Batman
Aquaman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Deadshot
Superman
Scarecrow
Catwoman

Outside of those 8 in this build of the game, I think the last two spots could go to any of these:

Red Hood
Darkseid
Harley
Green Arrow (Am I the only one that thinks Arrow is pretty versatile and could climb the tiers?)

Jugghead

Noob
Top characters are pretty set in stone, IMO:

Batman
Aquaman
Black Adam
Atrocitus
Deadshot
Superman
Scarecrow
Catwoman

Outside of those 8 in this build of the game, I think the last two spots could go to any of these:

Red Hood
Darkseid
Harley
Green Arrow (Am I the only one that thinks Arrow is pretty versatile and could climb the tiers?)
I'd disagree that Scarecrow is definitely in the top 8, but the other group as top 7 I agree with.

I had Green Arrow in my top 10

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I've never seen sonic play red hood, but the character has:

great setups

space control

Strong neutral

Great anti-air

Amazing b3

High and low parries

Decent wake ups.

And does great damage off conversions.

He is essentially a jack-of-all-trades character. I personally call him a better joker
Nrs kills the joker with red hood and then they go and kill captain cold with subzero :p

zabugi

The only Real Master
In those days, yes, a character's strength could be determined by number of match ups but now I think a match up is as good as those playing the characters. I think. Scarecrow won the last major, right!

1. Aquaman
2. Black Adam
3. Catwoman
4. Atrocitus
5. Batman
6. Deadshot
7. Darkseid
8. Superman
9. Redhood
10. Harley

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
In those days, yes, a character's strength could be determined by number of match ups but now I think a match up is as good as those playing the characters. I think. Scarecrow won the last major, right!
A characters strength is still mainly determined by how many winning and losing matchups they have. Their tools and damage are also taken into consideration, but those are actually what determine their favorable and unfavorable matchups.

Matchups in general are assuming that the characters are being played at the highest level. But people have a misconception that a losing matchup means you should lose more often than you win in that specific matchup. That's not necessarily the case. When it comes to actual real life matches, it comes down to the players. Matchup numbers are what it looks like on paper, based on both characters toolsets and how they give them an advantage or disadvantage.

But it's not an exact science. It's essentially an educated guess. This is why I don't like talking about MU numbers. This is also why tier lists aren't really that important, they're all based on opinions of opinions.

DrZmmm

Noob
Revised-

BA
AM

Superman
Catwoman
Batman
Attrocitus
Deadshot
Scarecrow
Harley Quinn
Red Hood/Green Arrow

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
So is Green Lantern the best character that no one plays competitively?

I just find it interesting how the perception of GL's strength seems pretty out of step with how he is actually represented in top level play.

Again, I think GL is a good solid fair character for the most part. But it's really hard for me to accept he's top ten when practically no one plays him competitively.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
So is Green Lantern the best character that no one plays competitively?

I just find it interesting how the perception of GL's strength seems pretty out of step with how he is actually represented in top level play.

Again, I think GL is a good solid fair character for the most part. But it's really hard for me to accept he's top ten when practically no one plays him competitively.
Another problem with tier lists is that if you're not in the top 10 or considered top tier than it's assumed your not a good character or you need help. That isn't necessarily the case. All it means is there's better characters who have better matchups and/or tools.

Cashual

Another problem with tier lists is that if you're not in the top 10 or considered top tier than it's assumed your not a good character or you need help. That isn't necessarily the case. All it means is there's better characters who have better matchups and/or tools.
Sorry I guess I'm not following your point in relation to my post. Are you saying that I think he's bad? I just didn't quite pick up on what you meant, or if you were just kind of making a more general point.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Sorry I guess I'm not following your point in relation to my post. Are you saying that I think he's bad? I just didn't quite pick up on what you meant, or if you were just kind of making a more general point.
I'm saying you don't have to be a top 10 character to be a completely viable tournament character. The only reason GL is not in every top 10 list is because there's 10 characters that people feel are better, not necessarily because GL is bad or unviable.

Cashual

I'm saying you don't have to be a top 10 character to be a completely viable tournament character. The only reason GL is not in every top 10 list is because there's 10 characters that people feel are better, not necessarily because GL is bad or unviable.
Well I'm definitely not claiming GL is bad or unviable. I am though saying that I'm surprised how frequently people in this thread have placed him top 10 (meaning I don't think he's top ten) when compared with how much GL is actually used in high level play and competitively.

I was wondering if GL is the perceived strongest character in the game that is just not very well represented and played in competitive play, that's all. Like there is a discrepancy between people's perception of his strength and his representation in tournament and just overall how many serious players main him.