What's new

Worst Hockey Fight E V E R

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Sometimes hockey fights are for show, sometimes they are great. Probert was def one of those guys who loved to scrap.

In this modern era of hockey, look no further than John Scott. He is a monster. The fights tend to be one sided, but, they are still entertaining in my book. Just youtube him, there are tons of them because hes a crap hockey player, but great fighter. John Scott vs NHL 10-0. No lie. I cant think of a fight he lost.
Yeah man. I was at the game when he knocked out Shawn Thornton. But Buffalo is a fucking joke of a franchise right now. They need a house-cleaning and badly.

Smoke_Of_Finland

Believe in the hop kick
The goons in the 90's couldn't play for shit and were more boxers than hockey players.
There will always be goons in hockey teams because there is no other way to stop generally dirty players/douchebags from going after the star players, but nowadays goons are expected to be able to play as well as enforce.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
Ok, but I meant in relation to other sports where you're not allowed to fight.
Not really sure the exact reason behind there ever being fighting but at this point it has become tradition. Fighting isn't allowed everywhere in the world though, it has stayed mainly in North America.

Not really sure the exact reason behind there ever being fighting but at this point it has become tradition. Fighting isn't allowed everywhere in the world though, it has stayed mainly in North America.
Ratings too I guess. I like hockey but fighting is honestly the most random thing to have in the sport, or league I should say.

Limelights

"The smart stuff"
I'd prefer going back in time to attend this hockey match w Death just to look at his face of disgust watching these 2 zoners fight/zone each other out
It happens a lot and always ends up with the same conclusion: both players are grabbing eachother's shirts. Circle around for 10 seconds JUST to come in and grab his shirt, looks so stupid.

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
are refs supposed to let them fight a bit for ratings or something
maybe in the states, for the most part the games I watch they try break them up before they start, the good fights never have a chance to be broken up though. Hockey is not about fighting, it's just one part of the game.