What's new

YOMI | DJT (Kung Lao/Tempest) Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Midwest Championships in Murfreesboro, TN

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I say no to both, spinning hat ability helps u get away from ppl or rush them down. It has so many uses. If buzzsaw is better in those matchups, it ain't by much
Buzzsaws Ex spin punishes any potentially unsafe clone cancels, as well as B2s from behind the clone, I know he can divekick, but i'm not putting my life on the line for a divekick.

The low hat can shatter the clone and keep him cloneless for a little, but the hat respawns because it's been used on the clone, so in that time period sub zero is just sub zero (no variation). Also, obviously, it forces people to do something, you can't just sit there and block hats all day, so buzzsaw forces the opponent to do something, whether is be block, jump, whatever.

Full auto jacqui becomes semi auto jacqui because she has no long range game against buzzsaw lao, buzzsaw against jacqui in general is just a good shout cause she doesnt have anything to help her avoid low hats.

Buzzsaw keeps you at hit advantage for a truer 'mixup'
Tempest keeps you at block advantage for no other guess game than, when should I press buttons or not? He also loses his spin guessing game for the most part in tempest on certain strings like B22 or F23.

Buzzsaws Ex spin punishes any potentially unsafe clone cancels, as well as B2s from behind the clone, I know he can divekick, but i'm not putting my life on the line for a divekick.

The low hat can shatter the clone and keep him cloneless for a little, but the hat respawns because it's been used on the clone, so in that time period sub zero is just sub zero (no variation). Also, obviously, it forces people to do something, you can't just sit there and block hats all day, so buzzsaw forces the opponent to do something, whether is be block, jump, whatever.

Full auto jacqui becomes semi auto jacqui because she has no long range game against buzzsaw lao, buzzsaw against jacqui in general is just a good shout cause she doesnt have anything to help her avoid low hats.

Buzzsaw keeps you at hit advantage for a truer 'mixup'
Tempest keeps you at block advantage for no other guess game than, when should I press buttons or not? He also loses his spin guessing game for the most part in tempest on certain strings like B22 or F23.
Reasonable points but tempest equals constant pressure and grabs are always a mixup for anyone. Ppl can't block forever when they are eating chip and u are building meter

Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend... This was the biggest MWC i have been a part of and was able to run the brackets smoothly so thanks for that guys. Remember KiT in the future and next years MWC will be intense so i hope to see a lot of you there again

@Qwark28 KiT is in Jan this is basically Regional that we have taken over a year ago and are trying to grow it into a better event if you didn't feel it was hype im sorry but i would say your mistaken there were some seriously intense matches such as GlassSword vs Poshib and Saltface vs Wound Cowboy and thats just a few of them and remember this isn't injustice they each had their own hype
I am so disappointed, KIT last year was extremely hype, helped revive IGAU and cement some hype moments and matches.

MKX was extremely boring, horrible commentary, no hype whatsoever except when DJT was winning.

Commentary isn't a summary of what's obviously happening on screen.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
I find it amusing how every single time a character wins a tournament that hasn't won a tournament yet, everyone freaks out and claims they're top tier. By amusing I mean predictable and obnoxious.
Reading through this thread I haven't really seen any of this. Most people are just saying Tempest is good, I dont think ive even read the word nerf in this thread yet.

In most other cases I would agree with you but this is very tame compared to other tourneys lol.

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Thanks to everyone that came out this weekend... This was the biggest MWC i have been a part of and was able to run the brackets smoothly so thanks for that guys. Remember KiT in the future and next years MWC will be intense so i hope to see a lot of you there again

@Qwark28 KiT is in Jan this is basically Regional that we have taken over a year ago and are trying to grow it into a better event if you didn't feel it was hype im sorry but i would say your mistaken there were some seriously intense matches such as GlassSword vs Poshib and Saltface vs Wound Cowboy and thats just a few of them and remember this isn't injustice they each had their own hype
I just finished watching it all, and it DID have some great matches and I think the commentary got better towards the end, though, being kinda a dork, I prefer technical style commentary, but that's just pure preference on my part..

It DID lack a little hype though, but its a state-of-the-game issue and not an event issue. The Raiden spam and the Cage spam and to some degree Kung Jin (His matches just LOOK repetitive as hell, lol).. Dont get me wrong, its hilarious the first time or two and AGAIN, I am NOT speaking towards any balance issues, that kinda stuff is best worked out by people WAY more versed in this sort of thing than I am, but as a spectator, it gets boring and discouraging to watch. Its a bit of a hype killer is all.

Also, others may really disagree with me, and it may be a huge issue with eating up time, but I think the end of a match should play out. The players hitting reset and stopping the match before the end of the combo and the fatality section, etc, is a hype killer in and of itself. The crowd likes to see that kind of stuff. Look back at Combo Breaker and watch/listen to the crowd and how excited they got when the brutalities would pop off, and fatalities can be a mind-game in and of themselves. Its just my opinion, I dont know how much more drawn out the whole even would be if every match followed through completely though, an extra 15-20 seconds adds up when spread across a huge number of matches.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
I find it amusing how every single time a character wins a tournament that hasn't won a tournament yet, everyone freaks out and claims they're top tier. By amusing I mean predictable and obnoxious.[/QUOTE
People in this community are so hung up on tiers, that they use them as an excuse as to why they're not doing well. This isn't discrediting good players, but it's the average player here on this site who thinks this way. It's the fact that some people actually grind it out no matter how good or bad the character may be

RainMK9

Noob
Sick tempest Kung Lao but what does that orbiting hat really do for you? The only time I saw it benefit DJT was in grand finals when he made the comeback to win the second game after the reset. But most of the time it seems to give him/the user a false sense of confidence and then they just get blown up/punched through it

Saviorself

Noob Saibot
Agree 100%

Only so much is experienced through the stream. Streams are like not even 25% of what happens at a tournament.

Bishop vs GlassSword was the hypest match ever that night, it was Memphis vs ATL basically with both sides goin' nuts. The stream monsters won't ever experience these types of things until they actually attend.

The finals were all Yomi so the stakes weren't as high but they still wanted to win individually.

BS3OOO

Noob
Congrats @Denzell ! You brought the hype with that Fisticuffs Johnny Cage and Tempest Lao!!

But hey, WHERE ISTHE MEMPHIS SCENE?! I feel left out now lol. I'm from Memphis and I want to get into some action too!