What's new

Yes, New Stuff for Reptile :)

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
Okay, so, I figured 2 things just now.

1. Reptile can control the pushback on dash with 4 and 124. :)

2. This makes 124 really nice. He can scare you with a difficult to punish dash, and create some solid mixups off of it because it's neutral. Plus, you can use this off of a blocked EX dash since 124 is 11f and EX dash is +5.

So it's not some holy grail type of tech...but it seriously helps.

SZSR

Noob
More pushback as in on a blocked dash, if the opponent blocks the 124 they'll be backed up more?

xSMoKEx

Coward Character User
I believe THTB is saying that off a blocked 4 of 124 it gives enough pushback to make the follow up elbow dash hit at max range. And a max range elbow dash will be more safe than say, one from point blank. (Due to the amount of pushback you recieve)

I could be wrong, but that's what i gathered from it.

THTB

Smoke has it right. Against characters who rely on stubby normals to punish dash, this is really solid (Helps vs Sonya).

Enenra

Go to hell.
I believe THTB is saying that off a blocked 4 of 124 it gives enough pushback to make the follow up elbow dash hit at max range. And a max range elbow dash will be more safe than say, one from point blank. (Due to the amount of pushback you recieve)

I could be wrong, but that's what i gathered from it.
Thanks dude I get it now.

Good stuff THTB

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
nice work thtb

well there going my punishing dash with d3 and d2 will mileena :( roll never seems to hit enough though theres enough frames 2.
hopefully doesnt effect baraka punishing it with slices/charge, say his d2 wont work even with its awesome horizontal hitbox

RapZiLLa54

Monster Island Tournaments
Man this is beautiful. Its baiting people into trying to punish dash and you could probably 2 into ball their whiffed string :) At least a guaranteed uppercut.

Smoke B23 bomb is that string fast enough?

zaf

professor
regular dash is normally -15 on block no?
there's enough push back to make him neutral?

THTB

It's 16f.

zaf yes it is, but the pushback doesn't make him neutral. It puts him just out of range of stubby normals.

NKZero

Noob
THTB, Can Sub Zero 22 punish this? I mean even if the first 2 whiffs, the 2nd 2 gives enough advantage on hit to be followed up with an ice ball and freeze the opponent. But perhaps by the time the 2nd 2 comes out Reptile would be safe?

Basically can Sub Zero punish?

THTB

Idk for sure, but I'm pretty sure no. The 2nd 2 would have to be like 3f to hit Reptile on first 2 whiff. If 22 doesn't work, he can always slide. But tbh, slide sucks now. The untechable aspect is useless with delayed techroll.

GhosT

Noob
21 shocker? 21 cartwheel? R u saying this makes dash less punishable? I don't follow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk

THTB

21 shocker? 21 cartwheel? R u saying this makes dash less punishable? I don't follow

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Green Tapatalk
Yes. Some characters rely on stubby normals to punish dash.

GhosT

Noob
Yes. Some characters rely on stubby normals to punish dash.
Yeah i didn't read the entire thread. I see now. I hate reptiles dash.. not because its not easy to punish but because of how it seems to win out vs a lot of other specials. and if it doesn't win it travels through it :(. We will just have to find a good way to punish it off pushback. Good find THTB