What's new

Your stating move

Alice

Haaave you met Sektor?
In each round there is a first move always.
How do you start with your character? Agressively or defensively?
Do you have any signature starter or is it depends on wich character you play against?
Or just random?

Personally with my CSZ I go with bj, divekick, with my Cyrax it's a b2, or ragdoll.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
- Ducking to wait for a jump, and next, uppercut the oponent
- Neutral jump to juggle a enemy that jump @ you as soon as "Fight" word dissapear from screen
- Back jump to build distance and wait for first move, if I decide to play more safe and study oponent gameplay style
- Back dash until keep safe distance, for the same reason above

:D

Plop

Noob
With my Kano its usually a bj, airball. Gets em 90% of the time. With Mileena its usually a d4. Again, 90%nof the time that gets me the first hit. And with Reptile i usually do an elbow dash or slide

Gruntypants

THE MUFFINS ARE BEEFY
Depends on the matchup but with cyrax it's usually a net unless i'm playing someone with a teleport puch or if im playing kitana.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
what if they block? :I
Had a monumental moment when JC shadow kicked from the start, blocked and punished with 100% double reset (with smoke) and he wasted the meter so no chance of breaking.

On topic though i open with b2,3 or just step backwards slightly and wait for something to react to.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
i think in general walking back is a good idea, but it all depends on what character you are.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Reptile: neutral duck
Jax: walk back to AA
Skarlet: IaD
Cyrax: D3 to D4
Kung Lao: walk back to AA spin
Cage: back dash to AA or F32
Raiden: walk back to AA
Smoke: Smoke Away to Smoke Bomb
Sub Zero: Jump Back Kick to ice clone into Iceball or Slide
Ermac: back dash into Force Push
Kitana: IaF
Mileena: walk back into AA telekick
Noob: forward dash into upknee
Kenshi: forward dash into Spirit Charge

Goldi

Noob
For Jade it's usually U,3. Sonya D,4. Quan... I don't know. I'll go for a plain rune or a low poke. I'm terrible with him.

After playing with me a few times and catching on to my pattern, I switch to projectiles and hope I guessed right that they will dash back.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Raiden = Jump Kick into Superman
Smoke = Enhanced Shake
Rain = Jump back into enhanced teleport
Sub-Zero = Jump back (lol)

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Ermac: short dash forward then sweep. Ermac's sweep is really good and seeing as Ermac doesnt have any low starters, most people block high i find.
Sub Zero: short dash forward then d4. If the d4 hits i go for a grab, if its blocked i do another and then dash away
Kung Lao: cross-over dive kick into 1121 blockstring