What's new

Your Top 5 Favorite Video Games of all time?

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Props to you for recognizing that BioShock 2 sucked compared to the first and Infinite.
You're halfway there!
Now you just have to recognize that Infinite also sucks in comparison to Bioshock one.
Seriously.
Excluding Burial at Sea episode two.
If you have thirty-six minutes for your contentment to be crushed, go ahead and watch this intelligent video.
To stay on topic: This gem just concluded. I figured I should add some newer games here.

These characters, mayne. This world, mayne. Ethereal. Sublime. Lost, but not wanting to be found. Adjectives. Yes.
Gotta throw in some nostalgia factor with Super Smash Bros Melee, first console game, age four. That Gamecube controller rules, and my experiences on that game and on the Smash 64 a few months prior at a friends house probably game me my fighting game love.
Anyone want to cry together? It feels great.

Damn, dude. Videogames rule.
We got Mass Effect worlds, connected platforming creation fun with LittleBigPlanet, musical platforming in Rayman Legends, exploration of the human condition in Journey, pure charm in The Unfinished Swan... There are far too many to even try to continue mentioning.

Last edited:

K7L33THA

Grapple > Footsies
1. MK9
2. Unreal Tournament
3. Quake 3 Arena
4. WWF No Mercy
5. Shenmue

Notable mentions:

Contra
MK1-4 Arcade
Halo 2
Forsaken
Super Mario Bros 3

CptXecution

Brain Dead Bro
Legend of the Dragoon
Ocarina of Time
Final Fantasy 7
Red Dead Redemption
Mass Effect Trilogy
Halo 1 & 2

...couldn't pick 5 :(

I see the thread is now top 5. Well, here's my complete list:
(To be clear, none of these are based on nostalgia. These games all hold up on their own rights. Not because of their age or because they're old, but because they're good and they've yet to be surpassed by any game released to date)

Last edited: