What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Wrong Frame Data

No, the frame data says what I'm saying though so I'm not sure what I'm not communicating.

Wait...
Are you a SF4 player? SF4 players have this weird thing where they call the "startup" the startup + 1 active frame, basically 3d ix notation.
Except instead of calling Tempest EX spin i5, they just call it 5.
Every other fighting game I know of (including the frame data in MKX) calls startup exactly that, just the startup frames. So the first ACTIVE frame is one frame AFTER the startup.
Nope, my copy of MKX show these frames: Tempest Lao EX spin (Cyclone) = 5 on Startup // Cutthroat Kano Upball = 6 on Startup

Hmm I'm on PC, did they get nerfed in a patch we don't have yet?

That is a massive nerf for Lao there are a LOT of -5 on block moves in the game.

Hmm I'm on PC, did they get nerfed in a patch we don't have yet?

That is a massive nerf for Lao there are a LOT of -5 on block moves in the game.
Well that is just it, it still punishes the -5 on block EX overhead we were talking about, that is why i am confused.

Maybe they should just just overhaul this chars frame data? If the in game frame data is right, pretty much everything he does is punishable on block. Isnt he supposed to be rushing oriented?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Maybe they should just just overhaul this chars frame data? If the in game frame data is right, pretty much everything he does is punishable on block. Isnt he supposed to be rushing oriented?
I think everyone's frame data is a bit wrong, so he's not alone in that regard. Though it is at the point where I don't trust most of his move list.

Kotal is not rushdown oriented though. More footsies and whiff punishing. It's kinda difficult to be pure rushdown when your fastest combo starting normals are 9 frames and most of those are punishable. He can make his normals safe in War God, but that doesn't really help Blood or Sun.

Edit: Accidentally had a quote from another thread in here :(

I think everyone's frame data is a bit wrong, so he's not alone in that regard. Though it is at the point where I don't trust most of his move list.

Kotal is not rushdown oriented though. More footsies and whiff punishing. It's kinda difficult to be pure rushdown when your fastest combo starting normals are 9 frames and most of those are punishable. He can make his normals safe in War God, but that doesn't really help Blood or Sun.

Edit: Accidentally had a quote from another thread in here :(
I thought his enhanced overhead frame data was wrong and even that was punishable lol

x-azeez

Bullet with your name on it
War God Variation.
-------------------------

1. His EX DB.1 shows in the frame data as 0 on block, but in reality it is -14 or more ... NRS need to fix this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Blood offering is useless :

A. They need to make it 30 frames faster to make it Viable ( to end the combo with it )

B. Or They leave the recovery the way it is, But give him -5- enhanced damage hit instead of -3- hits.

C. Or They leave the recovery the way it is, but make it cost only 5% instead of 10%
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. His B2 is a joke :

A. they should make it faster , OR

B. They leave it the way it is, But if it hits ... it bounce the opponent into a juggling state to combo

4. His Ex Sun Ray should have faster recovery

5. Make his DB.2 a bit safer but with less damage

6. His Axe throw should be faster by 15 Frames

7. Make his normals 1 or 2 frames FASTER would be nice