What's new

Worst Matchups

Showtime

Reptile/Sonya
Its not the fact he has to use meter to get out, a lot of characters need to use that. Its the fact he has to use unsafe/unreliable meter attacks to get out

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
7-3 , expicially bc I duck and full combo punish tele and ex tele 9/10 times, she throw onion rings and can recover duck and punish teleports
Yeah. One of my sparring buddies plays scorpion and he constantly says it is probably 8 2 but I agree 7 3. It really is a stupid match for scorpion if you take advantage of the holes in his pressure, and blow up teleports and stuff. He really has no answer to rings or d4.

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
I still feel like kitana is one of the worst matchups for scorpion because she wins from every area on the screen. Add cyrax to that too. Cage and sonya are bad but at least scorpion can use his hellfire in those matches.

Sonya and cage should only be trying to get in the whole time. Sonya has a great projectile but imo it's no good against scorpion and a well times d3 stuffs sonya's d4.

Kitana may not be able to do the same chip as those characters but her footsies are insanely better than scorpions and d4 is not enough to deal with them imo. She doesn't have to come in at him at all, the runaway game works insanely well if she gets a life lead because scorpion can't do anything but take a huge risk to stop it. She is also building free meter while you close the gap. If you do close the gap and corner her square wave will get her killed but instead of doing that she can just space you out, it's really not too bad of a spot for kitana, especially with meter.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I still feel like kitana is one of the worst matchups for scorpion because she wins from every area on the screen. Add cyrax to that too. Cage and sonya are bad but at least scorpion can use his hellfire in those matches.

Sonya and cage should only be trying to get in the whole time. Sonya has a great projectile but imo it's no good against scorpion and a well times d3 stuffs sonya's d4.

Kitana may not be able to do the same chip as those characters but her footsies are insanely better than scorpions and d4 is not enough to deal with them imo. She doesn't have to come in at him at all, the runaway game works insanely well if she gets a life lead because scorpion can't do anything but take a huge risk to stop it. She is also building free meter while you close the gap. If you do close the gap and corner her square wave will get her killed but instead of doing that she can just space you out, it's really not too bad of a spot for kitana, especially with meter.
Last time I went to GGA and played 16Bit I too came to the conclusion the match is fucked up. There's no aspect on anywhere on the screen Scorpion wins just like Cyrax. She may not have resets, but 50% combos is still 2 mistakes and your dead. 7-3.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Last time I went to GGA and played 16Bit I too came to the conclusion the match is fucked up. There's no aspect on anywhere on the screen Scorpion wins just like Cyrax. She may not have resets, but 50% combos is still 2 mistakes and your dead. 7-3.
Which matchups do you feel you can end 111 with takedown just incase? could you give me a breakdown of playing footsies with 50/50s? i only use f4 because its the most effective of the two?

does an air teleport, not iatp, punish assaway?

Scoot Magee

But I didn't want to dash
Which matchups do you feel you can end 111 with takedown just incase? could you give me a breakdown of playing footsies with 50/50s? i only use f4 because its the most effective of the two?

does an air teleport, not iatp, punish assaway?
In any match I think you can end with 111 takedown, it's part of scorpions pressure game. If you condition them to block low after 111 you end up at perfect range for an instant or delayed 50/50. You can even just 111 jip or 111 dash in 111 again. Also check out the thread I made about EH spear vs neutral crouch and crouching normals. Some characters fast low pokes can be hit by EH spear which is good if they try to retaliate after a blocked takedown.

Ass out can be punished on reaction by a spear.