What's new

WWE 2k14

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Anyone here will play :D ? its out ina a few days :)
The roster is amazing , a lot of legends and basically the whole
will be in game :D Post here ur xbl gts so we can play some matches online ; )

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Why don't they make wrestling games like smack down hctp and nwo vs wcw revenge anymore? U know wrestling games that were actually fun.no I won't be buying this because it looks just as boring as all the other titles released since 2004.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Why don't they make wrestling games like smack down hctp and nwo vs wcw revenge anymore? U know wrestling games that were actually fun.no I won't be buying this because it looks just as boring as all the other titles released since 2004.

Because they're all sims now and they're meant to mirror real wrestling instead of being balls out crazy like the old ones. I miss here comes the pain :(

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Maybe the game itself haven't changed much over the years but dude ... WHOLE NWO will be there :p

187x

Noob
Me and my cousin are getting it, But he doesn't play online i will though. I love wrestling and the games. Cant wait!

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
me too man :( . wwe allstars had potential but they royally fucked that up imo.

I agree. It's missing that something that makes me want to play it all day. I still dig it out occasionally when I want to unleash Macho Madness, but other than that it just collects dust

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i hate 3 things about the wwe games

- no more body damage, that shit used to be so fucking tight

- HORRIBLE netcode, seriously, constant fucking lag and never more than 20 fps

- 70% of the moves in every single game are not satisfying to watch or flat out shit, no, a slap to the face real hard is not a finisher.

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
I always get hype for these games and end up playing them for a maximum of 3-4 days. Will not make the same mistake again this year...

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I always get hype for these games and end up playing them for a maximum of 3-4 days. Will not make the same mistake again this year...

Right? I always see the commercial, get hype as hell, buy it, play it for a few hours, and toss it aside. I wish they'd dump realism and go back to being fun

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
Right? I always see the commercial, get hype as hell, buy it, play it for a few hours, and toss it aside. I wish they'd dump realism and go back to being fun
Yeah I have 12 and 13 sitting here and even though they were kinda fun, they just didn't keep me wanting to play it at all which is a shame because everyone wants an incredible wrestling game again...

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
The only fun I've had playing a wrestling game since N64 days was WWE All Stars. That game was literally more of a fighting game, though. I have such broken tech with Big Show (who is without question top tier) in that game, it's ridiculous. His charge punch and finisher are absurd, as well as his stomp to boot kick that kicks you out of the fucking ring leading to free punch charge and meter build taunts. Anyway...back on topic...

WWE 2K14 looks awful, in my opinion. The graphics and character models just don't look good to me. Granted, it was a TERRIBLE game, but the models in TNA Impact from several years ago BLOW the models away in this game.

If the graphics were the only problem, I wouldn't care. Hell, my friend and I still play No Mercy now and then because it's FUN. These games (as someone said above) are fun for about a week MAYBE. The ONLY aspect of these games that is done well and makes you want to turn on your console to play it is the Create a Wrestler mode. Although....trying to connect to their server to upload/download other people's creations is a fucking nightmare.

I will not be getting this game for more reasons than I can possibly begin to explain here.

And I know I'm just another N64 fanboy when it comes to wrestling games, but I would literally remove my left ball and feed it to my dog for an updated version of No Mercy (the game engine, that is) that had the following:

- Updated roster
- Updated movelist
- Improved CAW mode
- Slightly faster gameplay
- Current generation graphics
- Kill Michael Cole mode

Finally, for those of you wondering what TNA Impact's character models look like in comparison, here's a shot of Booker T from Impact and Booker T from WWE 13. And yes, this is legit:

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
Just got the game today , didn't expect that I will get it so fast :p Played a few matches so far and Im not disppointed :) New chokeslam is awesome

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Just got the game today , didn't expect that I will get it so fast :p Played a few matches so far and Im not disppointed :) New chokeslam is awesome
Glad to hear it's fun! I might pick it up in a few weeks, but right now I'm having poor college kid problems. lol

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
The only fun I've had playing a wrestling game since N64 days was WWE All Stars. That game was literally more of a fighting game, though. I have such broken tech with Big Show (who is without question top tier) in that game, it's ridiculous. His charge punch and finisher are absurd, as well as his stomp to boot kick that kicks you out of the fucking ring leading to free punch charge and meter build taunts. Anyway...back on topic...
weren't all the models in the TNA game the same height?

As for All Stars, weren't all the "power" guys just the best ones? lol I always loved using Hulk Hogan because it was practically impossible to avoid his finisher

NB Semi Evil Ryu

Former Sub-Zero of the Midwest (2011 - 2015)
Within the first few weeks of All Star's release, I cracked the Top 15 leaderboards on Xbox Live in the 1-on-1 division. I was an absolute beast with Kane.