What's new

You guys really gonna let MK pass?

I still play MK9 but I just don't bother with the tournaments anymore because all of the high level players have turned to kabal, kabal, kabal, kabal. It's not entertaining anymore.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think the main issue is its not a main game anymore at EC tournaments due to how low the entrants were. Since EC has the most major tournaments, whatever games are "main" games there affects how it is perceived nationwide. If those tournaments start having decent numbers again, then we can get a resurgence, IMO.

booivi

Good Game :)
I wish I traveled to every single major out there, but instead I stay at home and play with friends or by myself. I just don't see how you guys do it, unless you got sponsors of course. But still do most of you get payed by just participating? If anything, I'd probably go to a local near me some time. I live in Houston, Texas.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
If NRS ever patches the game to make the cast more even then sure i'll play. Till then I won't touch it with a stick.
Just a few days ago we had yet another "top 10 list" that had 16 characters in it. The 3S and MVC2 communities would kill for that and those games lived for a decade.

The last time NRS handed out buffs in MK9, everyone else went on to complain that those non-viable characters were now TOO good. Fuck having that noise all over again.

More patches = more problems. As many bugs as MK9 has, I'd rather it be left as it is.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I think the main issue is its not a main game anymore at EC tournaments due to how low the entrants were. Since EC has the most major tournaments, whatever games are "main" games there affects how it is perceived nationwide. If those tournaments start having decent numbers again, then we can get a resurgence, IMO.

I agree. TFC not carrying MK as a main game is a blow up.

RWDY Nori

Where is crossplay?
GGA will keep it alive in our area. We are starting out strong with a low tier tournament that for some reason everyone is hype about. I think it has to do with the fact that everything feels new.
Who did you ban? Cyrax/Kabal/Kenshi or others also?

zaf

professor
if the netcode was on par with injustice I would be still grinding.
It is better then injustice on PC. Like by miles.

Us online warriors don't get justice in these parts. If only my PC was solid enough to play MK9 PC. My god I'd be on that ALL DAY.
get a better pc man. Or hurry up and turn 18.

Well I'm certainly not dropping MK9. Definitely not at least until MK10.

We still have decent sized casuals for it in SoCal and EGP tournaments will always have it because TenZeRo7 is the greatest.
What made it die out at Wnf?