What's new

XBLA UMK3 Tournament Discussion thread

So we don't spam up the other topic, if your going to express your opinion or just want to talk about your game Here's the place. Share what happened in your game, who your going to play next, ect.

Personally, Im out In the 1st round :(

I beat my Competitor In the practice rounds, but he beat me with Sindel. I can't for the life of me fight a good Sindel. I just can't. Between her scream, her air fireball, and her easy 40% I cant. I used Sub and Human Smoke and lost 0-2.

What about you guys? Where do you stand?

Enigma

Noob
It was pretty embarassing for me to get knocked out in the first round. I am definitely a far cry right now from when I was stomping (and freezing) my way to #94 on the leaderboards.

It didn't help that I faced an awesome Sheeva that had an ESP-like ability on when to use the teleport.

I definitely should have warmed up before I played. Those three matches were my first three of the day. I'll not be making that mistake again in the next tournament.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Wish I could have been in this :evil:

Oh well, perhaps next time. Would love to see some match vids though!!

I advanced to the 2nd round. I'm just hoping the unexpected lag doesn't occur against whoever I'm facing next as it has cost me several matches.

DarKNaTaS

Retired!
well right now i'm looking forward to certain out comes of some of the matches right now i'm really interested in is the match with sniper 216 vs W33ZY F BABY 06 this should be pretty interesting to see who wins as for my next person i have a feeling who it will be and its gonna be a very hard fight for my self if sahartist wins against Hawksicken. but u never know i never played Hawksicken so who knows but it will be tuff and lord hades x is still waiting for his match wanna see how far he ends up getting.

Enigma said:
It was pretty embarassing for me to get knocked out in the first round. I am definitely a far cry right now from when I was stomping (and freezing) my way to #94 on the leaderboards.

It didn't help that I faced an awesome Sheeva that had an ESP-like ability on when to use the teleport.

I definitely should have warmed up before I played. Those three matches were my first three of the day. I'll not be making that mistake again in the next tournament.
I wish I didn't warm up. It was HIS first game of the day, and I got Him in the warm up rounds :(

I uh, got the honor of playing sahartist first. I'd played him before, so before we even started I knew i'd get my ass handed to me. Needless to say, I did. He's good with everyone. -.-;

I lost, and I knew I'd be out in the first round. What sucks is that I could beat the guy I was matched with, but I blew it. Still had fun though.

Derek

Noob
kazlaz said:
when are we going to see who the winner is or did i miss this
We aren't even past the third round yet. I still haven't fought second round because the ThrowerChicago vs. KnuckleB match hasn't happend and that's first round.

Kazlaz

Noob
i guess i just need to learn patience then figured it wouldnt be a one night deal with all the people but how could i get envolved in the next one if you have one and how would i sign up

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
ILP we'll be running another one that will have more than this one, you can help if you want but let's not cross the schedules.

Kazlaz

Noob
no problem im going to have to get better i dont want to get stomped the first round 2-0
no offence if thats happend to anyone this go around sorry if it did
if so you just got stuck with the wrong person it was destiny

I really chocked. I won the first round and he switched characters (from Ermac to Sonya) and I really chocked.
I was Robot Smoke and I played quite poorly. My opponent was good (sniper 216), I'm not disrespecting at all, but I do think that I'm as good.

Great tournament, I hope to participate in the next one (and do much better :eek: )

My first match against MK vids dot net was pretty easy.. Even though he says I was lagging, I am fully confident I had over 3 green bars the entirety of the match.

In all honesty I know I wasnt lagging, and I even took note in the lobby screen that neither of us was in the yellow.

My match against moe on the other hand was insanely devastating.

While I am not a dominating force in this game, I pride myself on not falling into most traps, and not making general noob gameplay knowledge mistakes.

During this match however... It was like all of a sudden I developed some sort of Mortal Kombat induced retardation and was jumping back and forth like a monkey, and running right into his combos.