What's new

World Cup Discussion Thread by request

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good job today, USA!

also, remember when i said Germany would win the 2010 World Cup?

Well read this:

Brazil won the World Cup in 1994. Before this, their last title was in 1970. If you add up, 1970 + 1994 = 3964.

Argentina won the World Cup in 1986 and before in 1978. Adding 1978 + 1986 = 3964.

Germany had won the Cup in 1990. Before that, in 1974. Adding 1990 + 1974 = 3964

Brazil won the 2002 World Cup and also won the cup in 1962. Checking: 1962 + 2002 = 3964.

Following this logic, the winner of the 2010 World Cup will be the same as in 1954.

Adding: 1954 + 2010 = 3964.

And the World Cup in 1954, was won by.......Germany...

:coffee:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Tim, you freak! LOL

Nice win by USA!!! GOOO U-S-A!!!!!!!!!

The domination over Argentina was out of this world. Argentina was the best team and they got raped. I dont think Klose is human. Maybe Spain can beat them? But Spain didnt even dominate the lesser talented teams and they struggle to beat a Por & Par.

mhtdtr

Ancestors, give me strength!
spain is not the same than two years ago when we beat the european cup. i think germany is too strong and will win the cup

spain is not the same than two years ago when we beat the european cup. i think germany is too strong and will win the cup
That's because Fernando Torres hasnt shown up at all. If Germany scores early then it's going to be over soon.

That Netherland win over Brazil dont sit well with me at all. Brazil deserved the win, I dont like Netherlands in the Finals, man. Let's hope Spain destroys Ger and Netherlands.

Tim Static

Adminerator
How did they deserve the win? Um, play some Defense on the corners instead of standing there watching the ball whiz by.

i like Brazil, who doesnt but Holland was 1 goal better that day.

and Germany is gonna win the cup man. Adios, Spain!

How did they deserve the win? Um, play some Defense on the corners instead of standing there watching the ball whiz by.

i like Brazil, who doesnt but Holland was 1 goal better that day.

and Germany is gonna win the cup man. Adios, Spain!
Brazil dominated that game, and that 1st goal was an own goal by Brazil's Felipe Melo. Something fishy about that game that I dont like. Spain will pull it out vs Germany I think.

mhtdtr

i cant belive! we are in the world cup final!! honestly i think germany was too strong but with spain playing his best soccer everything is possible!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Good job, Germany. Won 3rd place with a 3-2 victory over Uruguay today. Uruguay hit the goal post on the last play of the game that would have forced extra time.

I am still a bit salty considering that if Mueller hadnt missed the Spain game for that shitty shitty hand ball call vs Argentina that Germany would be playing for the WC title tomorrow. But it didnt happen that way.

Germany will be back in 2014 and will be a force in that tourney. But pretty great showing in this World Cup considering they are one of the youngest teams in the tourney and, our captain Michael Ballack was injured before the World Cup started and he didnt play at all.

Congrats to Germany, as well as Uruguay and Spain.

Holland will win the cup tomorrow, me thinks. THE ORANJE!!

mhtdtr

tonight we will win the world cup for the fist time (i hope)! its a really exciting day here in spain. a por ellos!!

Tim Static

Adminerator
Less than 1 hour until a game is played for one of the 2 greatest sports trophies, and the single greatest championship game played in all of sports.

I am actually a little sad its gonna be over. Then, another 4 years until Brazil 2014 :(

SZSR

Noob
Spain for the win! After Uruguay and Brazil got close, I want them to win to get rid of the team that knocked out my favorites.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Holland got screwed. How the fuck did Spain get a goal kick after Holland's free kick went off a Spanish player? should have been a corner, but that turned into the play Spain scored.