What's new

Your EVO 2017 Predictions Here

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I expect even more Black Adam, Aquaman and Batman than most of us: Like 10 out of the top 16 and 6 out of the top 8.

These legacy characters have not become weaker, but stronger by becoming more familiar with playing against the more exotic characters.
- Multiple Batman, Adam Aqua top 8 with single rare character losing before top 4
I understand why people are predicting to see many Black Adams and Aquaman, but I don't see why everyone is predicting a lot of Batman. There is literally only 1 Batman in every top 8, and only 1 or 2 Batman in the whole top 48 at Majors. He's mostly an uncommon character

chores

bad at things
this thread is now about posting our smash.gg fantasy picks. im banking on a sonicfox upset since i figure everyone will pick him for their team

Remaining Budget: $10

1. Noble | Dragon $170
2. Tekken Master $170
3. PG | Hayatei $150
4. Noble | Semiij $140
5. Noble | BeyondToxin $120
6. Big D $50
7. Krayzie $50
8. Method | REO $50
9. Awesomo $30
10. cR_ | WoundCowboy $30
11. EG | NyChrisG $20
12. USBIGBOY $10

its probably not far fetched to predict fox, theo or semiij winning this, dragon, king and maybe tekken master in top 8. its gonna be interesting how the terry bros will do. other than that, there might be not THAT many aquamen/adams in the top bracket, as recent online tournaments have shown. harley, scarecrow, fate and arrow have shown they can compete, even supergirl is on the rise. atrocitous, catwoman, batman and darkseid probably will be up there.

Last edited:
1. Tekken master
2.slayer
3. Theo
4. Sonicfox
5.dragon
6.foreverking
7. Foxy
8. Semij

I'd really like foxy to win his fundamental game play is probably the best in the scene.

Tweedy

Noob
Remember how hype CEO was? The pools that Ultradavid said was the hypest block of pools he could remember. The top 48 with upsets and pop offs all over the place? The top 8 where Scarecrow beat everybody?

Anyone who thinks this game is gonna get booed is weird tbh.

[QUOTE="chores, post: 2313734, member: 3171" im banking on a sonicfox upset since i figure everyone will pick him for their team[/QUOTE]

Thats what I just did ^^^

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
  • KP will loose his voice and have to stop casting before finals.
  • Scar will not make Top 8
  • Semji will make it though to top 8 in winners
  • Madzin will make top 16
  • Foxy will not make top 16
  • Someone is going to prove Cheetah is a legit secret top tier
  • UltraDavid and Aquaman will cast and it will be GODLIKE.
  • Red Hood is going to wreak havoc, people will be unprepared
  • DLC trailer will be revealed
  • Sonic will not make Grand Finals.
  • Bio and Honeybee will both wreak and then choke around top 16
  • Firestorm will be a surprise ass kicker.
  • Someone will not make top 8 but still give me hope that Wonder Woman is awesome in this game.
My support to win.... Madzin!!! I want him to take it all!!!

Last edited:

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
Remember how hype CEO was? The pools that Ultradavid said was the hypest block of pools he could remember. The top 48 with upsets and pop offs all over the place? The top 8 where Scarecrow beat everybody?

Anyone who thinks this game is gonna get booed is weird tbh.
I totally agree, the competitive side of INJ2 has been great as a spectator in the large events.

Granted the relative character homogeny is a little boring at times, I think evo will be hype.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Here are my predictions that include a brief synopsis of each player. Good luck to everyone competing in Las Vegas this weekend.

Biohazard - Biohazard uses Bane and Harley at a very high level. He has recently added Deadshot to this deadly duo and I like his chances to power bomb and shoot his way into the top 16.

Dragon - Dragon is the best Aquaman player. He plays a highly defensive style that will challenge an opponent's patience. Dragon also has access to Poison Ivy, who could be effective in some matches. I expect a top 8 finish.

Forever King - Forever King is the best Batman player. He also uses Black Adam at a high level. If alcohol consumption and losing shoes are no concern this weekend, I expect him to place at least top 16.

Forever King Jr. - Forever King Jr. uses Bane and Black Adam at a very high level. In particular, he plays an aggressive Black Adam who is heavily based on frame traps, set ups, and 50/50 mix ups. I think he does very well this weekend and places top 16.

Foxy - I am not sure what occurred at CEO, but I know that Foxy has a competent and efficient Catwoman. He usually performs very well abroad and under pressure. I expect a top 16 finish.

Illusions - from what I have seen, Illusions has the best Green Arrow. I am of course also a huge fan of his Cyborg, whom he uses very efficiently to counter pick Aquaman. I hope he shoots and blasts his way into the top 16.

Perfect Legend - Perfect Legend would of course be the first player to find the character who plays the most similar to "Bird Lao". I speak from experience when I say that his Brainiac is very strong. Not too many players will be prepared to deal with the aerial movement and the dive kick madness. I think he places top 16.

Revet Leafing - Revert Leafing is a wild card. Actually, Cheetah is. I think he can make a deep run in this tournament depending which opponents and characters he fights. He has no secondary characters so he is going with Cheetah all the way.

Rewind - Rewind is tied with Tekken Master as the best Atrocitus player in my opinion. The hype over Atrocitus has somewhat declined recently because of Black Adam's, Catwoman's, and Scarecrow's success. Will Rewind be able to defeat an army of Black Adam, Catwoman, and Scarecrow players? I think so. He will defeat enough of them to place top 16.

Semij - Semij is the best Catwoman player. If I remember correctly, he has won the previous three War of the God tournaments and beat various high level players from the Emperor clan in the Kinetic versus Emperor clan war. If he remains focused during clutch moments, he can win the tournament.

Slayer - Slayer is arguably the best Black Adam player who also uses Aquaman and Superman at a very high level. He is another player who could win the tournament.

Sonic Fox - Sonic Fox is still the favorite to win. He uses several top tier characters at a very high level but can also use a couple of low and mid tier characters, such as Captain Cold and Joker, for match unfamiliarity.

Tekken Master - Tekken Master is tied with Rewind as the best Atrocitus player in my opinion. As I have already stated above, the hype over Atrocitus has somewhat declined recently because of Black Adam's, Catwoman's, and Scarecrow's success. Tekken Master finished second at last year's Evolution so he is more than capable to place top 16 in this game. He is certainly more experienced.

Theo - Theo is one of the community's strongest fundamental players. He is best Superman player who uses Aquaman as a secondary character for a couple of Superman's more difficult match ups. He could win the tournament.

White Boy - White Boy displayed phenomenal d+1 and command throw mind games, impeccable footsies, and endless patience when he won the CEO tournament with Scarecrow. Opponents will be more prepared to fight Scarecrow, though. Nonetheless, I expect a top 16 finish.

Wound Cowboy - I know for a fact that thus far Cowboy does not connect with any character as well he connected with Sinestro and Shinnok. I still believe that with some luck he can place top 16. He uses Aquaman, Black Adam, and Dr. Fate effectively.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Top 8 prediction:

Winners:
- SonicFox vs F0xy (SF wins)
- Rewind vs Slayer (Slayer wins)

Losers:
- Forever King vs REO (King wins)
- Whiteboi vs Knicks (Knicks wins)

- King vs Rewind (Rewind wins)
- Knicks vs F0xy (F0xy wins)

Losers semi's:
- Rewind vs F0xy (F0xy wins)

Winners Final:
- SonicFox vs Slayer (SonicFox wins)

Losers Finals:
- Slayer vs F0xy (F0xy wins)

Grand Finals:
F0xy resets the bracket vs SonicFox. But SonicFox wins the finals set 3-2.
So yeah, never even looked at the brackets. Most of this is impossible due to the brackets.

FeelsBadMan.

I remember thinking the first Evo for injustice would be hype after the tournament before it was UFGT if I remember correctly. There were 8 different characters in top 8, then the classic Superman dominated top 8 happened at Evo which forever left a stain on injustice 1.

So in short, I'm not holding my breathe on Evo. I know pools will be good, but I'm predicting grand finals to be a snooze fest. Hope I'm wrong though