What's new

X-Men: Days of Future Past discussion (SPOILERS)

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
Movie was good. it beat amazing spiderman 2(that movie was shit). Quicksilver stole the movie and pretty much after his scenes the movie did kinda die down a little until the end battle. I actually thought the story is what made this movie so good. great cast of actors. Loved the nod to the old x-men movies at the end with jean and scott and the original beast. I rate it: 8/10, would definitely go watch again. If you are taking children to it be careful this isn't a normal pg13 movie, almost hit rated R. Nevertheless good solid summer film but I wouldn't say it's the best superhero film of the year, falls short just behind captain america 2.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
I also didn't like how they completely erased all the previous x-men movies. I mean i know that xmen3 was a fuck up but, I think they could have found another way to keep x-men 1 and 2 still apart of the history instead of basically starting new. Also I realized that the last wolverine movie is completely not explained. Like how wolverines claws got cut off yet he still has them makes no sense at all and its pretty much like the last movie was for nothing because they ended up starting over all together with this one. Also I don't know how they will do apocalypse since it takes place around 1980s or 1970s, at the end of this movie it shows wolverine wakes back up in present time so i'm guessing that they already beat apocalypse. idk alot of unanswered questions.

ando1184

Noob
I really really enjoyed it but I am kind of confused by the ending with the scene of mystique disguised as Stryker, so did wolverine go through the adamantium experiment or not?? I mean, if not then that would kind of destroy his origin story and make him a weaker asset imo.

ryublaze

Noob
It was awesome. Starting a new timeline was a great idea for erasing the events of the previous films. Though it felt a bit short, i would have liked if there was more action at the end. I'm probably the only one that didn't like the Quicksilver scene, idk i just thought it was lame when everything was going slo-mo and that music felt out of place, i felt like he was just in the film during those 20-30 minutes just to make the audience laugh. They could have used Quicksilver more in the film, like they could've used him to stop Mystique from shooting Trask... Also did anyone notice the four horseman behind Apocalypse at the end? I didn't see them in theaters but when I went back and watched it on Youtube they were sitting there in the background. I rate the movie 4/5.

Lou Kang

Noob
im usually one to not care for pot holes but can someone explain how prof X is in this movie when he clearly gets obliterated in the third movie.....

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
that doesnt explain why hes in his old body...
Ahh, no that doesn't. And I don't think he is in his old body. I believe he is in that other person's body, however, he uses his powers to mentally project his old appearance into anyone that sees him so that they can recognise him.

Lou Kang

Noob
Ahh, no that doesn't. And I don't think he is in his old body. I believe he is in that other person's body, however, he uses his powers to mentally project his old appearance into anyone that sees him so that they can recognise him.
is he also mentally projecting himself to be in a wheel chair then even though he should now be able to walk....i mean its a ridiculous situation that they just gloss over and I get your trying to provide some answer for it but bringing him bak in the movie was just plain ridulousness

Lou Kang

Noob
hes not even needed in the present timeline....all he really does is provide some words of encourgament for james mcivory or whatever....what was the need to just pop him back into existence

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
is he also mentally projecting himself to be in a wheel chair then even though he should now be able to walk....i mean its a ridiculous situation that they just gloss over and I get your trying to provide some answer for it but bringing him bak in the movie was just plain ridulousness
No I don't think so. The person he transfers his consciousness into was in a coma, which could well have been the result of an accident that also damaged this person's spine leaving them paralysed as well.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
Good points. Mystique's DNA made no sense to me either. I did think Colossus was going to play a bigger part to which is what I was really hype for. I did not get why they made Magneto into Magmoron either.

Also, why did the Past Magneto make that comment to Wolverine about the metal? How did he know?
He said "imagine if those claws were metal" . That should anwser your question

Last edited:

TotteryManx

cr. HP Master
I watched it yesterday. I loved it, some of you shouldn't over think a X-Men movie so much, especially when it is clear they wanted to erase the previous films and have a fresh start. From what I've been reading the next installment is suppose to be a lot bigger than DOFP because, well, Apocalypse.

Last edited:

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I loved it as well, minus Storm only being in it for a total of 5 minutes :(

One thing I don't get though, is how the past is presented to us as real time. Wolverine spent at least a week running around in the past, so was everyone waiting on edge with a bleeding Kitty for what seems like a long ass time while he did everything in the past? Or am I to believe that there was some form of "Inception" effect going on with the time?

Maybe I missed something, I dunno...

Lou Kang

Noob
No I don't think so. The person he transfers his consciousness into was in a coma, which could well have been the result of an accident that also damaged this person's spine leaving them paralysed as well.
so out of all the comatose people in the world he chose to inhabit some1 who was also paralysed....and not like some1 who was just in fine health....like i get your trying to make sense of it but all it shows is the movie forces us to grasp at straws on that point when they should have just given us a reason why or leave him out entirely...just seems they lazily shoehorn back in an old movie favorite whose original death was meant to be a pretty impactful scene of the trilogy that they just kinda erase for this movie

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
so out of all the comatose people in the world he chose to inhabit some1 who was also paralysed....and not like some1 who was just in fine health....like i get your trying to make sense of it but all it shows is the movie forces us to grasp at straws on that point when they should have just given us a reason why or leave him out entirely...just seems they lazily shoehorn back in an old movie favorite whose original death was meant to be a pretty impactful scene of the trilogy that they just kinda erase for this movie
No, this man was a special case in that he had absolutely no consciousness. Normal comatose patients still have a level of consciousness, albeit very low and sometimes intermittent.

DarkPage

Noob
Dude like I can say I haven't felt so disappointed after the movie ends since the village.
I usually try to enjoy movies no matter what but like dude I would 100% not watch this again.