What's new

Worst match-up in the game?

NariTuba

disMember
the armor on her bf3 helps.
that gets blown up by any low hit tho... IF she gets close you pester her with lows into the overhead kick or just go into flight cancel pressure on her obese hitbox. Plus even if she does get the armored grab on you she sends you back to 3/4 screen and its fireball time again.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
Sonya vs. Kenshi. I'm not hearing anything against this match-up, it is the worst I have ever seen.

"Good God, Blake, you're obsessed over Kenshi, aren't you?"

Yes...yes, yes, I absolutely am.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I'm not going to pick up Sonya, but I know a 7-3 when I see one and that isn't a 7-3. Sektor - Sheeva or Kenshi - Jade, now those are bad MUs.
...so what you're saying is just observing a match-up is enough for you to rank it by numbers?

Way to lose credibility for your posts.

Get experience in a match-up, then try ranking it.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Sub-Kenshi is bad.
It has to be this matchup doesn't it?

Does any other character have all/most of their special moves rendered useless? I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

I mean Kenshi negates Sub's clone and ice ball. Puddle is already useless and slide is easily noticable/punishable. Basically you're fighting this fight with no specials and no way but random slides to get in. GOOD LUCK

D

Deleted member 9158

Quan-chi vs Johnny Cage is horrible. At least for me it is

CJKRattlehead

Two men enter, one man leaves!
...so what you're saying is just observing a match-up is enough for you to rank it by numbers?

Way to lose credibility for your posts.

Get experience in a match-up, then try ranking it.
I use to play Kenshi just FYI, What's the major issue? He can't keep you out forever and when you get in you have the advantage even with his armor, Sonya has better damage, better normals, and ex cartwheel does wonders for this MU. It is bad but it isn't 7-3.

Edgar Inc

B3 everything
I personally dont think Sonya vs Kenshi is that bad. I dont have that much experience besides a few games with Tolkeen, but its not that difficult once you figure out their patterns.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
Scorpion v Cage......not the worst in the game but damn it's pretty bad. Cage is just oozing meter while you are giving him love taps with d1 not to mention the ex-spear proximity glitch situation. Not good, not good at all

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
lol u have a super armor lunging launcher thats safe on block. 7-3 My BOOOTAHHH
Oh, I'd love to see you winning against Kenshi players just by using the EX Cartwheel. You'd be so godlike!

...if you think armored moves are all there is to it, you have a lot to learn.

I'm done with this silliness. Move on, people.

I personally dont think Sonya vs Kenshi is that bad. I dont have that much experience besides a few games with Tolkeen, but its not that difficult once you figure out their patterns.
That's precisely the point. You're not going to be winning against Kenshi with Sonya unless the Kenshi player makes incorrect reads and doesn't play to the best of his ability.

To be fair, there are other match-ups with the potential to be just as bad, if not worse. But really it comes down to the player and his/her available options.

GGA HAN

Galloping Ghost Arcade
Has anyone said Smoke vs Noob yet? I could be mistaken, but an anti-zoning character with great normals and whiff punishers vs a zoning character with less usefull moves?

Enenra

Go to hell.
Has anyone said Smoke vs Noob yet? I could be mistaken, but an anti-zoning character with great normals and whiff punishers vs a zoning character with less usefull moves?
It's not too bad, actually. Kenshi-Jade gets my vote. Even worse than Kenshi-Sub

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
damn that sucks... that leaves her with random flash kicks... but I still don't see how it's worse than Sub. All he has is random slides.