What's new

General/Other Worries about GA: Arrow swapping and Traits

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Is this 100% confirmed?
From the builds we've seen yes. Its subject to change of course.

Its why he has 'ammo'. 3 fire, 2 electric, 1 ice. You load it, and your next 3, 2 or 1 arrows has different properties. You need to load it first though, and loading is a specific animation.

If you look at the hawkgirl battle arena vid, you notice it when he looks like hes teabagging in the corner. He is doing down down 4, which is the input for the fire arrow, and he proceeds to load it.

trufenix

bye felicia
Nearest I can tell (based on the vs. Hawkgirl vid) you will probably have enough time to squeeze an arrow swap in during wall bounce, but not much else, maybe the Z-bounce stage interactions.

Regardless, I am confident GA is going to be super solid in this game. Even if his damage is pathetic and his back dash is worthless, the ability to hold an arrow while walking, crouching, and jump is gonna be huge, especially given there's no projectile trades.

If they had given this kind of power to Sindel, hoo wee would it be gross.

OH, right, and his RANGED COMBOABLE OKIABLE SUPER is unblockable.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
What is your issue again? Not being able to "spam" arrows because they can see you using your trait?
Imagine if you could tell what ground skull Shang Tsung does before he even did it, or along those lines. Thats his 'issue'.
But the game isnt out yet so we dont know shit anyway.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
id imagine as every one improves so will execution speed , take kabal as an example~ the bnb's he has now compared to the first weeks of release . i reckon arrows will be easier than u think to input

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
The shock state in this game has me interested. It seems to have longer hit stun meaning that some combos I do may not work without it. GA gets what 2 or 3 of those arrows? Sounds like a pretty nice tool for combos to me. Especially in certain stages where I could use it to induce enough hitstun to combo into an interactible like the liquid nitrogen or something.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
The shock state in this game has me interested. It seems to have longer hit stun meaning that some combos I do may not work without it. GA gets what 2 or 3 of those arrows? Sounds like a pretty nice tool for combos to me. Especially in certain stages where I could use it to induce enough hitstun to combo into an interactible like the liquid nitrogen or something.
Some characters have more of it than others.

Black Adam and Shazam are the main shockers it seems.

And you get 2 electric arrows when you load them.

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
Some characters have more of it than others.

Black Adam and Shazam are the main shockers it seems.

And you get 2 electric arrows when you load them.
Yeah BA and Shazam are loaded with shock state attacks. Its nice GA gets access to it himself. I get the feeling we'll see some nice extended combos make use of their properties.

Lyuben

Sinestro's might!
Seems like they remedied one of the problems. In the Black Adam trailer GA starts a combo with an ice arrow, and ends it with a shock one.

Still make it obvious what arrow you have, but at least its a step in the right direction.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
In a way. 'Spam' is the wrong word.

If you show your opponent you have the default, they know your strategy is to zone.
If you show them your fire arrow, they know you want them at range, and to catch them out since it does friendly fire.
If you show them your electric/ice arrow, they know you will try to get up close to melee or counter their advance.

Effectively, its putting a sign on your back saying "this is my strategy". I appreciate how GA relies on his arrows for his entire playstyle, but letting your opponent know doesn't seem to be very good.
good, in this case i will just switch to defaut and start rushing down lol

Stchamps

PSN: SoaD_009
The switching arrows thing has turned me away from playing Green Arrow. If someone is chasing me down I don't have time to switch. If someone is zoning me I can't switch without getting hit. And as others have said, "hey guys im using flame arrows I'm gonna try and zone, hey guys I'm using electric / ice arrows I want to do a combo because without either of these my combo potential sucks."

cyke_out

Noob
It's really not as bad as some people are making it out to be.

vs zoning, block a projectile, and then switch, either use fire arrow to knock the zoner down and work your way in, or use ice to freeze the zoner and work your way in.

vs rush down, arrow has plenty of strings and moves that either gets him away, or sends the opponent flying, d/b+2. b+2,3. 3,3. d/f+1...

Don't be mindless about your loading and know your options with or without arrows.

The switching arrows thing has turned me away from playing Green Arrow. If someone is chasing me down I don't have time to switch. If someone is zoning me I can't switch without getting hit. And as others have said, "hey guys im using flame arrows I'm gonna try and zone, hey guys I'm using electric / ice arrows I want to do a combo because without either of these my combo potential sucks."
Usually,
When I first play a opponent, I am already knowing his characters trait/style (zone/rush). Therefore, anticipation leads me to immediately switch to the needed arrow for that match.

I think Green Arrow is fine how he is.