What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
How do you punish Sector's TP when he decides to meter burn it for that extra hit at the end? Just played like 20 matches and I tried neutral ducking along with a bunch of other things. Theres too much pushback for my best forward moving strings. Nothing seems to work.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
How do you punish Sector's TP when he decides to meter burn it for that extra hit at the end? Just played like 20 matches and I tried neutral ducking along with a bunch of other things. Theres too much pushback for my best forward moving strings. Nothing seems to work.
you have to crouch block the air charge and hope you have a fast advancing move , also it doesnt get armour when you do it after a tele uppercut so just mash armour after a blocked tele if you keep getting charged

Bender

Product Manager. xBone tag: I3end3r.
you have to crouch block the air charge and hope you have a fast advancing move , also it doesnt get armour when you do it after a tele uppercut so just mash armour after a blocked tele if you keep getting charged
thx a million bro. my friend was just teleporting every second it seemed like and doing that and then whiff punishing my punish attempt lol

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
Hi! I seem to have found a meterless armor breaking setup with sektor post patch, it only works in the corner i am currently uploading a video. Is there any armor breaking setup that is known? I will post the video here as soon as it is uploaded.

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
It's me or did EX forward rocket change from plus on block to unsafe?
I just checked, i'm pretty sure they're still plus.
Edit: No, nvm what i said. I just checked and it's written to be -12, and the opponent is able to press a button very quickly after it hits.

Lokheit

Noob
I just checked, i'm pretty sure they're still plus.
Edit: No, nvm what i said. I just checked and it's written to be -12, and the opponent is able to press a button very quickly after it hits.
Yeah I'm eating slide reversals in the lab and I think you were at advantage before (could be wrong but I think it was listed as +20something before, maybe before it listed the first missile advantage but I think it was safer).

Between the weird hitbox against reversals (exploding before they should) and it being unsafe, the move loses some of its potential as armor bait breaker and chip damage application.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
How safe is it to end strings in close up missiles? Does it keep you safe from a follow up or is it super punishable. I haven't been able to tell really.

Lokheit

Noob
How safe is it to end strings in close up missiles? Does it keep you safe from a follow up or is it super punishable. I haven't been able to tell really.
It's mostly character specific, some characters got armored advancing moves that will get them out of the missiles range, some others could use a move that doesn't move them and still hit you. Probably many of Sektor's match ups are influenced by which characters can ignore the close missiles.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
Hella punishable. The only one that may keep you safe is b2 close up missles. But slides punish and maybe forword advancing strings. Mileena can roll and switch sides and rockets will wiff. Unless some changed in the patch its still prolly like that

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
It's mostly character specific, some characters got armored advancing moves that will get them out of the missiles range, some others could use a move that doesn't move them and still hit you. Probably many of Sektor's match ups are influenced by which characters can ignore the close missiles.
Damn, I was hoping I'd found something more than a gimick. I've yet to find a way to make strings safe outside of just finishing them out and zoning.

Tweedy

Noob
The amount of nerfing to Sektor's up rocket is bad imo, just shows how effective crying on TYM is. You get one name behind you, and the change is guaranteed. That thread that Reo made was bullshit, anyways. I guess there just weren't enough Sektor players to call him on it.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
The amount of nerfing to Sektor's up rocket is bad imo, just shows how effective crying on TYM is. You get one name behind you, and the change is guaranteed. That thread that Reo made was bullshit, anyways. I guess there just weren't enough Sektor players to call him on it.
No it was pretty bork.

myri

Time Warrior
Been learning this character for my secondary the past few days, does anyone know what the best way to get out of the corner against GM Sub is? Also just getting out in general?

Also how to start my offense?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yeah I was doing EX flamethrower but it doesn't always work, was wondering if there was a better option, especially one that doesn't cost bar.
Normal flamethrower. It goes through the clone and they need to block it. You can use it as a reversal and it's relatively safe. I think they can reversal slide but if they're respecting it then you can jump forward and kick or air dash.