What's new

XBox One WILL NOT Work in Every Country

http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-wont-work-the-caribbean-many-other-countries/
Many of our users such as Under_The_Mayo have expressed concerns due to internet problems in their countries, but now Microsoft is saying that many countries won't even be able to use the device at all.
The map in the article above shows that some pretty major markets will be left out. Among those who will not be able to play XB1 are China, Japan, Greece, Argentina, and the entire continent of Africa.
What do you all think about this? Is it acceptable to do this? Will this doom XB1 to failure?
Discuss.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
http://www.gamesthirst.com/2013/06/12/xbox-one-wont-work-the-caribbean-many-other-countries/
Many of our users such as Under_The_Mayo have expressed concerns due to internet problems in their countries (Mexico and saudi Arabia, respectively), but now Microsoft is saying that many countries won't even be able to use the device at all.
The map in the article above shows that some pretty major markets will be left out. Among those who will not be able to play XB1 are China, Japan, Greece, Argentina, and the entire continent of Africa.
What do you all think about this? Is it acceptable to do this? Will this doom XB1 to failure?
Discuss.
Sounds like good business. If you're not up to stereotypical American standards, you deserve to be left behind...

is what I would say if I were a mindless twit.

KingShaz

In the Shadows
Many of our users such as Under_The_Mayo have expressed concerns due to internet problems in their countries, but now Microsoft is saying that many countries won't even be able to use the device at all.
Discuss.
Face it guys...Xbox:joker: just keeps getting better.

Sounds like good business. If you're not up to stereotypical American standards, you deserve to be left behind...

is what I would say if I were a mindless twit.
Even most americans arent up to sterretypical american standards. I'm mostly shocked that they had the balls to exclude and entire fucking continent though. In fact, if russia werent so damn big they would have excluded THE TWO BIGGEST CONTINENTS IN THE WORLD O_O

What will be in Microsoft's future now? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!

*Time gap*

And on this episode of Dragon Ball (Z) Kai, Halo 6 is nearing release on Sony and Nintendo consoles. Meanwhile, the Killer Instinct community enjoys great success on the PlayStation 4 and Wii U.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
We are already aware of this. I think I saw another thread where this topic was blowing up.

Nevertheless, this is ridiculous as fuck. One of the biggest drawbacks of requiring the Internet for a console to even run.

What will be in Microsoft's future now? Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z!

*Time gap*

And on this episode of Dragon Ball (Z) Kai, Halo 6 is nearing release on Sony and Nintendo consoles. Meanwhile the Killer Instinct community enjoys great success on the PlayStation 4 and Wii U.
you think xb1 will be microsoft's dreamcast? If so, i want ready 2 rumble boxing: Round 3 out on xb1, lol

We are already aware of this. I think I saw another thread where this topic was blowing up.

Nevertheless, this is ridiculous as fuck. One of the biggest drawbacks of requiring the Internet for a console to even run.
Similar topic was mayo's about bad internet and some regions in his country not even having internet yet. This is a licencing issue. This issue is that microsoft wont even sell to the two biggest continents on the planet and a lot of other countries with gaming communities like argentina and greece

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
Also Chile, but supposed to be available in 2014...
when in my country did not exist xboxlive-Chile service we all had foreign accounts and we could play without problems, buy content online and access all features of xboxlive, will this happen again with xbox one?

JaredL

Aww shit <REDACTED DUE TO FEELINGS> its Shapzam
Also Chile, but supposed to be available in 2014...
when in my country did not exist xboxlive-Chile service we all had foreign accounts and we could play without problems, buy content online and access all features of xboxlive, will this happen again with xbox one?

Nooope.

They check IP of origin.

SilverKeyMan

Dropping Combos like a MotherFucker!
Microsoft must be wanting out of the video game market, and this is their idea of a smooth exit.