What's new

Question Your very first action in the round?

REYTHEGREAT

I like to do something's and here's why.
1. NJP because a lot noobs like to jump towards me and they end up caught with a NJP

2. Jump back to avoid any incoming attacks.

3. Walk back. I noticed this when I'm facing a good player. They seem to do the same. Then we just gotta read each others next move. Is like chess.

4. D4. This is good to catch people who like to dash forward at the beginning.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
While it's risky, i like starting with a fireball with JC, not in all match ups, of course, but it will hit NJPs, jumps in, jumps out and things like sub-zero's clone. Plus most people don't expect it. I don't do it against everyone or in every match up, and i try to mix it up a little with other things, but it hits far more than i think it should :p

whith Sindel hairgrab is a good option too, against some charachters. I use it a lot against Kabal, I end up trading but it gives me the first hit bonus.

Back walk/dash.

Offensive options are character dependent. For example:
Ermac - TKP​
Mileena - D4​
I don't recommend starting off with an EX move. Your taking a huge gamble in terms of risk/reward. If you get the first hit bonus, the meter is even. Yet, if he gets the first hit bonus you have no meter, and he has 2 bars. That can screw you in a lot of MUs.

Lazoruz

Closer to the coffin, but still kicking..!
Something that I haven't seen any guide address or talk about is your very first action during a round after the announcer yells FIGHT!

What do you guys do? Jump in? Jump away? something else?
If your talking about MK9, then it would all depend on the character I suppose. I've seen a lot of people who play Sonya EX Cartwheel right out of the gate, just to start the pressure mix-up. Where as I see Kabal players jump back and start their bull-shit gas-blast zoning game, so it really all depends on the character.