What's new

Your top 5 Green Lanterns that should make their fighting game debuts.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Do you even read Lantern comics?

Did you even know Guy Garner was also chosen to be the Green Lantern when Abin Sur crashed his ship on earth. Hal only got the ring because he was closer. Hal being a Lantern was just a mistake.

Hal Jordan is like the best lantern....pls gtfo sir

Do you just assume Hal is the best because he had his own movie, is the GL of Injustice and has been featured more? I'm guessing you believe Justin Bieber is the best singer in the world too.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
Hal Jordan is arguably one of the worst personalities of all time in being a hero.

He's an asshole to his fellow human Lanterns. Hal doesn't get along with his fellow Lanterns. He took away Guy Gardner's ring and tried to take away John Stewart's. Hal also can not be counted on. Also, Hal in the past has inadvertently trapped Guy into the Phantom Zone and thought he was dead but before his body would have even been cold he makes a MOVE on Guy's FIANCE Kari Limbo within a few days.

Who has quit the Green Lantern corps more than Hal Jordan?

another thing, do you guys remember when Hal Jordan hit on an underaged Supergirl and young teenager Arisia? Hal himself said that he still thought of her as a child and then a very short time later had his relationship with the YOUNG girl. Come on son.

This pedo is suppose to be the space police?

Hal has gone to prison for drunk driving...but he's suppose to police the galaxy. Makes sense.

This guy has watched his entire city get wiped off (Coast City) and later on went to be a Super villain alias as Parallax and went on to kill most of the GL corps.

Hal is so bad that

can't even get along with blacks.

Give me Guy, Kyle and my man Jon any day over Hal.

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
aaaaand before anyone gets me wrong, I dislike Hal not for his faults but his general blandness. It's something that is hard to explain. It seems like, by description, Hal would be a really exciting character: A maverick test pilot and the most fearless and determined hero in the DCU. But when I'm actually reading issues with him, he just feels bland and cardboard. I don't think it's as bad as it used to be. I think the important distinction is between Hal Jordan as a character and as a person. He's a very powerful and good, but flawed, person. He's also a lackluster and repetitive character. Hence why I never got into Aquaman(cool powers, but personality is dried old oatmeal)

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Do you even read Lantern comics?

Did you even know Guy Garner was also chosen to be the Green Lantern when Abin Sur crashed his ship on earth. Hal only got the ring because he was closer. Hal being a Lantern was just a mistake.

Do you just assume Hal is the best because he had his own movie, is the GL of Injustice and has been featured more? I'm guessing you believe Justin Bieber is the best singer in the world too.
I am pretty sure he's the leader of the core or was at one point...for gods sake, hes the strongest lantern...so again, gtfo kid

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I am pretty sure he's the leader of the core or was at one point...for gods sake, hes the strongest lantern...so again, gtfo kid

Dude, you're 20....I'm turning 26, can we stop this please? It just doesn't make sense for you. Don't think I'm the dude in the avatar lol.

All I gotta say to you is:

^ Betcha 20 bucks you can't name that movie without google. lol

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
Dude, you're 20....I'm turning 26, can we stop this please? It just doesn't make sense for you. Don't think I'm the dude in the avatar lol.

All I gotta say to you is:

^ Betcha 20 bucks you can't name that movie without google. lol
Unbreakable 2000...sorry I couldn't resist. But I do agree with you. His is the MOST boring of the green lanterns. He character design would for all purpose make him seems like a boss, the idea behind him is very..."Edgy" but Hal himself fails to deliver. Oh and Frozen your wrong, Kyle Rayner is the strongest lantern being able to harness all the lantern spectrums and again as he also becomes ION twice. The only time Hal can come close to Kyle's power is when he become Pharalax for the first time, and even then a very commanding argument for him being weaker than Kyle when he becomes ION can be made, since Kyle as ION was omni present, omni potent, and could blatantly alter reality.

FrozenG3oX

<3 gimmicks
Unbreakable 2000...sorry I couldn't resist. But I do agree with you. His is the MOST boring of the green lanterns. He character design would for all purpose make him seems like a boss, the idea behind him is very..."Edgy" but Hal himself fails to deliver. Oh and Frozen your wrong, Kyle Rayner is the strongest lantern being able to harness all the lantern spectrums and again as he also becomes ION twice. The only time Hal can come close to Kyle's power is when he become Pharalax for the first time, and even then a very commanding argument for him being weaker than Kyle when he becomes ION can be made, since Kyle as ION was omni present, omni potent, and could blatantly alter reality.
ISN'T KYLE FUCKIN DEAD ?!

TheBoyBlunder

They love my Grayson
I think if Kyle was in Injustice instead of Hal, Green Lantern would have a more interesting move set; would be more pleasing to play. Iono if theres a GL out there that can match Kyle's creativity and power.

Endeavor

I'll live a villain, before I die a hero.
No Kyle is not dead, in fact hes only dead within the Injustice story. As for the main stream story he is very much alive and well and has his own comic book series and is currently the only white lantern. Besides its all matter or opinion. Its not overwhelming character bias but the only time Hal Jordan has personally caught my interest as a character is in JL War, and GL first fight both were very good movies and GL was one of my favorite characters in JL war. Other than that most if his media appearances have been less than gripping and while Kyle has but one real media appearance that alone was enough to pique my interest in him as a character. But over all Hal is one of the more boring lanterns, and yes that is also an opinion but also a slightly a fact as the whole reason Kyle was created was to revive the dying comic that was GL in 1994, and he was very well received I might add successfully bringing the series back to life and becoming one of the core members of the JLA.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
self-sustenance, regeneration that could give Wolverine a run for his money, the ability to heal others, the ability to bring people back to life, telepathy and teleportation. Basically, she had the potential to be one of DC's top tier characters if she didn't get so little exposure.
P.S: Just to give you an idea of the power of her regenerative abilities, her stomach was ripped out and she survived.
Just to be that nerd, no those are pretty low-tier abilities. Her stomach got ripped out and she survived? Thats not great when you have people like The Juggernaut surviving as a literal flaming skeleton. Juggernaut isn't even high up on the list of regeneration, either.

KamenRyder

The loved
Just to be that nerd, no those are pretty low-tier abilities. Her stomach got ripped out and she survived? Thats not great when you have people like The Juggernaut surviving as a literal flaming skeleton. Juggernaut isn't even high up on the list of regeneration, either.
R'amey gained the ability to summon black fucking holes wherever and whenever she pleased. She placed two black holes on both sides of a villain and used their pulls to rip a psychic monstrosity in half.

gdf

Noob
Katma Tui, which if I'm not mistaken hasn't been mentioned, but was in Justice League.

To be honest, I prefer to keep Hal Jordan. But since we had re-skins in the story, I don't see why not keep his character design at the very least.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
R'amey gained the ability to summon black fucking holes wherever and whenever she pleased. She placed two black holes on both sides of a villain and used their pulls to rip a psychic monstrosity in half.
Still not top-tier when the mid-tier of DC are all packing about a footstep faster than light itself making the black holes irrelevant.

Peter Quill

You’re No Fun
Most important is Guy Gardner. Granted Laira and Natu and Arisia would be hot as hell to play as but I'm sticking with the five earth lanterns.
1) Guy
2) Kyle
3) Simon
4)Alan(Earth 2 or Kingdom Come costume)
5) Jessica Cruz(hasn't appeared yet in the comics even, she'll be the new power ring)

Oh and as for this...
Anyone but Hal Jordan, oatmeal personality like Arthur Curry. The sooner DC moves on from these bores the more amazing DC will become.
What you be saying bout Arthur and Hal? Just...no