What's new

Would MKX be more popular

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I find all these characters from the anime fighters really cringe like whats the obsession with pre-teen schoolgirls. Bit weird.

Different cultures i guess.

Mortal kombat has always appealed to me for the simplicity and combos.

Its not worrying about 82 different blocks and 1 frame links, its more read reaction heavy.

I dont think having a perfectly balanced game at the start is necessarily a good thing. Patches which switch up the meta keep things fresh. As long as you're not left in the final version of the game with a lot of stupid characters and the patches during its life are fairly frequent.

Personally think though it may be more balanced this patch its slower and more boring to watch.

Half the strong characters are dull as fuck to watch.

Props to tweedy for top 8 in kombat cup but legitimately 90% of his damage was from ex df4 and 421 teleport mixes. Just an example there are plenty of characters who bad offenders
So from what I gathered, you rather enjoy broken stuff and it's more fun to watch? Please tell me I'm misinterpreting this post

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
So from what I gathered, you rather enjoy broken stuff and it's more fun to watch? Please tell me I'm misinterpreting this post
Wigy just loves to mix it up and hates any character that can safely play keep-away. Its not about broken or unbroken. Its about fun and not fun.

@Wigy - I apologize for speaking for you, but I tend to think the same way. I'm fine with zoning as long as it isn't fool-proof or brain-dead.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Wigy just loves to mix it up and hates any character that can safely play keep-away. Its not about broken or unbroken. Its about fun and not fun.

@Wigy - I apologize for speaking for you, but I tend to think the same way. I'm fine with zoning as long as it isn't fool-proof or brain-dead.
I'm not understanding what that would have to do with balance and apparently this game being "boring"

Wigy

There it is...

Quote me hating on kitana or pyro or hqt's keep away?

Didnt even mention possessed as a keepaway. Im speaking about how his entire gameplan is reaaaally samey. Go watch his game vs revet.

Its one string into teleport and df4 ex over and over and over. Nothing against him thats the game, but its boring to watch and its what we're left with.

Revet plays pyro and i think its great, he plays very entertainingly. Its not that i hate keepaway. Its brainless 95% get off me. Possessed effectively has a 1 bar overhead pushblock thats plus on block lol.

Wigy

There it is...
Theres a middle ground. I dont want tanya ceo but at the same time i dont want dial-a-plus-on-block-halfscreen-overhead-that-hits-behind.

Reactions: GAV
honestly as an outsider, in the nicest way possible, i think it's 'cause nrs games are considered a joke by most of the competitive fgc. tournament numbers for NRS games are oddly consistent, so i suspect it's mostly a particular group of people who somehow enjoy playing NRS games competitively. i think most people who play NRS games competitively were simply drawn towards the game itself, and then they enjoyed the game enough that they wanted to compete, whereas people who play xrd, sf, skullgirls or KI were drawn towards the genre itself.

i say this because mkx is fraudulent on a lot of levels, and many fundamental 2d fighter skills are non-existent for this game. so, people who are serious about fighters, but aren't NRS fanboys already, will generally avoid this game for competitive purposes.

then include how many balance adjustments there are, and how incompetent NRS are when it comes to actually balancing properly, and you end up with something that's considered half a joke by most of the community.

GAV

Quote me hating on kitana or pyro or hqt's keep away?

Didnt even mention possessed as a keepaway. Im speaking about how his entire gameplan is reaaaally samey. Go watch his game vs revet.

Its one string into teleport and df4 ex over and over and over. Nothing against him thats the game, but its boring to watch and its what we're left with.

Revet plays pyro and i think its great, he plays very entertainingly. Its not that i hate keepaway. Its brainless 95% get off me. Possessed effectively has a 1 bar overhead pushblock thats plus on block lol.
Actually, I was thinking more about your posts on GM. My post wasn't meant as a jab because we are usually in agreement.

Hating repetitively braindead keep-away must just be me then. :p

I believe that there is a skill gap between the pure zoning pros and the well rounded pros that was created by a lack of balance in past games. The well rounded players had to work harder in past games. Zoning is no longer the way and neither is rushdown. Finding a balance between the two is the way to play MKX and Sonic Fox has achieved that best.

Wigy

There it is...
@GAV

Never played 50/50 characters.

Played cage last game and i played him this one.

I like him as a character and his design. (See avatar lol)

I play bo now cause ive more or less given up on this game

If i was mad for 50/50s there would be characters i would 100% pick more.

We've gone from brainless offence to some characters having brainless defence. Just my 2 cents but people can disagree.

Reactions: GAV

Wigy

There it is...
Actually, I was thinking more about your posts on GM. My post wasn't meant as a jab because we are usually in agreement.

Hating repetitively braindead keep-away must just be me then. :p

I believe that there is a skill gap between the pure zoning pros and the well rounded pros that was created by a lack of balance in past games. The well rounded players had to work harder in past games. Zoning is no longer the way and neither is rushdown. Finding a balance between the two is the way to play MKX and Sonic Fox has achieved that best.
Not even guna argue.

Subzero is a fucking garbage braindead flowchart piece of shit. Needs to fuck off and die.

Yes. Anyone who wants to can call me out on that i dont care.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
if mkx at release had this versions balance would MKX be a much more popular game comparable to capcom games
or
is NRS community too small that we could have a near perfectly balanced game and still would be small in comparison to capcom games?
i dont think so. as far as sales go, tournament players make such a small percentage of that number and the average gamer doesn't have enough fighting game sense to understand whether a character or strategy is weak. as far as tournaments go. most of peoples gripes with mkx that don't play it are mostly with how the game's engine is instead of the balance.

MKX had a really big release but it could have been bigger if the netcode was up to par.

Another big factor that needs to be addressed is the amount of patching. We are used to there being constant patches when we deem something is broken. We originally said that we should wait on patching before the games release but that didn't happen. I feel we need time to explore all of the options when the next release happens.
This would help retain players.

Also you cant expect people to support a game for the good of the community. They have to like it. The more fun the game is the more turnout and support you get.

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
* Capcom is a Japanese company
* Japan has a population of ~126 000 000
* Japan's surface area is 377 972 km²
* So Japan has about 333 people per km²

* NRS is an American Company
* The USA has a population of ~322 000 000
* The surface area of the USA is 9 834 000 km²
* So USA has about 32 people per km²

Why is it that California has the largest competitive gaming scene in the US? It's the population density. Connect the dots people.

GAV

* Capcom is a Japanese company
* Japan has a population of ~126 000 000
* Japan's surface area is 377 972 km²
* So Japan has about 333 people per km²

* NRS is an American Company
* The USA has a population of ~322 000 000
* The surface area of the USA is 9 834 000 km²
* So USA has about 32 people per km²

Why is it that California has the largest competitive gaming scene in the US? It's the population density. Connect the dots people.
It is also the culture. Its cool to be a gamer in most Cali circles. That's just not the case throughout the U.S.