Inputting the full string too fast making me drop
Incorrect input causing unintended moves and getting punished

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
@Marinjuana lmao I read it

HIT CONFIRMS
SO MANY HIT CONFIRMS

When I re-watch my matches that's the thing that pisses me off the most, like I COULD have hit confirmed but noooooooooooooo.

And the worst part is I can do it when they block the first hit and the second hits, but let's say I whiff punish them and don't expect it then I won't be able to do it, or if I think they're gonna block and they don't. It catches me off guard and I just finish the string or grab.

Zer0_h0ur

XBL tag: South of Zero
I've told myself I need to focus on a few things. Seems we all have a common thread here

1. AA's. This will be lab priority number 1. So many missed opportunities to destroy and instead I get destroyed myself.
  2. Corner pressure. I can work an opp into the corner well but once he's there, I just don't seem to know how to be as oppressive as others are in the corner. Which is pathetic considering I main noob. I usually keep a distance and play defensively but back up quickly when needed. I see other players decimate people in the corner and so far that just doesn't click with me.
  3. Dealing out and taking stagger pressure. Too many times I go default mode to either 1 hit or the full string instead of varying up my strings to keep the opponent guessing. I've realized watching myself getting beat down against better players they steal turns 100000s of times because they stagger and then keep pressing buttons. When I try it, sometimes I get good results but then I'll go back into bad habits of dialing in strings instead of mixing up my pressure.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I waste my turn too much and drop too many combos. There are so many games I would have won if I would have landed just one combo I dropped. I also don’t throw enough.

AAs - Scorpion doesn't have nice anti airs and even if he did, I'd still fuck them up. I'm getting better at this when I notice I got somebody in the corner or somebody cornered himself with a combo, because it's easier to anticipate.

B2/F3/F4 xx Hellport cancel confirms - Deadly tools Scorpion has that I do not utilize at all.

Dropping combos off anti airs and j3s on crouching opponents - Fucking hate that as I leave so much damage on the table even if I do delayed f3 meaties to specifically catch wakeup jumpers.

Punishing throw attemps with standing 11 - I never get anything other than d2 when reading a throw.

Hit-confirming d1/d3 into s11/s21 - When I hit a poke I usually just do shit instead of confirming into jailing buttons.

Various fuzzy guards against Erron/Geras/Jade - I'm free to Erron's 212121/b222 slide cancels, Geras' 111 and Jade's OH into OH or OH into low projectile cancels and shit like Cassie's and Sonya's OH strings, the latter being even more embarrassing.

I bet there's a whole lot more that I can't think of right now. I've started playing only 10 matches against people in casuals so I can save all the replays of my losses afterwards and check out where I got hit and why and where I fucked up specifically, and make notes of stuff to lab.
I'm thinking about making a matchup sheet for Scorpion where I write down everything including frame data, hit levels and cancels windows for every character along with punishable wakeup U3s and ranges where I want to stand to have a shot at whiff punishing them. Hope that helps a bit as I'm saving to go to Viennality next year and I want to at least win 1 pools match.

Zviko

Noob
Throws. I'm good at avoiding them by reading opponents and ducking but teching them is impossible for me. Even if I'm fast enough to tech it, I forget to release the block button. And because of that, against very unpredictable opponents, I duck too much and get punished for it.

AAs - Scorpion doesn't have nice anti airs and even if he did, I'd still fuck them up. I'm getting better at this when I notice I got somebody in the corner or somebody cornered himself with a combo, because it's easier to anticipate.

B2/F3/F4 xx Hellport cancel confirms - Deadly tools Scorpion has that I do not utilize at all.

Dropping combos off anti airs and j3s on crouching opponents - Fucking hate that as I leave so much damage on the table even if I do delayed f3 meaties to specifically catch wakeup jumpers.

Punishing throw attemps with standing 11 - I never get anything other than d2 when reading a throw.

Hit-confirming d1/d3 into s11/s21 - When I hit a poke I usually just do shit instead of confirming into jailing buttons.

Various fuzzy guards against Erron/Geras/Jade - I'm free to Erron's 212121/b222 slide cancels, Geras' 111 and Jade's OH into OH or OH into low projectile cancels and shit like Cassie's and Sonya's OH strings, the latter being even more embarrassing.

I bet there's a whole lot more that I can't think of right now. I've started playing only 10 matches against people in casuals so I can save all the replays of my losses afterwards and check out where I got hit and why and where I fucked up specifically, and make notes of stuff to lab.
I'm thinking about making a matchup sheet for Scorpion where I write down everything including frame data, hit levels and cancels windows for every character along with punishable wakeup U3s and ranges where I want to stand to have a shot at whiff punishing them. Hope that helps a bit as I'm saving to go to Viennality next year and I want to at least win 1 pools match.
scorpion s3 is a god like anti air, you can convert easly into combo

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
My current weakness is that I suck.
But that's an overall weakness, tbh.
Though in some ways, being good at sucking is a strength, depending on the situation. ;3

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I suck at teching throws

I practice my anti-airs and anti-crossups but if I'm not playing Cetrion with her godlike s1 and d1, I just get jumpkicked in real matches for trying

I get tripped up by d1 mashers cuz I usually try to do a high normal after blocking one

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Mine are easy to think about as they've been my weaknesses in fighting games since I first picked them up.
  1. My lack of patience. I take stupid risks and feel like I constantly need to be doing something even if waiting is the best option. This is really ironic since I love to play more defensive-style characters like Jade.
  2. Matchup bias. There are some characters that my brain simply turns off against so I continually fail to adapt. This is directly linked to my lack of patience.
  3. I'm a jumpy-happy person.
  4. I can't anti-air to save my life.

haketh

Noob
I freeze up in AA situations far to often, Shao Khan, Jade, & Frost have AA options that are way to good & I keep passing up opportunities.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Throws, jump in kicks and top tiers.

Honestly I'm going the scrub way and blame the game for this one.