What's new

Worst Matchups

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Johnny Cage...Sonya blade.... I personally think that scorpion has a 3-7 on both of these characters (although some have even said 2-8) due to his bad pokes and inability to get out of pressure without using a meter, but i just wanted to get some feedback from other scorpion players, what does every1 else think about the mu's?

From my understanding, Kenshi vs Ermac is a 7-3 in Kenshi's favor due to Kenshi having an answer to everything Ermac does.

Also, Johnny Cage when up close is a 10-0 for him vs the entire cast.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Cage is at advantage for sure, but 8-2 is rather preposterous, to be honest I think the majority of Scorpion players utilize footsies completely wrong in the matchup. More B2, you'd be surprised.

Sonya I don't really have an answer for, I usually end up using Sektor, but his footsies are far too intricate for a makeshift backup.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Cage is at advantage for sure, but 8-2 is rather preposterous, to be honest I think the majority of Scorpion players utilize footsies completely wrong in the matchup. More B2, you'd be surprised.

Sonya I don't really have an answer for, I usually end up using Sektor, but his footsies are far too intricate for a makeshift backup.
yea, i felt kind of mad because a lot of people said "scorpion has no footsies" but i outfootsie one of the best cage players with d4 f4 and b2 on a 50/50 basis

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
yea, i felt kind of mad because a lot of people said "scorpion has no footsies" but i outfootsie one of the best cage players with d4 f4 and b2 on a 50/50 basis
LMAO so i have one bad night, and now you outfootsie me! haha no but seriously cage is not 8 2, prob 7 3 tho. like it was previously mentionned, while risky, b2 can save your ass in that matchup.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I agree for sonya cage and kabal...but why cyrax is bad for scorpion? scorpion have a great counter for cyrax net,ex spear
Cyrax is bad because he not only gets to zone Scorpion for free with bombs and nets but even when Scorpion gets a chance to do his 50/50 if he guesses wrong he loses the round. Ex spear is good for net but a smart Cyrax is gonna mix in bombs to keep you honest.

The vortex/void is worth going for because you have potential to do 100% while your opponent's potential is 30% to 40%.

When Cyrax guesses right he does 75% to 100%. The risk/reward is terribly scewed against him. Same with Cage.

OZZYGUITAR

Back-dash Adam
Cage
Sonya
Kabal

?s: Jax, Sektor
jax and sektor are 4-6 imo, but scorp has so many 4-6's idfc lol

Cyrax is bad because he not only gets to zone Scorpion for free with bombs and nets but even when Scorpion gets a chance to do his 50/50 if he guesses wrong he loses the round. Ex spear is good for net but a smart Cyrax is gonna mix in bombs to keep you honest.

The vortex/void is worth going for because you have potential to do 100% while your opponent's potential is 30% to 40%.

When Cyrax guesses right he does 75% to 100%. The risk/reward is terribly scewed against him. Same with Cage.
Tru the risk reward is terribly messed up but if you read a bomb or net you get a free tele to a vortex 50/50, and you can also use the ex teleport on reaction to take a little chip, get in, and leave yourself at +10, but do you think it's 3-7 or 4-6?

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
lao- spear, mileena, block and counter her air drop with a 1,1,1 spear into combo, raiden, play it safe and punish his lightning superman with a b2, smoke, keep up with the up close approach, personally I think one of his worst match ups is, Shang Tsung

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
lol, when has anyone ever landed the 100% cyrax combo in an actual tourney, its too impractical. thats why u usually only see the 75% for 1 bar or 80% for 2 bars.

Also...b2 shoulda been much safer on block, like -6

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Ive had a 120% combo landed on me online when the game first came out, but online isnt much relevance here, but yes tourney wise hes still so broken lol

Axel_Redd

yah, but u can't do those 100% death combo's easily now because majority of his reset tacticts got patched, now only the net reset remains. its way too hard to go for the 100% involving the net, better off with the 75% or 80%, a few of tony-t's combo's are valid too, altho i haven't messed around with that weird b2, far bomb thing that he does....how hard is that to do?

Canoptek Zombie

Error Macro
Incredibly, the command grap to the far bomb is hard to do, because by the time the bomb is let out, they have time to recover from the command grab, and no get caught by his punches

Axel_Redd

Incredibly, the command grap to the far bomb is hard to do, because by the time the bomb is let out, they have time to recover from the command grab, and no get caught by his punches
....thats b1.....i said B2, his over head launcher