What's new

XBox One WILL NOT Work in Every Country

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. This console life cycle could last a decade. Good guy PS4 has melted your heart now, but you'll be downloading games in no time. You will whole hardheadedly embrace drm without even knowing it.

It's not a sprint, it's a marathon. This console life cycle could last a decade. Good guy PS4 has melted your heart now, but you'll be downloading games in no time. You will whole hardheadedly embrace drm without even knowing it.
Sure... it'll be a decade before africa gets XB1. Meanwhile ps5 and Wii us (or whatever they decide to call it) will be destroying microsoft in console wars.
They have to know this is an awful idea. No console sells more than 30 million in the US, much less if there's this much perception of disinterestedness. add a couple million in russia, the uk, and brazil, and there's no way they're getting over 40 in the next gen. meanwhile i dont doubt ps4 will sell 80 and wii u might have something similar.

coolwhip

Noob
Similar topic was mayo's about bad internet and some regions in his country not even having internet yet. This is a licencing issue. This issue is that microsoft wont even sell to the two biggest continents on the planet and a lot of other countries with gaming communities like argentina and greece
Is it the whole continent of Asia or just the far east?

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Word has it that between the countries in question, traces of Microsoft e-mailing their respective Sega HQ asking how to develop for multiple systems were tracked.

Stuck

Mid Tier Whore. 1 combo and a dream.
Sure... it'll be a decade before africa gets XB1. Meanwhile ps5 and Wii us (or whatever they decide to call it) will be destroying microsoft in console wars.
They have to know this is an awful idea. No console sells more than 30 million in the US, much less if there's this much perception of disinterestedness. add a couple million in russia, the uk, and brazil, and there's no way they're getting over 40 in the next gen. meanwhile i dont doubt ps4 will sell 80 and wii u might have something similar.
I'm not sure if it's the turtle neck or the baby, but you may have not understood my comment.

coolwhip

Noob
If you look at the map, the only asian country that's included is russia (but good like telling a russian person that she or he is an asian).
LOL this is retarded. I mean I had already set my mind on buying a PS4 but now I don't have much of a choice anyway. Oh well, that's hardly the worst thing to happen to the middle east.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
LOL this is retarded. I mean I had already set my mind on buying a PS4 but now I don't have much of a choice anyway. Oh well, that's hardly the worst thing to happen to the middle east.
Dude what are you talking about? The Xbox One will run just fine in any area of Lebanon.....

....Ohio. :joker:

(Someone had to do it. No hard feelings pal <3)

Art Killer B

[Mid-tier Humble-man]
Can you get your facts straight before talking? I mean, is that hard to check sources and look for information? You're on the internet!

Consoles are banned in China (what an irony, right? because the consoles are made there).
And not all the countries are/were supported at launch, no matter what console it was -good luck trying to buy a 3DO, a Saturn or even a SNES {officialy available until 2 years later} in Brazil at launch-.

The original Xbox took one year to be released in Mexico (too late for that country that's right below, and where the discs are made. Don't you think so?). Sony didn't have an official distributor for the PlayStation until 2007 (the launch price for the PS2 was $1500 dollars).

Xbox live you say? Man, that wasn't released for other countries until years later (launched in 2002, available in Mexico until 2004). Even apps, not all are supported for all countries. Countries like Argentina, Saudi Arabia or Turkey weren't officialy supported until last year!

Neither PSN nor XBL are supported in Uruguay, Cuba, Venezuela, most part of Africa (only South Africa is officialy supported), Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Kuwait...the list goes on.

PSN lists 63 countries as officialy supported, and even though, countries like Slovakia -to name one- have no access to the PSN store. How many for XBL? 41 (yet outsold the PS3).
And let's not talk about the Wii...

If there is someone to blame for, it's not Microsoft or Sony, but the laws, legislation and policies of your country. And yes, you, murricans.

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Can you get your facts straight before talking? I mean, is that hard to check sources and look for information? You're on the internet!

Consoles are banned in China (what an irony, right? because the consoles are made there).
And not all the countries are/were supported at launch, no matter what console it was -good luck trying to buy a 3DO, a Saturn or even a SNES {officialy available until 2 years later} in Brazil at launch-.

The original Xbox took one year to be released in Mexico (too late for that country that's right below, and where the discs are made. Don't you think so?). Sony didn't have an official distributor for the PlayStation until 2007 (the launch price for the PS2 was $1500 dollars).

Xbox live you say? Man, that wasn't released for other countries until years later (launched in 2002, available in Mexico until 2004). Even apps, not all are supported for all countries. Countries like Argentina, Saudi Arabia or Turkey weren't officialy supported until last year!

Neither PSN nor XBL are supported in Uruguay, Cuba, Venezuela, most part of Africa (only South Africa is officialy supported), Guatemala, Honduras, Panama, Kuwait...the list goes on.

PSN lists 63 countries as officialy supported, and even though, countries like Slovakia -to name one- have no access to the PSN store. How many for XBL? 41 (yet outsold the PS3).
And let's not talk about the Wii...
If there is someone to blame for, it's not Microsoft or Sony, but the laws, legislation and policies of your country.

Not having access to PSN doesn't mean that you can't play games.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
No big deal...they are not loosing on much money...China has only 2 BILLION people...it is ok
To be fair, China has really weird import policies. I don't even think the current Xbox is allowed to be sold there. Could be wrong. I don't think they're omitting China by choice.

Fromundaman

I write too much.
Between this and losing your games if you get banned from Live, I'm starting to think that the entire gaming department at Microsoft invested in Sony stock.

XBL live is still unsupported in my country I think. A few years ago a friend of mine created an account with a fake uk adress to make purchases and subscribe to live. His account got banned eventually because of the fake info

If this happens with XB1 the console would essentially turn into a useless brick. By being banned you would also lose all the licenses of the games you rightfully purchased, not to mention that you would not be able to use the console at all...