What's new

Would you buy the Alien if it was a DLC kharacter?

Enenra

Go to hell.
<---I am a huge Aliens fan. Screw Predator, I'll take the black nightmare from space any day. Since NRS is including characters like Freddy Krueger, and therefore more than likely Jason, I see no reason why we couldn't have a xenomorph tearing through ninjas and gods. I would happily pay 20 bucks on the stingiest of days to get my hands on an Alien and go into the lab.

Here is the best part: I can't see how the Alien would be anything less than top 10 if they stick to the movies' canon. The Alien would be very mobile, the tail would add range to it's attacks and extend melee range to say outside sweep distance. It could spit acid to do some light zoning, but flourishes inside. Think of Smoke-JC-Sonya-Reptile being combined into one character, in terms of mobility and pressure. The Alien could have a Skarlet style side to close distance, and then great walking speed and dashing. It's "headbite" could serve a purpose like JC's nut punch or Ermac's F4. Its weakness would be to zoning, as no one would want a piece of the alien up close. At the same time, the mobility and an acid spit like Reptile's would make the Alien an improved Johnny Cage, Jax, Sonya type character with real mobility on the ground.

I know for a fact that shit would sell, Aliens has a huge die hard fan base. I personally know people who would buy MK9 just for the Alien. I'd buy that shit for 'em if they would support the kommunity, NRS, and the kharacter. That's how serious I am.

So, now that my humble request to the big wigs of NRS is komplete (I'll work on designing it for free btw ;)), would the kommunity support the intrusion of a guest kharacter such as this?

GGA soonk

ĜĞÅ §ººñ|<®©™
Can I walk on walls and the ceiling and shit? I can see potential for some cool fatalities, though. Maybe they should just make a fighting game with all these badass movie characters.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
Fictional characters that should be in a DLC:
Ripley
Terminator
Jason Vorhees
Predator
Darth Vader
Hannibal Lector
Issac Clarke (Dead Space)
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
And last but not least, Krato...wait nevermind....

Enenra

Go to hell.
Fictional characters that should be in a DLC:
Ripley
Terminator
Jason Vorhees
Predator
Darth Vader
Hannibal Lector
Issac Clarke (Dead Space)
Ash Williams (Evil Dead)
Pyramid Head (Silent Hill)
Marcus Fenix (Gears of War)
Ezio Auditore (Assassin's Creed)
Solid Snake (Metal Gear Solid)
And last but not least, Krato...wait nevermind....
I don't get Ripley, Terminator, Hannibal, Isaac Clark (though he is another of my fav kharacters), Marcus, Ezio, or Snake. They don't strike me as someone who could tear into a shaolin monk, a ninja, a thundergod, etc with their bare hands. Some don't even seem like they would fight hand to hand, and poor Stryker can tell you MK fighters take bullets like champs.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
I don't get Ripley, Terminator, Hannibal, Isaac Clark (though he is another of my fav kharacters), Marcus, Ezio, or Snake. They don't strike me as someone who could tear into a shaolin monk, a ninja, a thundergod, etc with their bare hands. Some don't even seem like they would fight hand to hand, and poor Stryker can tell you MK fighters take bullets like champs.
Meh, i was just spouting characters that would catch my interest. The only one that i actually think is cool is Pyramid Head. Damn that would be awesome if he was a DLC. Major hitbox issues though lol.

Enenra

Go to hell.
Meh, i was just spouting characters that would catch my interest. The only one that i actually think is cool is Pyramid Head. Damn that would be awesome if he was a DLC. Major hitbox issues though lol.
That's true, but he would be cool. Not as cool as an Alien though ;)

Mothmonsterman0

Mortal Kombat is NOT dead.
I know he's not a moive character, but cloud from ff7 would be amazing, and you can just imagen a omaslash fatality O.O, and he would have meteor as a projectile.....just eipc

If they add in too many dumb guest characters then it's not going to be MK9 anymore. It's going to be MKvsWB.

Plus the game's supposed to be complete with the komplete edition. imo any other DLC should be auto-banned from tourneys and treated exactly like Kratos is: like a joke/not serious character. In addition, fixing the training mode should be a much bigger priority than releasing any new characters that will just bring more bugs they will have to patch.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
If they add in too many dumb guest characters then it's not going to be MK9 anymore. It's going to be MKvsWB.

Plus the game's supposed to be complete with the komplete edition. imo any other DLC should be auto-banned from tourneys and treated exactly like Kratos is: like a joke/not serious character. In addition, fixing the training mode should be a much bigger priority than releasing any new characters that will just bring more bugs they will have to patch.
Wouldn't be saying that if they released Stryker's long lost little brother.

Durtis Stryker.