What's new

General/Other - Sektor XL Sektor Discussion Thread

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
MU sounds tough in theory. Haven't played it enough with @bdizzle2700 to really say but I can see Mileena just raw rolling his gaps. And I'm sure she can punish any string followed by UM with roll. She probably outranges him, counter zones him to hell and on knockdown he has to be carefull of f12b4 and b12 to catch wu backdash.
She beats him in neutral. Can keep him at arms length because her sais recover too fast to tele on reaction. cant do missiles because low sai always beat it clean, even when she recovers from the sai, she's too low to even trade.

she spends no bar to do damage, so she will always have more resources than you. Rolls all the gaps, roll punishes certain moves clean.

Just a really really not fun matchup. Cyrax has it even worse.

How come no one just breaks armor with 2,1 in the corner.. The timing is strict but I'm doing it pretty consistently now and there is no reason not to.. If they get up blocking your'e still plus and they're left to deal with all of the options you have from the 2,1.. If they delay wakeup you'll recover to quick to be punished, and if they armor you'll break it and be plus 24 if you opt not to commit to the full string in which case you get a full combo.. you can do it off of any combo ending in 213 1112 but they can tech roll the 1112 and mess up the timing.. the fastest move i tried this on was 12 frames and i'm sure the high will wiff on sliding moves though

Yoaks

A spaceman
She beats him in neutral. Can keep him at arms length because her sais recover too fast to tele on reaction. cant do missiles because low sai always beat it clean, even when she recovers from the sai, she's too low to even trade.

she spends no bar to do damage, so she will always have more resources than you. Rolls all the gaps, roll punishes certain moves clean.

Watched your stream archive last night and saw the matches with Foxy. Yea I agree. No doubt in my mind this is a tough mu for Sektor and Cyrax.

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Watched your stream archive last night and saw the matches with Foxy. Yea I agree. No doubt in my mind this is a tough mu for Sektor and Cyrax.
I used to go a lot better against him when he let me reach the b12 range so i could play rock paper scissors with him. But now he doesn't let me get that close.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
gimmick : f212bb tele, 21, RC, 2bf1, (HKD) then f43 reverses wakeups , instead of f43 you can get uprockets out in this situation but fast advancing wakeups blow this up so know your opponents wake ups

Why do you think Cyrax has it worse?

Manticore

You will incubate my young!
So I realized Sektors f2 is a mid not high like the frame data says and is faster than the 14 frames listed there. Feels more like 11 frames. Is the frame data wrong?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I used to go a lot better against him when he let me reach the b12 range so i could play rock paper scissors with him. But now he doesn't let me get that close.
Let me know if you guys have any archives.. I don't have XL (PC Player) but I kan learn some theory fighting from it.

Manticore

You will incubate my young!

Can you please check this for me. I'm confused. F2 seems to be a 10 frame mid not a 14 frame high. Haven't seen anyone talk of this anywhere.

Ac3s777

Noob
I haven't been able to play much online but matches that i did play Mileena, Takada, and johnny are giving me the hardest time I'm learning the Kung Lao match up but if i cant poke out of certain area I'm boned when i get knocked down when I'm out of meter.

xSamuel

Player of All, Master of None.
So I was messing with Sektor in the lab and found that if you crouch block the tele then the follow up sky rush (or whatever it's called) goes overhead and is easy to punish. Is this known?

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
So I was messing with Sektor in the lab and found that if you crouch block the tele then the follow up sky rush (or whatever it's called) goes overhead and is easy to punish. Is this known?
Does this still occur with a slight delay in inputting the charge? For me I've been hitting these things on crouch blocks

Guys, I am having trouble with Sektor's air Tele /constantly/ whiffing. I'll watch the fist make contact with the opponent and it still whiffs! Has anyone else encountered this problem or found a way to help? Is my timing just that awful? Because I like to think I'm at least decent.

I'm labbing with Sektor and I'm wondering.
Do you guys tend to use F+2,1,2,BB twice in a combo?
I understand it's optimized for damage. However, after a tele I tend to follow up with 2,1 F+4,3xxEX Tele. /Then/ I use F+2,1,2,BB to get the restand.
It only sacrifices one point of damage and you still have a bar of stamina to back dash, etc.
Can you pressure enough with missiles and overhead rockets to keep them out while your stamina recovers?
Or is this MU/situation dependant?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
I'm labbing with Sektor and I'm wondering.
Do you guys tend to use F+2,1,2,BB twice in a combo?
I understand it's optimized for damage. However, after a tele I tend to follow up with 2,1 F+4,3xxEX Tele. /Then/ I use F+2,1,2,BB to get the restand.
It only sacrifices one point of damage and you still have a bar of stamina to back dash, etc.
Can you pressure enough with missiles and overhead rockets to keep them out while your stamina recovers?
Or is this MU/situation dependant?
Use f43 xx air dash for the meterless damage and f212bb for optimized bnbs with meter. For example F43 xx tele -> 21 -> f212bb ex tele -> f212bb xx straight rocket is 40. If you time it well enough its guaranteed otherwise they can crouch it but most of the time they dont so you get that extra 2% chip and the restand. For meterless f212bb xx tele -> 21 -> f43 xx air dash is 33% and leaves them full screen. You can get an extra 1% but it'll leave them close and you wont have as much frame advantage with f212bb xx tele -> 21 -> 21 -> f21 xx flamethrower.

I always make sure that I have the correct amount of stamina when starting my combo and I do it based on that.

And yes you can just play keep aways and play footsies after you deplete your stamina.

ryublaze

Noob
I didn't get to try him (with the exception of trying him at ESL) until this Saturday so I was a bit underwhelmed with what I noticed.

Unsafe overhead and low if he wants to go into a full kombo, up missiles with minimal (no?) block stun, straight missiles hit high, and lacking klose up missile enders...

I kan't believe I would miss MK9 Sektor...

How does everyone else feel about him? Any post-hotfix matches out there...?
@NKZero @LEGEND @PND_Ketchup @Red Raptor @GGA pimpimjim
I've only been playing him for a week but like others have said Sektor seems to be the most honest of the robots. He doesn't have much dirt, just a plain zoner and 50/50 character.

I haven't found any good up missile setups unfortunately. I usually just go for max damage or hard knockdown then go for 50/50. I usually end combos with straight missile, b3d4u3, b12+4 or air charge to send them fullscreen.

His zoning is decent. I think EX straight missile is really good cuz it covers the entire screen, armor breaks, does 6% chip and can convert with tele for a combo. The thing about up missile is that they can usually react to the start-up with a run and they're in. v.v

Also if you've got the meter, random teleports aren't bad to throw out lol.

quick question when sektor is pressuring you and uses regular up rockets does both standing 1 and f1 jail? I feel like they do cuz i can never armour out afterwards lol. maybe im just miss timing it.

also a statement.... triborgs standing 1 for anti cross overs is ridiculously godlike. I played a good one earlier and couldn't cross him up at all. He can almost hit you when your right above his head with it and because f212bb is silly, he gets a full combo punish for it (38%) for a bar...... just crazy lol, i mean, is there another character in the game that gets dmg like that off of an anti crossover? I thought dmg was generally scaled when you caught people in the air, but sektor gets great dmg for his trouble.

Last edited: