What's new

"You're Fired!" -- Joker General Discussion Thread

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
Ugh... I don't know what it is these last few weeks but I seem completely incapable of playing in tournament.
Practice for weeks, get my timings consistent and hit everything in friendlies before and after the event, but these last two tournaments the moment it starts I forget how to play. Thursday it got to the point where I did a B3 and completely forgot what to do and just watched him drop.

I've always had tournament jitters issues; I've been dealing with it for years and have been progressively getting better about it but these last 2 weeks were some of the worst I've ever had it.
Ugh... sorry for venting, but yeah, basically you won't see much in terms of gameplay from me until I can get my act together and play in tournament like I do in friendlies.
Yeah man, jitters suck. I'm kinda just starting to get over them, but I generally have to revert to less effective combos in tournaments because I drop the new stuff alot more. Not sure if it's a lag thing at some tournaments where it's just different from what I'm used to or if it's just me, but either way it's annoying. There's no way around it- we're at a disadvantage playing as Joker, but the more comfortable we can get, the better chance we have. I think it's important with him to mixup strategies alot. That's when I find I have the most success. Just don't let them get used to something, keep switching it up. Maybe go for the full 48% combo one time, then switch to going for a teeth setup, stuff like that.
I'm going to a tournament today so if I get on stream I'll let you guys know. Hopefully I don't suck again, but at least it'll be something to critique... haha.

StevoSuprem0

Crowbar on wake-up sucks. Anyone notice it has less invincibility that Flower? LAME. More frustration!
Yeah, even post-patch crowbar isn't gonna be the go-to wakeup unless they aren't pressuring you very much. More for spacing people out, mobility, and sweep mixups. And potentially setups if the MB version is capable of that now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
A nice little setup I'm gonna use from now on.

if you dont have meter and you hit with a 32 cancel it into far teeth, an instant forward jumping 3 will beat all jump attempts and will combo into teeth

its something to use to catch people off guard, im gonna come up with more setups like this

edit: 32 teeth on hit is completely safe vs everything in the game. that either means teeth are 17-22 frames startup and recovery or 32 stuns them for much longer than 17f.

j2 standing 2 teeth ( +18 on hit ) into d1 trades with flying uppercut

edit2: forgot about cancel advantage, teeth are at least 40 frames as you get hit by flying uppercut when you do them from a +20 sweep

StevoSuprem0

You're talking about on hit with the 32 xx far teeth, right?

Also, just got home from the tournament and had 2 matches on stream. Went 2-3 overall at the tournament. Beat a Hawkgirl and an Aquaman, lost to a Black Adam, Batman, and Green Arrow.
Lost 3-2 to the Batman player and got 3-0'd by Rico Sauve on stream. I'll post a link with time stamps when they upload it.
Haven't gotten a whole lot of play time in lately. Still dropping that new BnB that ends with the super hard knockdown from 213. Also need to remember to block confirm 32 into flower instead of going for RLG because it's too slow. Made alot of mistakes overall, need to level up more :confused:. For some reason I kept trying to poke out of BA's stuff, which doesn't work... bad habit I gotta break.
Gonna start playing online again and making it out to the break now that I have more time on my hands. Also getting a capture card to record matches and post stuff that might be informative.
Anyways, more to come out of me soon! Looking forward to breaking things down post-patch.

Should I get Injustice, it will probably on the rumored PC version, so I will not be joining you, alas.

EDIT: After watching that match, really solid play there. There were some mistakes from both you and your opponent, but after you get over your jitters, I can see you doing very well tournament-wise.

StevoSuprem0

Should I get Injustice, it will probably on the rumored PC version, so I will not be joining you, alas.

EDIT: After watching that match, really solid play there. There were some mistakes from both you and your opponent, but after you get over your jitters, I can see you doing very well tournament-wise.
Yeah watching that frustrates me. So many times that he jumps for the interactable and I try to jump forward and catch him, but instead just neutral jump or something lol. Otherwise, mostly patience and hit confirming that I need to work on.

lorenzo

Noob
Joker strength have been amplified a lot. Basically once he gets in you are going to have to take risk to get him out. So it makes sense that now you have to keep him out.

laudanum09

Darling
midscreen OTG's huh? crazy didn't even think to try it. dash up and OTG with the same stuff he has in the corner i.e. 3, d2, sweep, b1 ?

for sure though, in the corner after MB Crowbar, you have a tight window to throw out teeth and still OTG with b1, 3 and end with another mb crowbar. after a raw crowbar, teeth, OTG b1, 3 (launch), 21 crowbar, you build back about 60% of the meter you burned on the initial mb crowbar. if you have 2 bars, you should be able to do this at least 3 times in a row, the third bar being built by the first two 'unblockable' and non-wakeupable OTG setups.

pretty good.

also its much easier to parry Lantern's b1,3 (his faster, non overhead combo starter). I'd imagine there are other strings that are easier to parry as well.

I'm assuming it's known that 323 into MB RLG or Crowbar is uninterruptible on block. Gives us a ghetto high/low that is safe on block.

laudanum09

Darling
Really? If that's the case, that is a legitimate 50/50.
Put Lex on All Block, reversal Corp Charge, did 323 and cancelled that first hit of the last 3 into RLG and same with crowbar and they both hit, i.e. interrupted his Corp Charge. 32 into MB RLG or crowbar got interrupted everytime. 21 into RLG traded.

Also, depending on the spacing and timing, d2 also beats corp charge flat out after a blocked acid blossom.

I think the best thing he got was the ability to throw out teeth and OTG in the corner. the whole 213 high hard knockdown gives you actually more time I think to set something up than MB Crowbar, but the MB Crowbar gives you that OTG, removing wakeups from the equation. I suppose MB F3 might amount to the same, but there's stuff like Deathstroke's sword flip that will nullify that (I think) so that anti-super, anti-wakeup OTG is pretty boss. Not sure how hard to block b1, 3 + teeth however, but the fact that we build enough meter to do it three times in a row if we start off with 2 meters is pretty damn nice and the damage should build up to take a lifebar.