What's new

General/Other - Kotal Kahn Wrong Frame Data

Can we get a list going of all the frama data errors for Kotal Kahn?

EX DB1 in the War God Variation, showing 0 on block. Real frame data is (pending).

(EX)DB3 Up cancel in the War God Variation, showing +1 on block. Real frame data is around -6 on block. (Not punished by Kano Upball (6 on startup), and punished by Tempest Kung Lao Cyclone (5 on startup).

Last edited:
I figured it out last night, EX DB1 is two hits, the move that is 0 on block is the mid hit, not the overhead itself. I think its like -10 or even -18. Sub zero can punish with slide which is 8f. A lot of chains start high at 8f so yeah :( space it out though!

Hassun

Noob
You said the move gets punished, I assume you are using Tempest Kung Lao to test it. I wanted to test some stuff, but I didn't see the option. Seriously.
I would just do it yourself with the recording feature. You can then have the CPU play it back over and over.

StevoSuprem0

I'm gonna make this skill gap... disappear.
You said the move gets punished, I assume you are using Tempest Kung Lao to test it. I wanted to test some stuff, but I didn't see the option. Seriously.
When in practice, go into AI options and set the reversals to "On" and the reversal to "[whatever EX Spin is actually called in game]". Make sure it switches block to "Always". This will make the computer block everything you're doing and reversal with EX Spin whenever there is a frame gap.

Get outta here you troll.
Dude he's asking how to get Lao to punish him in training mode because Tempest Lao has the fastest move in the game, EX spin.

He doesn't mean he is testing Kung Lao, he is testing the safety of Kotal USING Kung Lao...

For example I found out db3[up] in War God is in fact -5 this way, because Lao can punish it with spin, but Kano cannot with up ball.

I figured it out last night, EX DB1 is two hits, the move that is 0 on block is the mid hit, not the overhead itself. I think its like -10 or even -18. Sub zero can punish with slide which is 8f. A lot of chains start high at 8f so yeah :( space it out though!
So how does the 0 on block on the final hit apply to entirety of the move? Isn't that the last hit, which should make the combo 0 on block instead of punishable?

So how does the 0 on block on the final hit apply to entirety of the move? Isn't that the last hit, which should make the combo 0 on block instead of punishable?
Not sure I dont make the rules lollll. But it does say mid hit if you look at it. It's all good though, it would be too good regardless.\

Monox1de

Noob
So DF2 says -5 on block ... does this mean since it takes 1frame to come out of block that kung lao tempest ex spin should not punish it?

Just a question based on reading here, nothing else.

Edit: Just tried testing it and he punishes f1b2xxdf2 between b2 and df2 bcus of the huge gap didn't even think about the gap

No, specials can cancel the coming out of block frame, so Tempest Lao just manages to punish it with EX spin.
How does this work? Shouldn't a -5 on block move be unpunishable by a move with 5 startup? Doesn't -5 / +5 = 0 ? Or is it a different calculation?

How does this work? Shouldn't a -5 on block move be unpunishable by a move with 5 startup? Doesn't -5 / +5 = 0 ? Or is it a different calculation?
5 frame startup means the first active frame is the 6th frame.

Another way of writing it would be "i6" which the 3d community often use.

5 frame startup means the first active frame is the 6th frame.

Another way of writing it would be "i6" which the 3d community often use.
Ok. My question still stands, how does a 5 frame startup, with the first active frame being the 6th frame punish a move that only has -5 frames? If the first active frame is also one different from the actual minus frames then it would be 0 on block, or - 6.

Ok. My question still stands, how does a 5 frame startup, with the first active frame being the 6th frame punish a move that only has -5 frames? If the first active frame is also one different from the actual minus frames then it would be 0 on block, or - 6.
It... doesn't? 5 frame startup would be Kano Ball.

Tempest Lao EX spin is 4 frames, so it punishes -5 situations.

Oh, are all specials in case of reversals actually 1 frame faster than what the frame data says?
No, the frame data says what I'm saying though so I'm not sure what I'm not communicating.

Wait...
Are you a SF4 player? SF4 players have this weird thing where they call the "startup" the startup + 1 active frame, basically 3d ix notation.
Except instead of calling Tempest EX spin i5, they just call it 5.
Every other fighting game I know of (including the frame data in MKX) calls startup exactly that, just the startup frames. So the first ACTIVE frame is one frame AFTER the startup.