What's new

YOMI vs. The World Team Battle at KIT?

coolwhip

Noob
It is safe the rise of YOMI has divided the community. Everyone has thrown in their two cents on the subject (including that idiot who once made a thread questioning whether YOMI kills hype), and things got absolutely unbearable with some on TYM feeling somehow entitled to criticize YOMI players for "putting their lives on hold," and some YOMI players somehow criticizing others for not doing just that.

Regardless, this has been an interesting week on TYM. Earlier, a thread was made predicting doom and gloom for the casual gamer in the face of the evil empire known as YOMI that pretty much boiled down to:

(If that scene had GamerBlake threatening to shut down the filming of LOTR, it would sum up that thread in a nutshell).

With YOMI dominating the last couple of majors, many in the NRS community were worried about the state of the competitive scene. Things looked even gloomier when even the great Sonic Fox was unable to stop the YOMI juggernaut. Enter the last man to make a stand against YOMI...

Venturing into hostile territory, and facing taunts from YOMI's finest (https://twitter.com/DrZyphox/status/643238126119464960), Wound Cowboy was reduced to a dead man walking...if TYM were to be believed. After all, how could a man with an EVO medal, a host of top 8 placings in every NRS game so far, one of the most talented players in the community, and the winner of the last major he attended actually hold his own in a first to 10? Surely such a task would prove inconceivable. And yet, against all odds (and Shinnok), @Cr Wound Cowboy handed out to Forever King free autographed copies of his book (titled "footsies") in perhaps the greatest MKX set to date (seriously, both guys should be commended for such an awesome display).

So, with Cowboy proving that mere mortals can still compete, why not take things further? Why not organize a team battle pitting YOMI's best against the "casual pros"?

It would have to be a major in which everyone is attending, so most likely KIT.

My nominees for team Casual Pros (I'm excluding Foxy Grampa as I don't believe he will be present).

Cr Wound "Kingslayer" Cowboy @cR WoundCowboy
GGA "I only play characters with broken mids" Dizzy @GGA Dizzy
Cr "Finally Canada has a top player" Honeybee @HoneyBee
Hitbox "Who says black guys can't be hipsters?" Tyrant @Hitbox_Tyrant

And of course, CD "Fuck everything that made people that need to keep playing for 5 more years to be on my level beat me b/c of the game mechanics and anyone that wins with quan chi is winning 50% because of the character 40% because of the engine and 10% player skill" Jr.

But, in case Jr can't make it, then I nominate Cr "13 is the new 10" SonicFox. @SonicFox5000.

EDIT: According to the man himself, A Foxy "WoeWoe" Grampa might actually make it. In which case, I'd put him on the team instead of Tyrant (@A F0xy Grampa). Making this potential battle even more mouthwatering.

I'm sure the YOMI guys would be down, provided they're travelling to KIT (and I have no reason to think they won't be).

Which five players would you like to see on team "casual pros"?

@Vandy @YOMI Reno_Racks

Last edited:

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
This would be a great exhibition. My 5 would be:

HoneyBee
WoundCowboy
SonicFox
Foxy
Big D

Long shot if Foxy could make it but if he could I don't think there is any reason he shouldn't be on there.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
lol, I was just being saracastic. I was just taking a shot at CD Jr's terrible tweets. Of course Fox is a shoe in and he should be on the team.
Inb4 CD "Real Niqqah Talk, Aaaaaaaaauuuuuuuu, I hate seeing people who are worse than me winning, Sonic fox is only winning because this game is made for him" Jr decides to join in though.

Too bad all he's gonna do is stay at home and say his hand isn't ready yet, I'd be looking forward to a Dominican blowout.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
Sonic
Foxy
Honeybee
Wound
???

We need a southerner to complete the circle. KP? Gross? Big D?

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm Pretty sure Sonic said he wasn't going to KIT.

This is moot though as we've already been made advised that PND is the best team free due to their monetary earnings. YOMI can only hope to compete once they shore up their mutual funds and securities.

:DOGE

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
emmmm shouldnt someone in yomi or one of the people who maybe wanted to make the challenge make a thread like this?
seems like your just shitstirring rather than hype building

RyuuJin882

Twitch.tv/ryuujin882
Yomi:
DJT
MIT
Forever King
Reo
Michelangelo

The world:
Sonic
F0xy