What's new

Question Yo can smn explain what term "not real " means ?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Few times I heard it during some matches , for example when sonic fox was playing darkseid on some stream. Someone said that many things that he do with DS are "not real" . Its just one example but i hear it often . Sooooo what does it mean ?

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
May be they mean gimmicks? For example if you play supergirl, she has a f3 set up after hard knockdown that can either cross you up or land in front depending on how she does it, but it's not "real" in that this can be avoided by a seasoned player by delaying wakeup or backlash etc. I assume deadshot low overhead strings also has lots of gimmicks around it.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Not real means its a gimmick. As in there could be a gap or a universal way out of something. But since the opponent doesn't know it, on stream it looks strong.

Like for instance. Bane's charge is minus. How many times have you seen bane charge and not get punished? His charge into charge into charge is not real cause you could blow it up.

Or a string like (can't remember off the top of my head the buttons) Wonder woman's the one that's plus 12 but has a giant gap that you can punish. But some people allow it to be a psuedo block infinite on them in the corner. It looks dominant but its not real.

Basically anything someone gets hit with. But after someone tells them, then they feel stupid for getting bodied by it.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Not real means its a gimmick. As in there could be a gap or a universal way out of something. But since the opponent doesn't know it, on stream it looks strong.

Like for instance. Bane's charge is minus. How many times have you seen bane charge and not get punished? His charge into charge into charge is not real cause you could blow it up.

Or a string like (can't remember off the top of my head the buttons) Wonder woman's the one that's plus 12 but has a giant gap that you can punish. But some people allow it to be a psuedo block infinite on them in the corner. It looks dominant but its not real.

Basically anything someone gets hit with. But after someone tells them, then they feel stupid for getting bodied by it.
yo thx man , ur good at explaining :D

Those players usually get conditioned to seeing the same offensive maneuvers. Plus frames is a great example. these guys nailed it though. Batman is a character that gets away with this.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
btw now Im thinking online lag can make some things "real " ? for example robins assasin strike is -12 on block so full combo punishable . But some online robins act like its plus and funny thing is a few times I got punished for trying to punish it lol . Due to lag his d12 or whatever low string came out first .

btw now Im thinking online lag can make some things "real " ? for example robins assasin strike is -12 on block so full combo punishable . But some online robins act like its plus and funny thing is a few times I got punished for trying to punish it lol . Due to lag his d12 or whatever low string came out first .
That shit might be real offline lmao but yea I agree. Catdash too

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
Also assassin strike has weird blockstun, so you can't punish it with a high starter, you need to punish it with a mid or low starter otherwise his 6 frame(?) d1d4 starter will punish you

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
"Not real" usually means that you're sitting there waiting to block something in a situation where you could actually avoid it.

Usually avoiding the incoming offense means:
-Waking up
-Backdashing
-Interupting with a normal, a special, or with armor
-Walking out
-Tech rolling off the ground
etc.

So it usually describes a situation in which the person isn't taking their options to get out, because they don't know that they can :)