What's new

Yeah, still not feeling this Krypt chief.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
You can throw another 500k at me and I'd still say "Yeah, this ain't it.".

Just, relatively not a fan. I guess being able to know what chests unlocked what was nice. And I never saw the harm either.

You /still/ had to grind for the coins. You /still/ had to get there. But all it did was help you not have to go through 100k with potentially only getting fucking Kombat Kard icons and backgrounds. Only for skins for characters you will never touch.

And since there is so many, good luck getting that even one or two variation for the two characters you may want. Good. Luck.

This just ain't it to me. There's a fine line where a feature goes from fun to frustrating. If I wanted to earn money, only to get to open something and be disappointed, I'd go back to buying trading cards.

I think

A. The Krypt either needs a rework again.

B. They just allow you to buy certain skins with Gold. A high amount of it.

But this shit is bonkers for cosmetics lol. And it sounds childish but it almost gets me annoyed to the point where I just tune off the game.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I dunno man, I’m not mad about it anymore. The coin chests... I’ve opened all of them already except the last area (which I still need the key for). I also bought all of the 25k level 1 character towers. And still have 900,000 coins at the moment. And I’ve only had the game for a week.

Heart chests, those are all fixed. You can look them up and go straight to the one you want. I’ve opened two of the 250s and one of the 100s, and I’m still sitting on 2,200 hearts.

It’s the soul fragments I have a problem with. You accumulate them so slowly compared to the massive amount you need in the Krypt. I have 7,400 soul fragments, but need 10,000 to make the key to go to the next Krypt area, and the only things I have left to open are the soul chests, which cost 100 fragments each. Just..... wtf.

SUPAHJD

Horror Guest Shill
I dunno man, I’m not mad about it anymore. The coin chests... I’ve opened all of them already except the last area (which I still need the key for). I also bought all of the 25k level 1 character towers. And still have 900,000 coins at the moment. And I’ve only had the game for a week.

Heart chests, those are all fixed. You can look them up and go straight to the one you want. I’ve opened two of the 250s and one of the 100s, and I’m still sitting on 2,200 hearts.

It’s the soul fragments I have a problem with. You accumulate them so slowly compared to the massive amount you need in the Krypt. I have 7,400 soul fragments, but need 10,000 to make the key to go to the next Krypt area, and the only things I have left to open are the soul chests, which cost 100 fragments each. Just..... wtf.
I just need to finally start playing more too but yeah, I'm just not feeling the randomness.

I'm really not into all that many characters it seems, which is fine. I just hate the opening a 10k chest only to be delievered konsumables and icons. Yipeee.

DDustiNN

The coins are whatever, the issue is definitely the soul fragments. There are like 15,000 souls needed just for Krypt area unlocks before you even get to opening any chests with items in them. What the fuck.
I think people just didn’t make it far enough in to realize that was the real problem before entering “the sky is falling” mode. Instead everyone just cried about coins and hearts right away, and the coins turned out to not even really be a problem at all. So now coins are buffed, hearts are improved, but they all overlooked the most important ones... soul fragments. The ones which can actually halt your game progress.

Nah, it's fine (and it always has been - the real problems were the towers' difficulty and poor currency rates). One week of playing and I have 404/600 chests, and that includes all of the coin ones because coin is the least troublesome to obtain. It does suck to open nothing but variation icons and augments for stretches of time, so it helped to only go in with ~500k each time so that the hauls were more satisfying. Hearts were a problem before but the patch fixed that. Now it's just souls and the head requirements (but 50 fatalities against each character WILL come naturally if you always do the fatal bro). The only argument I can understand is that it's dumb that you practically have to unlock everything to unlock the few items you actually want, but as noted above it's only 1-2 weeks of grinding.

ShadyHeart

Relationship with Sonya ended
It takes 1,500 matches to get all souls needed just for advancing in the krypt assuming you get 10 every match. You get some from chests and various krypt activities as well as tower rewards, but not nearly enough. Then you have all those 100 cost chests .

It takes 1,500 matches to get all souls needed just for advancing in the krypt assuming you get 10 every match. You get some from chests and various krypt activities as well as tower rewards, but not nearly enough. Then you have all those 100 cost chests .
Of which there are at least 130 by my count. Plus you need 1500 souls to craft Shinnok's Amulet. That's almost 30,000 souls, so it's more like 3000 tower match victories (not counting Krypt/Tower progression rewards, which make a generous contribution).

Gamer68

Fujin!
The biggest BS thing about The Krypt is Soul Fragments and how many you need to progress. 10,000 for the tree, 2,000 for the bridge, 3,000 to bring up the chest, plus who knows how many for Soul Chests.

Other than that I think it's fine now.

The only thing left for me is buying the remaining Heart chests, a few more soul chests (need more skeleton keys.....^^) and restock chests till I got all 600 chests unlocked. Currently at 480.

Yeah... You're not meant to be "feeling" anything but pain and nausea -- such that it compels you to...
SPEND MOAR MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (...for content that you already legally own and should have access to). Welcome to content ransoming. Enjoy your full RRP'd + premium DLC product, of which much the content contained therein, you will never gain access to.

Moral: You should have listened when the "crazy fear mongers" were prophesying character abilities being hocked to the highest bidder... Too late now to complain about the reality that we all allowed to be created for us.

DDustiNN

Yeah... You're not meant to be "feeling" anything but pain and nausea -- such that it compels you to...
SPEND MOAR MONEY$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ (...for content that you already legally own and should have access to). Welcome to content ransoming. Enjoy your full RRP'd + premium DLC product, of which much the content contained therein, you will never gain access to.

Moral: You should have listened when the "crazy fear mongers" were prophesying character abilities being hocked to the highest bidder... Too late now to complain about the reality that we all allowed to be created for us.

I’m not convinced you even understand how this game works. You can’t just buy everything.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
The Krypt itself is fine, I just think the rate at which we earn currency isn't the greatest unless you want to spend all day grinding time towers.

Tbh I love the Krypt, its amazing to explore and solve the puzzles etc. it just kind of sucks to walk in with a couple hundred k and not come out with anything you really wanted.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you
Absolutely loving the krypt. I could spend all day running around and exploring it. The only problem I have is the souls since they take forever to get. I made the mistake of opening the bridge for 2k souls, and haven't been able to use a single soul since then because I need so many for other things. Can't even open a single soul chest because of it.

Error404

Noob
Tbh I never liked Krypt mode at all in any game. I have only a few hours a week to play . I would rather get the cosmetic stuff just by playing ranked. Especially now , when they have such awful modes that they let AI do them for you.

Wallach

Noob
Hey duder, what thing in the shop would you suggest I buy even if I wanted to speed up the progression? Of the thousands of unlockables in this game, 5 are available for "time krystals" per day. They were originally going to sell Skip Fight and Gear Level Up tokens in the store but the initial backlash scared them off that so you can't pay your way through the Towers of Time faster either. You couldn't pay your way around the grind if you wanted to.

DDustiNN

If the game is so fair and balanced and perfect, why are you here having to defend it?... And why aren't you grinding the few firing synapses you left into mulch, playing it??

Hmm... Really makes you think :rolleyes:

The Krypt is a scam, mate. You could have 9,999,999 (trust me -- I've had that much, and multiple times!) and still not get a third of the game's content after 50 hours of scouring the place and giving up koin to the Shrine... because of DIMINISHING RETURNS.
It’s not perfect, but it is damn good. You’ll find plenty of posts containing current complaints. But nothing like the garbage you spew.

What happened to your previous TYM account anyway? Banned?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Oh yeah, my other problem with The Krypt besides the Soul Fragments grind.

The Forge. It's just so bad. They recipes they give you aren't even finished and if you guess the last ingredient wrong, you get nothing and lose your items. I've looked up recipe lists and people have barely found anything because they don't want to waste their items. I personally haven't attempted to craft a single thing because of the lack of information and cost to use it.

It's easily the most useless thing in The Krypt right now, but maybe that will change when we have more info.

HAMMER

Noob
I love the new Krypt.

I shat on this game when it arrived.

But, I love it now!!

Good that they changed the currency rates.

I guess I was ignorant.

Game is different, but I love it now!

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
I’m not convinced you even understand how this game works. You can’t just buy everything.
Yeah, tired of seeing this one.

I was mad at first because I assumed they made a pay-to-play structure and forgot to make a proper store. I always assumed it would come later and be a piece of shit.

But, that really isn't happening. There isn't much to buy - just a smattering of items that come on sale each day, odds are for characters you don't care about. There is no way to actually pay for the shit you want so no pressure to buy crystals. The real problem with the krypt is grind balance and inability to hunt for items you actually care about.

If everything was exactly as it was on launch, but the chests contained the same loot across all games, I wouldn't even care. I'd just wait for a guide and critical path my way to the character gear I cared about. But randomization combined with grind is a different story.

DDustiNN

Oh yeah, my other problem with The Krypt besides the Soul Fragments grind.

The Forge. It's just so bad. They recipes they give you aren't even finished and if you guess the last ingredient wrong, you get nothing and lose your items. I've looked up recipe lists and people have barely found anything because they don't want to waste their items. I personally haven't attempted to craft a single thing because of the lack of information and cost to use it.

It's easily the most useless thing in The Krypt right now, but maybe that will change when we have more info.
You don’t lose the items - you only lose the money you spent for the forge attempt.

But yeah, pretty dumb so far.

Plus... why can’t I look at my Forge Recipes........ at the Forge?! I have to exit the who damn game and go to my kollection screen to look at a recipe? Who thought that was a good idea???