What's new

Your top 5 Green Lanterns that should make their fighting game debuts.

AugustAPC

Not For Sale
I'm not talking about skins. I'm talking full blown characters with all the fixins!

There are literally hundreds of great Green Lanterns. But which 5 do you think would constitute the most unqiue move-sets and fun gameplay? Hal doesn't count since he's had his debut, but Jon Stewart can make your list as he hasn't made a full debut, yet.

1. Laira
Come on. A sexy, ruthless kunochi-lantern who could masterfully use any ninja weapon construct? Fuck yea. Plus, Red Lantern alternate.

2. Kilowog
Obvious choice. Bulky, powerhouse character with constructs and a snarky, drill sergeant attitude. Awesome.

3. Sodam Yat (as Ion)
Powers equal to that of a Kryptonian AND embodying Ion? This could make Superman shit his pants. I could see some really crazy dual-laser gameplay coming from him.

4. R'amey Holl
Okay, this chick isn't very well known, but she's awesome. She didn't make many appearances, but essentially this sexy butterfly chick that is one of two members of a extremely classified Green Lantern group called "The Corpse". She was almost killed in duty, but was saved by the radiation of a meteor that caused hyper-evolution. This gave her a luminescent appearance and a fuck ton of sick powers including: self-sustenance, regeneration that could give Wolverine a run for his money, the ability to heal others, the ability to bring people back to life, telepathy and teleportation. Basically, she had the potential to be one of DC's top tier characters if she didn't get so little exposure.
P.S: Just to give you an idea of the power of her regenerative abilities, her stomach was ripped out and she survived.

5. Soranik Natu
Sinestro's daughter and Abin Sur's niece. She's the Corps' number one doctor, so I can see her move-set including a lot of crazy medical instruments and shit. Plus, she's hot.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
All I've ever heard of in there is Kilowog.

Expect Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Baz, and Ch'p to make some appearances in this thread.

RM Truth

Unintentional Tier Whore Follow me @TruthRM
I prefer Hal Jordan over John Stewart. My body is ready for nerd rage that will follow this post.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
1. Kyle Rayner - being the artist he is he ould have much more creative constructs than Hal, also he has mastered every color of the spectrum so he could have red/blue/yellow etc skins

2.Kilowog - obvious

3. Natu - the doctor themed constructs could be really cool and sinestro clash quotes

4. Simon Baz - would still have his pistol and would have a car construct among lots of others

5. Salaak - because this just looks so cool

GuamoKun

I Break Hearts, Not Combos
Good Lord, Saint Walker. Just for accuracy, what GL would you have in the background while he fights, GuamoKun?
see the thing is, saint walker doesnt even have an attack button so he doesnt even need a GL to power him up for stuff. all his moveset revolve around parries and stuff. but if anything I imagine Rayner would be a good one because he was a blue lantern once also I guess.

Lord Hollow

The Sage Of Michigan.
see the thing is, saint walker doesnt even have an attack button so he doesnt even need a GL to power him up for stuff. all his moveset revolve around parries and stuff. but if anything I imagine Rayner would be a good one because he was a blue lantern once also I guess.
Well, with a green ring present, he can use constructs and what not. Without, he can only generate the personal shield, flight and universal translator, if I recall. He would probably have some pretty good clash quotes with his bbf Arkillo, also.

KamenRyder

The loved
Kyle Rayner because I've been thinking of a really anime-esque trait for him. It involves pressing trait after landing certain combo strings, when done he gains mastery over one random emotion of the spectrum. Every emotion gained augments his moveset in some way and some might hinder him, but that's still up in the air. Every emotion mastered gains him a charge and once he's at 7 charges he becomes White Lantern Kyle Rayner and everything he does is radically godlike and his meterburns become ridiculous.

Before he gains his 7 charges his attacks are super weak and unsafe. I'm kinda basing his design on Zappa from Guilty Gear in case anyone hasn't noticed. I think the resemblance is perfect and honestly I think Rayner was robbed of some serious spotlight after he mastered all 7 emotions during "Rise of the Third Army" and "Wrath of the First Lantern."

Last edited:

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends

KamenRyder

The loved
Kilowog was very sympathetic and loyal in justice league, we didn't really get much of a chance to see his awesome drill sergeant side. Kilowog is well liked because of his longevity in the corps and relationship with the 4 Earth lanterns. He's had some cool moments here and there, but honestly I think there are much cooler GLs in the mythos.

KamenRyder

The loved
Clark is a goody two shoes, Bruce is broody, and Hal is a rash hothead. What makes Hal's personality boring compared to the others? I never understood this argument, there are so many personality archetypes I don't know how anyone can just zero in on one character and call him or her boring.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
I am biased here so Kyle Rayner is the most important choice I have. Honestly and it would surprise me if a lot of people didn't know, but Kyle was actually in the injustice comic so it surprises me that he didn't make an appearance in the game as an alt skin, yet john Stewart did. Unfortunately he was killed by Sinestro. That and its injustice year two that he makes this one time appearance and I think the game only deals with year one.
http://www.rhymeswithgeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Kyle-Injustice.jpg
http://www.heroes-foraday.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Injustice-Year-Two-2014-002-021.jpg