What's new

Worst Hockey Fight E V E R

Limelights

"The smart stuff"

As a hockey fan and player the staged fights are really annoying. I like when there's passion involved, like when someone cheap shots a skill guy and the tough guy comes in and whoops ass (like Chara two nights ago). What I don't like is the fights, off the face-off, between two fourth-line bruisers. There's no passion there, they're both paid to fight.

Does the NHL do it for ratings? Yeah, probably. It draws in the simple people that are easily amused while not hurting their existing fanbase. Hockey is an amazing sport, and once you realize just how good some of these players are you appreciate the play before the whistle a lot more.

But this guy is a beast. He's short for the role he plays (like 5'10"?) and as you can see he just never stops going. He was a goon that was actually fun to watch.

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Sometimes hockey fights are for show, sometimes they are great. Probert was def one of those guys who loved to scrap.

In this modern era of hockey, look no further than John Scott. He is a monster. The fights tend to be one sided, but, they are still entertaining in my book. Just youtube him, there are tons of them because hes a crap hockey player, but great fighter. John Scott vs NHL 10-0. No lie. I cant think of a fight he lost.