What's new

Would you enjoy guest characters if they came in their own "pack"?

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
I'd make you a deal.

Kombat Pack 1: 5 MK characters, 1 guest.
Kombat Pack 2: 5 Mk Characters, 1 guest.
Kombat Pack 3: 6 Mk characters, 0 guests.

Voila! PERFECTALITY!

PS. Guest 1 being Fujin and Guest 2 being Havik (both characters were away from Mortal Kombat games for so long, they almost feel out of place, and could act like guests lol)

IceNine

Tired, But Strong
I don't really care for most guest characters, but I can tolerate them well enough. Predator was fun. I disliked how, due to the nature of characters chosen, they ended up not actually interacting with the cast at all - really kills some of the major appeal of a crossover. This was changed in Injustice 2, and hopefully the selection of guest characters in MK11, should they come, will allow for it as well.

ArcticTabasco

I wish I knew Kung Fu.
If guest characters were in a pack of their own, I'd probably not buy that pack, based on what kinds of guests there have been before.

However, I'm not 100 % against the idea of crossover characters. I'd just rather them not be such standout characters like all the movie characters so far have been - i.e. when you see Leatherface/Freddy/Predator on the screen, you immediately associate them strongly with a franchise of their own and can't help but to think "this guy is from somewhere else, they have their own thing, this is a 'special guest star' situation going on, this is a cameo".

I'm not entirely sure what characters could fit my view of suitable guest characters though. I feel characters from other fighting or action games would be more easily digestible. Like when Tekken 7 had Geese Howard, I thought that was cool. Something like that.

Rick from Splatterhouse. Joe Musashi from the Shinobi games. (Damn, I'm old...) Wolf from Sekiro for a contemporary franchise. I'd be more interested in something like that.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Shinnok greeting Jason with a droll announcement of "Jason Voorhees" never stops being exciting though.

It would save me some cash, but I'd still be ticked off NRS allocated resources to trash characters (assuming the choices are trash).

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
NRS definitely knows what they're doing because there is almost a 0% chance I would buy any guest characters if they didn't come packaged with MK characters.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think we get more DLC and higher production quality because the guests sell so well. And part of the reason guests are bundled with regular characters is because they will sell those other characters.

How do you get a ton of people to buy Atom and Enchantress? You package them with TMNT, that's how.

I think my problem with guests is not how they’re released but the fact they exist to begin with. Seeing how MKX had 4. I fear they will try to increase the number of guests for MK11. I’m so in love with MK lore and it’s characters that I want a lot of these characters especially 3D era ones to get their chance at redemption or to be expanded upon. There’s not too many franchises I can name where I think a series is so good that they don’t need guests. But MK for me is that series. The only time I think I’d be cool with it is if it were video game guests like Gears of War or something that matches the intensity MK brings.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Seeing how MKX had 4. I fear they will try to increase the number of guests for MK11.
I highly doubt that.

MKX - 4 Guests
Injustice 2 - 4 Guests

I don't see why they'd increase it. 4's a solid number for them. As long as there are more MK characters than guests then there are no complaints from me. (I'd rather see it 6 MK characters - 4 Guests. Although I wouldn't be mad at half and half) (Waiting for someone to say: "I'd RatHeR iT BE 10 mK CHaRActERs 0 GUeStS HAR HAR HAR HURRR HURRRRR I hate guests no thanks")

Lmao. The only reason I'd wanna see more guests is just so those people could have a crisis over it.

I think we get more DLC and higher production quality because the guests sell so well. And part of the reason guests are bundled with regular characters is because they will sell those other characters.

How do you get a ton of people to buy Atom and Enchantress? You package them with TMNT, that's how.
This. Everyone wants to be a brat but guests are the only reason your dream DLC character might make it in. No one's gonna buy your Havik/Fujin/Khrome/LiMei dream pack bro let it go. Couple some cool characters with the moneymakers and we all win if you aren't a spoiled baby.

Guests usually wind up being cool anyway.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
In the next DLC Pack, it is revealed that you, the player, is actually the next big Guest character.