What's new

Would you enjoy guest characters if they came in their own "pack"?

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
Imagine if NRS released a video of the first Kombat Pack content, and boom, all six are MK characters.

1 or 2 months foward, NRS releases another video, let's say 4 misterious figures... only to be revealed they're all guests.

Would you be ok with it?
Seems like a good ideia?
Or is it still "robbing MK characters slots"?

Personally I don't mind guests as long as they don't match the number of MK characters, so, if it's a KP of 4, let it be 3 MK and 1 guest, not 2 MK and 2 guests.

And to answer my own question, I'd be ok with it I guess. If I didn't like them I just don't have to buy the pack for myself.

To add on top of that, I'd like that KP characters only appear on the roster if I buy them... don't like to see characters I can't select on the screen.

Discuss.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
nope .... I would rather prefer that only 2 guests total could end being part of the game and no more .... but knowing NRS , they will do 2 KP, each one with 2 guests, same way they did on MKX, so .... :(

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Out of 12 characters I would expect 4 guests. I don’t mind them I just hope they have the same production quality as the rest. Did the Kombat pack fighters ever get altnerate costumes in mkx?

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
I personally don't care either way but people would still whine and bitch about that.

nope .... I would rather prefer that only 2 guests total could end being part of the game and no more .... but knowing NRS , they will do 2 KP, each one with 2 guests, same way they did on MKX, so .... :(
You mean each one with 3 guests? :) :DOGE

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Everyone bitching about guests almost immediately lmao.

No, keep them in the packs and make people who bought the Premium Edition (and hate guests) to have paid for them and then people who stay bitter to purchase DLC individually just to end up playing them online.

Out of 12 characters I would expect 4 guests. I don’t mind them I just hope they have the same production quality as the rest. Did the Kombat pack fighters ever get altnerate costumes in mkx?
No, but the guests in Injustice 2 had tons of gear and shaders just like the rest of them (Raiden even have a Black Lightning premiere skin) so I definitely expect them to do the same for guests here! So they're definitely gonna have the same production quality. I'd be surprised if they didn't.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Probably has nothing to do with the fact that this is a MK game and not a horror fighter right?

Smh. They sell, blah blah. Doesn't matter. Doesn't mean I want them in MK.

I'll do what I did in MKX. Purchase the characters individually just so I don't give money to stupid shit that doesn't belong in MK.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...

No, keep them in the packs and make people who bought the Premium Edition (and hate guests) to have paid for them and then people who stay bitter to purchase DLC individually just to end up playing them online.

No, but the guests in Injustice 2 had tons of gear and shaders just like the rest of them (Raiden even have a Black Lightning premiere skin) so I definitely expect them to do the same for guests here! So they're definitely gonna have the same production quality. I'd be surprised if they didn't.
Yeah I'd say with the skins & custom parts they kinda have to do more then past games right?

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Probably has nothing to do with the fact that this is a MK game and not a horror fighter right?

I'll do what I did in MKX. Purchase the characters individually just so I don't give money to stupid shit that doesn't belong in MK.
They'll still make more money off of them than they ever would off of pure and true MK characters. Even if you, and then 30 or so people on this forum who hate guests so passionately stopped buying them.

So, go ahead, don't give your money. They'll still be unbothered and will still make bank off of all the horror guests they put into MK games for the foreseeable future.

Yeah I'd say with the skins & custom parts they kinda have to do more then past games right?
Definitely.

But, none of the DLC had skins in MKX. They had gear and shaders in Injustice 2. It only makes sense that they'll have the same level of quality as the base characters when it comes to skins, shaders, and gear.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
To me I don't personally like guests over originals but I enjoyed Freddy, Predator, Alien.
As for would I buy them if I didn't like them? Absolutely, because i won't put myself at a disadvantage by not getting them. I have to buy them since I want to properly learn the matchups, punishers, gaps my characters options against the most used tools of this and as tek is released from players who cracked them I'll need to find counters.
I think many are being dishonest I guess they could play with friends to learn matchups but not to the degree they would if they owned the character.

I personally believe there will be 4-6 guests out of the two Kombat Packs consisting of 6 DLC not including Shao Kahn.
We know of Shang Tsung but not the other 11.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Word. Yeah I wasn’t even thinking about the gear. That makes it even harder to pick a good guest character lol.

I like Ash Williams the most, he fits. Boom stick and chainsaw. Maybe botched necronomicon spells lol. That would be hilarious to me, that could be why he is there to begin with. For skins he could have klassic, s-mart uniform, old ash, young ash. He could have the clone attacks. Severed hand attacks. Would be great and they could get Bruce Campbell to do that easily. If you can get Rousey and Tagawa then you can get Bruce Campbell.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
It doesn't really matter to me. Guests or no... I'd have to buy both packs anyway to lab against the guests.

There's a substantial disadvantage there in tournament play when you don't know your match ups vs guest fighters because you opted not to spring for that pack.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
I love guest characters. The care and dedication shown to them by NRS so far has been rather wonderful. From the Alien Queen Fatality to Jason Voorhees flinging his victims around like he would in his movies, it all works for me. I wish Freddy could have had more dialogue. I'd like NRS to bring him back with Robert Englund in the role.

Resistible

MK fan since '92
This might be unpopular, but perhaps they should create two Kombat Packs for a later date. Kombat Pack 2 and Kombat Pack 2.5

Kombat Pack 2 includes only MK characters while Kombat Pack 2.5 has only guests. When a person buys one pack it locks them out from buying the other for one year.

They could use the sells data to record how many people bought the Guest pack over the MK pack and vise versa giving them a solid reference of what the community wants for future installments.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew

You wouldn’t buy spawn?

Gamer68

Fujin!
Selling players a $100 version of the game, only to come out like 1-2 months after the game is out to tell them that they will need to buy another four characters separately would already be pretty bad, but to also say that no guests like Spawn, Terminator, or whoever aren't included in the Kombat Pack that was sold to them at such a bulky price would only make things WAY worse for a lot of players. I don't care for guests too much, but a lot of people look forward to them -- especially casual players.

I think it's best if the Kombat Pack included both MK and guest characters, then after all the DLC characters have been released, they can do Kombat Pack 2.