What's new

Would you be okay with MK12 being a legacy title from MK11?

MK12 being a legacy title?

• Yes

Votes: 15 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 48 59.3%
  • Undecided, depends on how good MK11 is by the time it's done.

Votes: 18 22.2%

• Total voters
Not to mention that the engine itself has come a long way since then. I think people forget how much has been updated+improved since then.

This is why I think it’s far more useful/realistic for people to just list individual mechanics and gameplay elements they’d like to see. If you want more combo variation and pokes to be more negative, etc, just say that.
but people have been saying that and there has been absolutely no community response from anyone at nrs other than maybe ed

armani

Noob
if they hired someone other than paulo to handle game balancing, and maybe hired someone who knows how to do fight design, then we’d have something going for the game.

please kill the variations.

what would also be amazing is if they added in legacy moves from MK9 & MK11 using the current engine. SC6 achieved this SUCCESSFULLY, and MK can do the same.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
but people have been saying that and there has been absolutely no community response from anyone at nrs other than maybe ed
I mean, they won’t directly come out and say “We did stuff you guys wanted”, but there are a bunch of key things in MKX that people wanted for a while.

For example, people requested cutting back on gratuitous armored launchers and 50/50s and bringing back a more footsie-based game in the neutral. That’s exactly the direction they went in from the last MKX match through to MK11.

I mean, they won’t directly come out and say “We did stuff you guys wanted”, but there are a bunch of key things in MKX that people wanted for a while.

For example, people requested cutting back on gratuitous armored launchers and 50/50s and bringing back a more footsie-based game in the neutral. That’s exactly the direction they went in from the last MKX match through to MK11.
but that was right at the end of mkx's life. could at least get a simple hey guys we're listening to your feedback, compiling responses, and maybe hit you guys up with some sort of community update maybe kombat kast community update

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
but that was right at the end of mkx's life. could at least get a simple hey guys we're listening to your feedback, compiling responses, and maybe hit you guys up with some sort of community update maybe kombat kast community update
I think the tricky thing is that as soon as you say that, people start power tripping and thinking that every word they say is going to be taken as gospel by the development team.

Gamer68

Fujin!
I think the tricky thing is that as soon as you say that, people start power tripping and thinking that every word they say is going to be taken as gospel by the development team.
Communication at NRS could definitely be better.
  • Didn't show gameplay until the game was 3 months away.
  • Didn't tell us what Kombat League was until like a week before it was out despite it being shown in-game for almost two months.
  • KL also got delayed like 3 times without any explanation.
  • Only revealed a PORTION of the Kombat Pack with Shang's trailer.
  • Revealed the full Kombat Pack AFTER Shang and Nightwolf were already out.
  • Ash Williams, Sheeva, and Fujin leaked before the game was even out be we still don't know 100% if NRS is planning on supporting the game with multiple Kombat Packs.
  • Developers don't really show up here or even on Reddit anymore.
  • Some devs are active on Twitter but don't respond to community concerns.
I know there are reasons behind some of this, like how Joker replaced Ash Williams in KP1. So they probably couldn't tell us because they were still in the process of figuring out what characters were actually going to be in it... but that's not a good thing either. NRS was literally selling what is more-or-less a Season Pass with the game already out before they even knew what characters they would be making for sure.

There are some weird management going on at NRS this time around. I also remember hearing how studio culture was becoming terrible, weird decisions were being made, employees not being paid (or something like that), borderline abusive meetings were happening, etc, etc. Obviously none of that was confirmed, but I remember seeing a surprising amount of industry developers accuse NRS of that behavior and I'm pretty some journalists were even making some stories about it.

I'm getting kinda off-topic but basically their silence can be annoying but beyond that, it actually has some worrying implications regarding the studio.

Nah those are just clowns that need to be filtered out. Even the for Honor team addresses the players that play for balance