What's new

Would this game be considered broken? What do you think?

RoGE

Noob
I think its not because you would not see those kind of infinite combo's a lot playing other people, only kung laos and strykers but some of the other ones can only be used on certain people and those are hard to accomplish.

My point is, if the game was truly broken, then it would turn into who ever does the 100% combo first wins like in MKD (I don't hate it since I play it to have fun not to abuse the 100% combos).

Well, I consider a game broken when you can do that dumb corner crouching LK shit.

I don't think I've seen anything in arcade UMK3 that would make the game so bad where it would be broken and unplayable because of a looming risk that the person you're playing against is going to pull off something like the crouching corner LK thing.

RoGE

Noob
StuScotsLazyEye said:
Well, I consider a game broken when you can do that dumb corner crouching LK shit.

I don't think I've seen anything in arcade UMK3 that would make the game so bad where it would be broken and unplayable because of a looming risk that the person you're playing against is going to pull off something like the crouching corner LK thing.
I think thats only the sega version, I am referring to the arcade.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
UMK3 is the most balanced game in the series. It's one of the more balanced 2D fighters in general. There are some broken aspects, but none are as abusable as things in many other games.

Derek

Noob
Shock said:
UMK3 is the most balanced game in the series. It's one of the more balanced 2D fighters in general. There are some broken aspects, but none are as abusable as things in many other games.
QTF!

dreemernj

Ambassador
I think it could end up broken if it was focused on in a certain way. The infs, big combos and high level strats used in other games (especially in Japan) are often so difficult that if the japanese fighting game community decided to pick up UMK3, you would see infs and 100%ers constantly. But, that's never ever going to happen, so we're safe :-D

the different character sizes and shit help alot, some infs dont work on everyone and thats a big difference with other games

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Most infs don't work on everyone. There's only a few universal infinites.