What's new

Your Top 3 Favourite Players Ever UMK3

dubson

Noob
its funny you add mr bass but your mr bass also yeah your a great player infinite number is good but he just crys way too much i would replace him here with platnium shinobi. thats my opinioneven serious back up wasnt mentioned and hes a much better player and combo master than infinite number have you heard about saikyou ninja ?
INFINITE-NUMBER is very good and imo is on the same level as those guys, who are all very good players. i don't like to engage in the "who is better than who", as I am friends with all of them, but yeah.

I have a PS3 webcam and mic

Last edited:

Trikke.91

Noob Saibot
INFINITE NUMBER IS VERY STRONG, BUT DUBSON IS BETTER FOR ME, BUT THIS NOT IS PROBLEM W DUBSON AND INFINITE NUMBER YUUUUUUU AND ALLS NEW PLAYERS UMK3 LIKE CLEVELAND PLATINUM SHINOBI, WHY777, LOCO11, CHORIZO, DREWSUS, DRAKONIAN, DDY AND ALLS PLAYERS<<<3

Horde

Noob
INFINITE-NUMBER is very good and imo is on the same level as those guys, who are all very good players. i don't like to engage in the "who is better than who", as I am friends with all of them, but yeah.

Im with you on that and agree with both of you ill be able to add you on sunday night after i get off work . im excited lol

It's really too bad they don't have lounges for MKAK like they did 06. The best bet at this point is skype for a chat room, or something lighter... @UndefinedRican or @Ziggy had that one client that's a good bit easier on resources. And then MAME on server for the game lounge. Having played MKAK for a little over 3 years and MAME online for 2 or 2.5, 100ms isn't great for either connection - BUT it's way more acceptable on MAME than over PSN.

But as far as favorites... @nwo has that meaty Kung Lao, but his Cyrax is VERY high level and there aren't enough of those. @Ziggy and his young Shang Tsung, @ddy_08 who probably has the only Sonya deadlier than mine on PSN, @dubson and his Jade, @Drakonian and his Kano+Ninja kombos, and MANY other high level players.

dubson

Noob
It's really too bad they don't have lounges for MKAK like they did 06. The best bet at this point is skype for a chat room, or something lighter... @UndefinedRican or @Ziggy had that one client that's a good bit easier on resources. And then MAME on server for the game lounge. Having played MKAK for a little over 3 years and MAME online for 2 or 2.5, 100ms isn't great for either connection - BUT it's way more acceptable on MAME than over PSN.

But as far as favorites... @nwo has that meaty Kung Lao, but his Cyrax is VERY high level and there aren't enough of those. @Ziggy and his young Shang Tsung, @ddy_08 who probably has the only Sonya deadlier than mine on PSN, @dubson and his Jade, @Drakonian and his Kano+Ninja kombos, and MANY other high level players.
yeah, pros and cons to playing on each. console used to have the edge with the lobbies but now mame does, with the king of the hill on server, but console was better when it had it imo.

for ps3/xbox i like being able to play on a tv specifically like this

http://disablemycable.com/converter-boxes/

it is really nice for the game. also easier communicating/gathering/convenience amongst players

p2p is the best for me, but if it comes down to the mame servers or the mkak servers on psn/xbox, i would probably opt for the consoles... personally. the mame servers are so choppy for me... also i turn Skype and everything off on my PC when I play mame... on console it is nice that you don't need another program/app to chat through, and that you can simply chat right through the game as it has the feature built in

idk if it is superior servers or if MKAK can deal with lag better or something, or even if it is because when on console everyone has the same hardware, but for me if the connection is nice on console it's really nice. at hours like 5 am (which i know sucks), it is extremely nice as there aren't many players online.

international play for me has almost always been superior on console as well for server play, it has just been my experience

p2p on mame i think is the best for me, though

also on mame you can use almost any controller you can think of

Last edited:
Reactions: nwo

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
My top 3 favorite players to play against: @NoDoubt, @YOMI REO, and MRIGOTBASS

These 3 will play the longest sets and usually with minimal complaining. And they all 3 are really good players, top 5 for sure.

nwo

Noob
idk if it is superior servers or if MKAK can deal with lag better or something, or even if it is because when on console everyone has the same hardware, but for me if the connection is nice on console it's really nice. at hours like 5 am (which i know sucks), it is extremely nice as there aren't many players online.
The same applies for MAME though, I've noticed too that late at night especially on a week day the connection will be better and like Saturday night (especially coast to coast) its a lot worse, probably because of internet traffic.

Having all the same hardware helps a lot, but on PC if everyone clears the minimum requirements easily, having something like Skype running in the background is not an issue.

I always make sure to have Steam closed though because it seems to constantly update and streaming to twitch probably fucks shit up period lol. If you have some crazy internet, maybe not.

Last edited:

dubson

Noob
The same applies for MAME though, I've noticed too that late at night especially on a week day the connection will be better and like Saturday night (especially coast to coast) its a lot worse, probably because of internet traffic.

Having all the same hardware helps a lot, but on PC if everyone clears the minimum requirements easily, having something like Skype running in the background is not an issue.

I always make sure to have Steam closed though because it seems to constantly update and streaming to twitch probably fucks shit up period lol. If you have some crazy internet, maybe not.
yeah... you're right

the other night we had 4 player KOTH going. we tried Smash FU NY and it was laggy/saturated.

we went to some other obscure server (called like "demon cat tribe")

the connection ended up leveling out to be pretty damn impressive to myself.... so yeah I am basically indifferent towards the two now on that point. that was a game changer. they all were chatting over Skype too like you said it didn't affect it too bad. I was using my cell phone data to chat with them but i dont have unlimited data anymore, so if we find a good server like that again i will have to use Skype on my connection to chat if they are as well.

i still think they each have pro's and con's though (especially the old hd tube tv for console) and i still enjoy both console and MAME, and having access to as much kompetition as possible is never a bad thing.

Last edited:
yeah... you're right

the other night we had 4 player KOTH going. we tried Smash FU NY and it was laggy/saturated.

we went to some other obscure server (called like "demon cat tribe")

the connection ended up leveling out to be pretty damn impressive to myself.... so yeah I am basically indifferent towards the two now on that point. that was a game changer. they all were chatting over Skype too like you said it didn't affect it too bad. I was using my cell phone data to chat with them but i dont have unlimited data anymore, so if we find a good server like that again i will have to use Skype to chat if they are as well.

i still think they each have pro's and con's though (especially the old hd tube tv for console) and i still enjoy both console and MAME, and having access to as much kompetition as possible is never a bad thing.
The only problem with demon cat was that it would almost always desync after the 20 minute mark. Other than that it's one of the best servers out there.
I always try to use my phone for chat on Skype if people insist using voice chat. I usually take Wi-Fi off since it doesn't use a ton of data, but if you have enough band with to use Wi-Fi that's fine. Just don't run Mame, Skype, and stream to twitch all on the same PC at the same time LOL