What's new

Would you be in favor of MKX adopting a point system rather than record system?

Would you prefer a skill point system over a win/loss record system?

• Yes

Votes: 26 86.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 13.3%

• Total voters
Personally, I've always thought online W/L tracking, and to a lesser degree Trueskill/point systems, are entirely stupid. They only exist to inflate egos, but the numbers aren't actually representative of your worldwide rank if you are always playing with the same people from your friends list or against random online noobs. It also introduces the problem of many people playing to preserve their records rather than for challenge, fun, or competition, and so ragequits and challenge refusals become a problem.

They should be tracking records in ranked for people who want that kind of thing, but there should be NO tracking for player match.

learis1

Guardian Cadet
I'm confused here -- it IS based on a point system. You see them on the leaderboard, and that's what the rankings are done by.

There's no need to be overly sensitive about wins and losses when that's not what you're ordered by in the first place.
Hmm, you're right there is a score system. I guess I never noticed it before, my bad. I'd just rather it show your score then instead of win/loss during matchmaking. It would make people care way less about getting a loss. But that's just my opinion.

I'd rather have a proper ELO system.
Shit is made for chess players, would work perfectly with 1v1 fighting games.

Of course it's all worth shit with the netcode they put into this game, so who cares?

Seemed to me you'd get more points from bashing 40 noobs in a row than winning against good players.
Which doesn't make any sense if it's in fact an ELO system.

ZeZe

The smart stuff!
I think I know where OP is coming from. This is mentality issue more then how accurate this system really is. People will be more eager to decline match if they see win/loss and winning chance percentage flashing in their faces. If it tells them you have 1% chance, they gonna quit and unfortunately lots of them give a big fk about their stats even if it's common knowledge that this game can be only seriously played offline due to freaking poor netcode. If they see some kind of point measurements which is less obvious, there wouldn't be this many declines and people here wouldn't have to make threads asking how to reset personal online ranking stats. It is all in the head. And heads of most ppls are messed up. ;)

Heartwire

Awesomesauce
As long as they would put in some sort of failchecks in order to prevent boosting, a point based system would actually work better if you ask me.
The lower ranked people you'd fight the less points they would give you, and visa versa if you fight higher ranked players with more points.