combo/tech vids or just fun stuff, and show what I can offer the community, I'm feeling very deterred for making any more content on my channel, not just for MKX or MK11, but ANY type of content, because why would I put time intro making vids (and FYI, even though my vid making process is very basic it still takes a good amount of my time in some cases) for a website that only hurts people for making vids for the one pop culture franchise I love the most (except WWE of course)?

I'm now glad that I've never started to work for YT, because even though it could've been fun for a while (and even that while would've take some time to get to, as you would need to work so damn hard to get to the position of making profit from your channel), it would only come back at me and hit me in the face like a fucking boomerang covered in corporate monkey shit.

I don't know what to do now, I assume I can put videos on Facebook instead, as Facebook aren't live in fear for money and desperate for money like YT, and I do visit Facebook very often, in fact that's where I met a lot of my friends in regards to Fighting Games in an Israeli Fighting Game group known as the Dojo (that's the name of the group), so maybe I should now make a new Facebook page just for my content and start putting my content there instead, so I will be about to still support MK, NRS and the community without giving my time for making content to YT. UnCagedGamez, a YouTuber I've been subscribed to for a long time, also started to do a ton of streams on FB because of the whole monetizing thing, I guess I need to start to do the shift myself.

I will keep my YT channel open, but I still need to figure out what I should do regarding uploading content from now on.

I know that big channels like Maximilian's aren't gonna be affected by this because Max is too big of a YouTuber in order to be able to deal with this issue, and I do know that NRS and WB's official MK vids like character trailers and such are not gonna get harmed, but I do hope that NRS and/or WB will do something about this and convince YouTube to change their guidelines.

Last edited:

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Youtube is also demonetizing coming out stories, hormone treatment therapy videos, and any videos with the word "gay" in the title. That website is fucked.
Yeah, i heard about that shit almost a year ago but instead of demonetizing, those vids were taken down. This new bullshit regulation Youtube is doing has an agenda and its very apparent.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Youtube has to do what it has to do to keep advertisers from fleeing the platform which is what started all this to begin with because before anyone and everything got ads.

Gay hormone fatality videos are the collateral damage.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Youtube has to do what it has to do to keep advertisers from fleeing the platform which is what started all this to begin with because before anyone and everything got ads.

I like how to put all those topics in one cluster fuck title.

Now i wanna see Gay Hormone Fatality videos. Thx :p:DOGE

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Youtube is also demonetizing coming out stories, hormone treatment therapy videos, and any videos with the word "gay" in the title. That website is fucked.
Yeah, i heard about that shit almost a year ago but instead of demonetizing, those vids were taken down. This new bullshit regulation Youtube is doing has an agenda and its very apparent.
Seriously? Is that how far this shit has come? This is essentially a discrimination against Gay people, and why? Because advertises MIGHT afraid of some people that are MIGHT still be under anti-LGBT stigma won't watch vids with their ads? This is down right criminal.

I understand that YT need money to keep the servers and all but this has just gone way too far. It can't that they are that desperate for money, and if it is the case, I think some regulations need to be done. And what's worse is that YT has way too much power ATM, there is no website that can even bring the thought of a true competitor to YT except maybe Dailymotion and even them are not that close. I guess that only proves that sometimes too much power in a certain is not a good thing.

Last edited:

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
IIRC, Youtube pulls in $4 billion a year, but that's just enough to keep stuff running. They need to figure out a better way to handle things, but what they've done has moreso impacted people just wanted to contribute instead of the problem characters, like Logan Paul, like Alex Jones, like all that other garbage that makes the news every week

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't know what to do now, I assume I can put videos on Facebook instead, as Facebook aren't live in fear for money and desperate for money like YT, and I do visit Facebook very often, in fact that's where I met a lot of my friends in regards to Fighting Games in an Israeli Fighting Game group known as the Dojo (that's the name of the group), so maybe I should now make a new Facebook page just for my content and start putting my content there instead, so I will be about to still support MK, NRS and the community without giving my time for making content to YT. UnCagedGamez, a YouTuber I've been subscribed to for a long time, also started to do a ton of streams on FB because of the whole monetizing thing, I guess I need to start to do the shift myself.

sigh