What's new

xray changed?

GhosT

Noob
the patch notes thread isnt showiing the notes for me for some reason.. so has his xray been changed?.. im not running through projectiles now.. striker gets me with his pistol now and a few other projectiles are stopping me.. once i was even kicked right as i reached the opponent. seems like less armor. confirm ?

Armor only blocks one hit. Stryker's pistol fires twice. As for getting kicked, did you dash through a projectile into the kick? Also, I'm not sure about Reptile, but Jax and Kano lose armor for the last frame of their X-Ray activation according to Tom Brady, so others might work similarly.

J3RR4X

Cyrax needs a faster uppercut...
I play pretty regularly against a decent Subzero and in the last few days I have seen my xray become much less effective at busting through and punishing clones. It will still go through but there must be some vulnerable frames in the animation. You can definitely get kicked out it at the end if you are coming from fullscreen...

TrickyNick

Weather Man
Yea i noticed not to long ago in the start up of his xray he vanishes, then reappears in his regular invisible form infront of them before he connects full screen..been hit out of it a few times

GhosT

Noob
yeah idk i have used reptile a lot.. i mean tons, at least a thousand xrays landed, and i have never been stopped like i have since the patch.. it could be bad luck. but it seems like at 3/4 to full screen if im xray thru projectile they have time to jab with 1 or 2 or kick with 3 or 4 when im close and it destroys the xray, blows it up completely. I know about the one projectile rule.. but i can also say i think i have been blown up by a single projectile that hit when i was close. and i know before the patch i have had armor all the way until xray landed. i havent tested any of this. but just by playing a lot and i would say it seems as if they removed armor at full screen when you are close to the target. i still pass thru things right after tirggering the xray. but if i have used it full screen timing a projectile and i time wrong or the projectile/ attack comes out when i have been in the xray animation for a time i think the armor goes away.. have no idea what kind of frames it has but it really seems like it may have been lowered somehwat.

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
yeah idk i have used reptile a lot.. i mean tons, at least a thousand xrays landed, and i have never been stopped like i have since the patch.. it could be bad luck. but it seems like at 3/4 to full screen if im xray thru projectile they have time to jab with 1 or 2 or kick with 3 or 4 when im close and it destroys the xray, blows it up completely. I know about the one projectile rule.. but i can also say i think i have been blown up by a single projectile that hit when i was close. and i know before the patch i have had armor all the way until xray landed. i havent tested any of this. but just by playing a lot and i would say it seems as if they removed armor at full screen when you are close to the target. i still pass thru things right after tirggering the xray. but if i have used it full screen timing a projectile and i time wrong or the projectile/ attack comes out when i have been in the xray animation for a time i think the armor goes away.. have no idea what kind of frames it has but it really seems like it may have been lowered somehwat.

I agree with you 100%. At first i thought maybe i was just sucking and/or my opponents were just getting better with their timing, but my growing frustrations concerning this issue are at their peak. It's like one day all of a sudden i couldn't land my x-rays consistently and people were stuffing them with the most ridiculously panicked projectiles, normal pokes, or jump kicks that usually got nailed pre-patch.... Now i didn't know if this was just me, but after i was searching for this problem and found a thread about it, i'm not so convinced that i'm crazy.... i'm getting really tired of burning full meters and losing the match by a hair which could have been prevented by either landing the x-ray:)violin:) or doing some sort of an EX special..... I think that when they gave reptile the useless ability to go through projectiles on his EX acid hand, they took away some of the armor for the x-ray..... bad trade-off IMO. Again, i'm just speculating this, but seeing this thread confirms that this may be more....... I hope someone can look into this/confirm/deny.

edit: i suppose shouldn't say it's useless to have projectile armor for Ex acid hand....but i still think it's a bad trade off for the nerf to the x-rays potency if indeed that was the case.

His X-ray has been completely unreliable for me after the patch. I get stuffed by the most ridiculous things, not only at full screen or up close, but at all distances. It seems like his X-ray only has armor on a very small portion of its distance. Today, about 50% of the X-rays I tried in matches were stuffed by single hit projectiles or pokes. It seems like if they've already launched the projectile, he can go through it, but if it comes out AFTER he starts, it will knock him out.

i havent had any problems
been consistenly landing his xray from full screen through projectiles, actually i think it got blocked only 2 or 3 times last weekend

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nothing's changed that would effect him getting hit out of his X Ray. He has 3 hits of armor for the first 10 frames (the step into). He is immune to projectiles from the start and during his run loop and turns off when he is within sweep distance where he does his grab with his arm.

There is actually a fix in the patch where, previously sometimes when Reptile had his back to the screen the X Ray would not collide at all.

his enh glow hand has 28 frames of armor of projectile invulnerabilty (until it pops).

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
his enh glow hand has 28 frames of armor of projectile invulnerabilty (until it pops).
What's the point of it? It's essentially stationary, and unless you're facing Noob/Sub in the corner, it's an absoulte waste of meter.

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
It can popup to start/continue combos when used in the right situations. You could call anything that uses meter a waste of meter. Would you rather it auto-won the round for you?

Wenis of Lore

Celestial
It can popup to start/continue combos when used in the right situations. You could call anything that uses meter a waste of meter. Would you rather it auto-won the round for you?
dude. come on. we're talking about the invulnerability frames of the EX acid hand(which are for the most part useless). not the fact it pops people up high. and even then, it was only brought up with speculation on whether or not this was the trade-off for a more vulnurable x-ray that can be stuffed by lame sweeps, etc. but as of now there's not shit i can do about it even if i think/you think it was/wasn't nerfed. IMO it is now way less effective, and for someone who mains him exclusively(i dunno if you do or not) it's noticable. i'm not complaining about the invincibility frames at the beginning or middle of the x-ray.... i think they increased the vulnurability window at the end of the x-ray right when reptile slows down. he just seems to get knocked out of it more consistently than he lands it.... i'm not friggin' burning 3 meters just for a flashy-semi-safe-rush-down dammit!

colt

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Like I said before that part of his X Ray hasn't changed at all. The only thing that changed with it was it would not have the correct collision sometimes when his back was the to screen. However he does deep breath more after the patch.