What's new

Tech - Boneshaper X-Ray Series: Shinnok Edition

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
Hi everyone, I've decided to start a series of videos portraying a deep look into the escapes from the trickiest set ups or pressure from all characters. The X-Ray Series is starting today with BoneShaper Shinnok as in my local scene I have a great opponent that I need to beat sometime soon; he wins our weeklies a 95% of the time, a 9th SCR 2015 placer, Nubcakes. Hence, the character I'm focusing on today.

Most things in here are already known but I hope this being in a video will remind everyone of such things and that it will raise awareness for the majority of the community when fighting a BoneShaper Shinnok so we level up together.

"I have a dream: The day where everyone in our community will armour through Hell Sparks. I have a dream!"

haha

Well, let me know what you guys think :)

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Love the meta-game this will bring. Shinnok will now have to make reads on opponents who know about their options against him. Good video, but you should know there is a gap between F224 canceled into most specials.

Airvidal

Love the meta-game this will bring. Shinnok will now have to make reads on opponents who know about their options against him. Good video, but you should know there is a gap between F224 canceled into most specials.
Thanks!

I checked the F224 and there's no such string, did you mean a different one?

STB Damashi

SmallBurntEarths
Thanks!

I checked the F224 and there's no such string, did you mean a different one?
Oh crap, yeah I was thinking his non-Bone Shaper variations haha. Yeah you're right the only string with a gap is 112*3, but 112 is -6 so I guess it can bait out moves 7 frames or faster. Solid video though, can't wait to see your upcoming videos on other characters. Even I learned something and I main Shinnok lol

Airvidal

Oh crap, yeah I was thinking his non-Bone Shaper variations haha. Yeah you're right the only string with a gap is 112*3, but 112 is -6 so I guess it can bait out moves 7 frames or faster. Solid video though, can't wait to see your upcoming videos on other characters. Even I learned something and I main Shinnok lol
haha :) And yeah, that string before the gap is actually -7. Still good for baiting, but I see no Shinnok doing staggers. About the upcoming videos, I'll go through the characters that I usually lose to at my local so: Acidic, Stunt Double, Grand Master, and today that I lost to the Star Wars lightsaber fool!! lol

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
its good, but again its all read based, a lot of those jumps or run ins, all shinnok as to do is delay slightly or move a bit before using hellsparks ;).

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
haha :) And yeah, that string before the gap is actually -7. Still good for baiting, but I see no Shinnok doing staggers. About the upcoming videos, I'll go through the characters that I usually lose to at my local so: Acidic, Stunt Double, Grand Master, and today that I lost to the Star Wars lightsaber fool!! lol
shinnok can do staggers? lol , i dont see how when he's so minus on everything, maybe once in a blue moon but not as a regular thing, maybe unless u like to bitch slap with s1 a lot.

Airvidal

its good, but again its all read based, a lot of those jumps or run ins, all shinnok as to do is delay slightly or move a bit before using hellsparks ;).
shinnok can do staggers? lol , i dont see how when he's so minus on everything, maybe once in a blue moon but not as a regular thing, maybe unless u like to bitch slap with s1 a lot.
Well, if you're trying to jump over or run through Hell Sparks yeah it's a read and I said so in the video. The rest can really force your opponent to block after his re-stands and or guess if you're gonna grab/armour/jump/backdash. These new options are great.
And even his bitch slap is negative so I wouldn't use it as a stagger if I played him lol

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
There is no character in the game that can jump out of his run f4 after the dark beam reset. It is a tight window for shinnok to hit, but if he does it right, nobody is jumping.

Airvidal

There is no character in the game that can jump out of his run f4 after the dark beam reset. It is a tight window for shinnok to hit, but if he does it right, nobody is jumping.
I was afraid this may be the case(me not timing it correctly), but even though I tried doing it over and over it was never tight enough for f4 to interrupt my jump out, so went with it. Thanks for the clarification.

I like my odds on the Shinnok player not meeting the frame window though :)

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
You would have to be making some hard ass reads to be doing anything after I reset you with the F221+3 lol.

Airvidal

You would have to be making some hard ass reads to be doing anything after I reset you with the F221+3 lol.
Hard read? No Shinnok respects that gap in frames after the re-stand. Why? 'cause people doesn't know or doesn't know the MU. Options are simple, armour, back dash, and jump over you. The read goes both ways, the way it's supposed to be.

Last edited:

oaoo94

Owner of HAZARDOUS Gaming
Hard read? No Shinnok respects that gap in frames after the re-stand. Why? 'cause people doesn't know or doesn't know the MU. Options are simple, armour, back dash, and jump over you. The read goes both ways, the way it's supposed to be.
You can still be conditioned to respect the restand though. No Shinnok will just restand you all day. Trust me I've played really good players, wound, bio, MA, etc and they've been conditioned before. Anything after F221+3 is a guess. Will I reset you with the gun? Will I Hellspark to set up zoning? Will I scoop you to gain positioning? Or will I simply just restand you in front of my face. You HAVE to be looking for the restand to get out of that. That is if only the Shinnok hasn't telegraphed his moves.