What's new

Question Would characters having certain passive features make the game more balanced?

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
Say for example
Baraka did damage over time bleed damage with certain moves
Stryker took half damage from projectiles because of his bullet proof vest
Sheeva took 25% less damage because she's huge and tough.
Kenshi got migraines from using too many mental powers
Kabal got tired after too many NDC's lol.
ok so the last 2 I'm kind of joking but you get the gist.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Actually fuck yes, id love that type of gameplay mechanics because it would work very well within mk.

Yes. Actually sounds decent.

Persona 4 Arena has this, characters have DoTs. Aigis gets tired after using her Orinaga mode, which in that mode she's kinda OP, well, that's what's makes her Top tier.

Noob saibot clone damage scales differently because its another person?
All robots do extra damage because robot?
I think that the sheeva and baraka ones would be really great ideas to help bump them up.

Frostbarrier

I Protect The Fridge!
Funny how the first 3 posts responding to this have "actually" in them, lol.
because the post is actually cool and ... great minds think alike? ... I dunno actually XD

and yes it'll be awesome to have something like that goin' on :D

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
This is a great idea. It is stupid how Baraka has blades for arms and yet has mediocre damage.

Reactions: RYX

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I certainly think it would add an interesting dynamic to the game that may even up some of the gaps in speed/hitboxes ect of some chracters.

McNasty

Moist.
Different health values for each char and a good universal defensive move like just frame blocking builds meter and grants pushback would greatly benefit the series imo.

I want kabal to have akuma-like health and sheeva to be more like t.hawk

NKZero

Noob
Imagine Kung Lao only getting one hat toss. Too many spins make him dizzy (imagine Yoshimitsu). That would be entertaining to say the least/.

Really innovative idea. I don't know if I am a fan of changing the way MK is at this point because I really like how this one turned out, but it's a clever idea for sure.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Imagining Skarlet life recovered with every blood pint she takes from the opponent....

no thanks lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
Imagining Skarlet life recovered with every blood pint she takes from the opponent....

no thanks lol
shang already has a bit of lifesteal on his throw...thats pretty unique :).

Sonya should trip n fall on her face after doing too many MS stances o:

Yes, this makes sense and is similar to what they do in Street Fighter and MvC. Different characters deal and take different damage depending on their size and strength...which...MAKES SENSE! But really, what is MK without the universal percent combos every character can deal on each other. You're 20% Sub combo would only do 15% on Sheeva since she is a beastly woman. On the other hand, big 70% Cyrax combos would suffer, allowing more counterpick decisions.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
I'm down with this. As much as it sounds like the first step to a leveling system, I ACTUALLY really like this idea.....actually.