What's new

Wonder Woman Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Highlander

There can be only one
So the dive-bomb and the lasso spin have been takin away, unless you have gear on. That lasso spin in the first game was like the best wake up attack in the game.....
It's up there since it aa, lead to 30% and was fully invincible but it was pretty unsafe.

Where are we getting the 5 random trait information? Was a new video released or what? I wanted to see her on the beta... :(

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Trait is eh, but its quick and looks like you can get it many times per round. They kinda stopped partway through though

- One lets you air dash
- One makes your lasso stronger

rest ???????

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Trait is eh, but its quick and looks like you can get it many times per round. They kinda stopped partway through though

- One lets you air dash
- One makes your lasso stronger

rest ???????
Shield one makes the shield toss absorb projectiles and increases damage on shield moves.

Arms makes damage taken less

Tiara builds more meter on hits.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!
I don't really mind her trait being random.
She seems like a character that isn't balanced around her trait, so you could probably ignore it if you want.

The way the buffs are, strong but not overwhelming so, and there is no negative to them.
Just pop the trait when ever you get the chance.

Lokheit

Noob
Not going to play much WoWo but came here to see people's thoughts on the trait. I cringe whenever I see "random" attached to core gameplay elements, as it makes the character unreliable and hard to balance (do you make it too powerful to compensate for being unreliable? what if it's so powerful that when players get what they want it's broken).

Not being able to know your real options is terrible, for example, if for your gameplan against a particular matchup you're going to need air dashes or eating projectiles, you want to know you're getting it, if a particular matchup doesn't care about one of the buffs you just wasted your opportunity (and we could even end up seeing players spamming the trait until they get what they want, making the frames they waste randome too).

I don't care about what they said about "wanting players to adapt on the fly", no, sorry, forcing an adaptation is something you do to your opponent not to yourself, it also kind of "forces" to use certain stuff you don't want to if you want to optimize the trait (you can always not to get someone with their guard down but that's also true with a non random trait).

I'm not sure how Harley's trait worked on I1, but IMO attaching random results to a core part of a character's plan is bad, hard to balance and can ultimately make the character "fun but not viable for tournaments".

I think with there being 5 versions it would be better to have it work as s4, f4, b4, u4, d4 with longer cooldowns to compensate for not being a random buff. Then again, as I said I'm not a fan of the character and won't play her too much so I guess if players like it the way it is, I'll stand corrected (though so far it looks like I'm not the only one not liking it).

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Not going to play much WoWo but came here to see people's thoughts on the trait. I cringe whenever I see "random" attached to core gameplay elements, as it makes the character unreliable and hard to balance (do you make it too powerful to compensate for being unreliable? what if it's so powerful that when players get what they want it's broken).

Not being able to know your real options is terrible, for example, if for your gameplan against a particular matchup you're going to need air dashes or eating projectiles, you want to know you're getting it, if a particular matchup doesn't care about one of the buffs you just wasted your opportunity (and we could even end up seeing players spamming the trait until they get what they want, making the frames they waste randome too).

I don't care about what they said about "wanting players to adapt on the fly", no, sorry, forcing an adaptation is something you do to your opponent not to yourself, it also kind of "forces" to use certain stuff you don't want to if you want to optimize the trait (you can always not to get someone with their guard down but that's also true with a non random trait).

I'm not sure how Harley's trait worked on I1, but IMO attaching random results to a core part of a character's plan is bad, hard to balance and can ultimately make the character "fun but not viable for tournaments".

I think with there being 5 versions it would be better to have it work as s4, f4, b4, u4, d4 with longer cooldowns to compensate for not being a random buff. Then again, as I said I'm not a fan of the character and won't play her too much so I guess if players like it the way it is, I'll stand corrected (though so far it looks like I'm not the only one not liking it).
She seems pretty good otherwise: so if the trait options are useful, it'll be icing on the cake.

It's definitely better than her trait in the last game, in any case.

Last edited:

TheGabStandard

The anticipation is killing me
Wait the trait is random? I thought we could activate any of them.
Nah, they said on the stream they will be random.

I am also wondering whether they will keep her damage. I always expected it to be reduced after IGAU but the combo 16Bit did was around 40% meterless, Tyler's 1 bar combo I think was 47%.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
sad to hear about random... I enjoy WW in the 1st game and as a WW fan was defiantly going to either main or have her as a well known backup.. but a random trait is just a total fail.

Fighting games by definition are all about doing the "correct" thing when it counts. Random traits basically defeat the entire point of choosing to do a certain move at a certain moment.

This idea for her basically ensures she will never be viable in tournament play.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
All I know i'd rather have the random trait than fucking stance switching again.

Also lol at she will never be viable in tournament play if her trait is random, I am pretty sure her moveset and options are much more important than if she got to pick her buff or not.

NeroOps

Death Before Dishonor
Let it be random makes her more of a challenge to relearn also she looks cool imo she always had an issue with zoning but in this game she can either jump roll use shield ability if the gear feature is on and doesn't her ex shield throw nullify other projectiles or am I taking it the wrong way?

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
The only way the trait will be useful is if all of her combos/ most of her damaging combos, incorporate at all or most of her weapons/body. But I don't see that being likely.

The Highlander

There can be only one
Sweep it is then?
Maybe? No way to know really. I remember in 1 people ended in sweep for the first 2 months cause it gave 'better oki' when the general consensus towards the end was to finish with lasso grab for corner carry and extra damage. If some of her buffs suck then it might not be worth it. I really don't like that it's random...

Status
Not open for further replies.