What's new

WWE 2k14

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
weren't all the models in the TNA game the same height?

As for All Stars, weren't all the "power" guys just the best ones? lol I always loved using Hulk Hogan because it was practically impossible to avoid his finisher
Don't know about the height. All I know is that Booker (and all models) looked worlds better than even the current WWE game.

As far as All Stars go, it definitely depends on the character. Not all power characters are good. I believe the tier list is as follows:

Top Tier:

- Randy Savage
- Kane
- Big Show
- Bret Hart

Upper Mid Tier:

- Undertaker
- Randy Orton
- Jack Swagger
- The Miz
- Eddie Guerrero

Mid Tier:

- Drew Mcintyre
- Shawn Michaels
- Triple H
- CM Punk
- Hulk Hogan
- Jake The Snake Roberts
- Rowdy Roddy Piper
- Mr. Perfect
- Andre the Giant

Low Mid Tier:

- John Morrison
- Edge
- John Cena
- Stone Cold Steve Austin
- The Rock
- Rey Mysterio
- Sgt. Slaughter

Low Tier:

- Ultimate Warrior
- Ricky Steamboat
- Kofi Kingston
- Jimmy Snuka

Keep in mind, this list does not include the DLC, who are pretty much ALL monsters. Most notably Dusty Rhodes, Cody Rhodes, R-Truth, Mark Henry and oddly enough....Jerry Lawler. The initial version of Cody gave him a horseshit version of his Beautiful Disaster kick that tracked from ANYWHERE on screen and would hit multiple characters. They nerfed it a bit since then.

It's a shame this game didn't really catch on. It's incredibly fun. I was hoping there would be a sequel or at least some more DLC updates.

Sorry to derail the 2k14 thread. I saw someone mention All Stars (which I just played for the first time in a couple years this past weekend) and I felt compelled to comment.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
If someone wants to play on xbl feel free to add me , but I play only fair fights :p no overpowered caws :)
IMO this game is a lot better than 13 :) I want that NWO dlc pack already :p

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I ended up getting the game for XMas and played through the 30 years of Wrasssslemania and really enjoyed it. Good game and it is really improved from 13 in terms of difficulty and frame rate. Plus it has Razor Ramon which makes it a must get.

187x

Noob
I ended up getting the game for XMas and played through the 30 years of Wrasssslemania and really enjoyed it. Good game and it is really improved from 13 in terms of difficulty and frame rate. Plus it has Razor Ramon, hulk hogan and Savage which makes it a must get.

EdFig81

Original OBS mbr/VSM/G4S
Call me an N64 fan boy who loved all the n64 THQ/AKI wrestling games like WCW Vs NWO, WCW Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania & No mercy. I have played and owned almost every single smack down since PS1 and while i did enjoy the story modes for these games. I never licked the way smackdown feels compared to the N64 games. For the love of god is it that hard to program a get up move like on the old n64 games? When you use to get up off the mat you can hold the block button which would have your wrestler not stand up all the way. At this point you could A)Grapple B) Roll out of the way or C) use a strike move. Thats just one of my issues also.

Yeah i know i just said story mode and I meant it. Smackdown career mode use to have original stories for the games or stories that were similar to what was happening on TV but not 100 percent a direct copy. They would actually hire wrestlers to talk and add to the story.
The current Smackdown game's story mode/career is me re playing all the classic matches I don't really care to play with WWE/WWF footage from that story/era. I feel this is a rip and if i wanted that I would buy a DVD/Blu ray that shows all the old WWE stuff. I also could forgive the story if they really redid the game like the N64 ones.

EDIT: Me and all of my friends use to play N64 for hours at a time. We still play smackdown at times but to be honest we only play casually now and don't really get to deep into the game. Last 3 smackdown games after i beat story i played with my friends for an hour or two after and we just didn't care to much. I still to this day play the N64 games :)

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Call me an N64 fan boy who loved all the n64 THQ/AKI wrestling games like WCW Vs NWO, WCW Revenge, WWF Wrestlemania & No mercy. I have played and owned almost every single smack down since PS1 and while i did enjoy the story modes for these games. I never licked the way smackdown feels compared to the N64 games. For the love of god is it that hard to program a get up move like on the old n64 games? When you use to get up off the mat you can hold the block button which would have your wrestler not stand up all the way. At this point you could A)Grapple B) Roll out of the way or C) use a strike move. Thats just one of my issues also.

Yeah i know i just said story mode and I meant it. Smackdown career mode use to have original stories for the games or stories that were similar to what was happening on TV but not 100 percent a direct copy. They would actually hire wrestlers to talk and add to the story.
The current Smackdown game's story mode/career is me re playing all the classic matches I don't really care to play with WWE/WWF footage from that story/era. I feel this is a rip and if i wanted that I would buy a DVD/Blu ray that shows all the old WWE stuff. I also could forgive the story if they really redid the game like the N64 ones.

EDIT: Me and all of my friends use to play N64 for hours at a time. We still play smackdown at times but to be honest we only play casually now and don't really get to deep into the game. Last 3 smackdown games after i beat story i played with my friends for an hour or two after and we just didn't care to much. I still to this day play the N64 games :)
Yeah the N64 games were godlike. I like both systems to be honest. I think that the Yukes games are almost there, they just need some more refinement.