What's new

General/Other - Pretty Lady XL Pretty Lady Leatherface Discussion Thread

freerf245

11 11 11 11
F1 being a mid would make killer a crazy stu
Since his F1, F2 string is unsafe, I wish F1 was a mid. If that'll make it OP like Raiden's pre patch, just increase the frames by a bit. Or, keep F1 a high, but make that string safe. He needs it cus all of his projectiles are unsafe except for DB2 and mb, which are both high.

2, 2 might be safe and a few others but they're either high or really slow.
No f1 being a mid would make Killer crazy stupid. And a string with that much range deserves to be unsafe. Just do f12bf2 in pretty lady. There's a gap but atleast you won't get a guaranteed punish.

Ghost Police

#AusMKXLforESL
F1 being a mid would make killer a crazy stu

No f1 being a mid would make Killer crazy stupid. And a string with that much range deserves to be unsafe. Just do f12bf2 in pretty lady. There's a gap but atleast you won't get a guaranteed punish.
Isn't BF2 unsafe? plus it's a high, and that string doesn't lead to any damage. It's also -65 recovery lol, so can't really run in for more pressure, and it's got a gap like you said.

Since Pretty Lady doesn't have any safe/fast/mid starting strings, he needs something that's either a mid or somewhat safe that can potentially lead to some decent damage.

That's all Pretty Lady needs, otherwise he's got potential.

Last edited:

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Quick question: Where are people getting the notion that you need to pressure with him? Like seriously, when i'm in the lab with him he gives me no reason to think he can pressure and keep up the momentum.

Think of him like this:

• Zoning = Projectiles
  • Space Control = Long reaching normals
Thats all he needs. He basically a wall & your opponent has to approach, which is not a easy feat with projectiles & long reaching normals coming at them.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Playing him the way he's meant to be played is air downsaw, lowsaw, and b2 occasional ex straightsaw. But because of teleporters and characters like sektor with better zoning as well as a teleport full combo punish it doesn't work all the time and the lack of an upclose game really hurts against them

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Quick question: Where are people getting the notion that you need to pressure with him? Like seriously, when i'm in the lab with him he gives me no reason to think he can pressure and keep up the momentum.

Think of him like this:

• Zoning = Projectiles
  • Space Control = Long reaching normals
Thats all he needs. He basically a wall & your opponent has to approach, which is not a easy feat with projectiles & long reaching normals coming at them.
...and finally, if he reaches you..... DF4EX ¡¡¡ ,>30% dmg and lets begin :cool:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Playing him the way he's meant to be played is air downsaw, lowsaw, and b2 occasional ex straightsaw. But because of teleporters and characters like sektor with better zoning as well as a teleport full combo punish it doesn't work all the time and the lack of an upclose game really hurts against them
Yep the main problem with pretty lady is that in this game there are a lot of characters with options to counter zone ,teleport,or just good zoning and BETTER upclose game. Nrs gave all these tools to a lot of characters to prevent 7-3 and 8-2 mu's but because of that vartiations like pretty lady suffers. IMO there are twp options ,buff his normals nad give him some mids or leave how it is or even nerf but make his zoning game OP (faster start up ,less recovery,more hit adv )

themanDan

The saw is family
I just started to play this variation, so I'm not very good with it yet, but even with my lack of knowledge, I think it's safe to say this could be his worst one. There are just waaaaaay too many tools around his zoning (which doesn't really seem that great to begin with). Still fun though.

KeyserSoze

Fabled Villain
I see a lot of people suggesting that this variation is easily his worst. I'm not entirely sure I agree. I actually think he will end up being very good because he maintains some of the general strengths of the character (hit advantage everyhwhere!), while also offering some very good overall zoning. I've seen people downplay his zoning, but IMO, he is one of the best zoners in the game. More than anything else, I think his zoning is good, but non-trivial. He doesn't have one or two broken projectiles that one can just spam, but instead, has 5 solid ones that each have a designated set of uses.

Jaku2011

Filled with determination
Not sure if this is pretty lady exclusive but there seems to be a camera bug that zooms the camera out farther than normal sometimes and it stays zoomed out for the rest of the match, not exactly sure what causes it anyone else run into this?

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
I don't know if this is a thing or not, but Leatherfaces voice in this variation seems more high than in the others. I noticed this first after doing his first fatality on somebody online, and when he yells after he cuts the opponents upper half in two it seems higher in this variation than the others. Or maybe its random I don't know.

jharris

I'm not surprised, motherfuckers
I don't know if this is a thing or not, but Leatherfaces voice in this variation seems more high than in the others. I noticed this first after doing his first fatality on somebody online, and when he yells after he cuts the opponents upper half in two it seems higher in this variation than the others. Or maybe its random I don't know.
yeah hes fully embracing the pretty lady lifestyle

Sugarwatermixlegit

Bruce Campbell 4 MK!!!
yeah hes fully embracing the pretty lady lifestyle
That's awesome NRS did that. They really nailed the character, down to his personality. I always liked how Leatherfaces mask just depends on what he is doing or how he is feeling at that moment. None of that "His face is fucked up" shit from the remakes.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
the basic , but put DB2 for more damage .

i believe that Pretty lady has the biggest damage combos of them all (all variations)
You must know something that I dont because killer can do upper 40s anywhere on the screen lol.

I think it has the least damaging which makes sense considering its a zoning variation and you aren't likely to be pressuring them getting lots of combos anyway.

Hara-Killer

Reverse Salt
You must know something that I dont because killer can do upper 40s anywhere on the screen lol.

I think it has the least damaging which makes sense considering its a zoning variation and you aren't likely to be pressuring them getting lots of combos anyway.

Butcher can perform vortex combos , 40% meterless , Pretty lady with 2 bars can do 56% , but u r probably right im out of date on this % combos sorry my friend.